Options

Let's get Kylie to represent the UK in 2015

Comments

• Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Nah, Kylie's in the twilight years of her career now, her albums aren't doing as good as they were.

Rylan Clark or Kitty Brucknell should be considered, give them a really good pop song.
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Were you watching the Australian input to the second semi final by any chance?
  • Options
    EuanDesuEuanDesu Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Rylan and Kitty - they'd be a great show.

But Kylie... no, Geri would be better.
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I understand her career is in the crapper - but SURELY she shouldn't lower herself to Eurovision.
  • Options
    tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? Is she going to have a sex change or something?

Seems that is the way to win these days
  • Options
    MGN2005MGN2005 Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan and Kitty can't sing. Kylie is still loved across Europe
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geri is fab but can't manage a hit in the UK anymore. Kylie would be great. If she can't get top ten then we should pull out
  • Options
    Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MGN2005 wrote: »
    Geri is fab but can't manage a hit in the UK anymore. Kylie would be great. If she can't get top ten then we should pull out
    Why not get someone from outside of the UK? Many countries have been doing this for for years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not get someone from outside of the UK? Many countries have been doing this for for years.

To be fair she's Australian
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Nah, Kylie's in the twilight years of her career now, her albums aren't doing as good as they were.

Rylan Clark or Kitty Brucknell should be considered, give them a really good pop song.
    You have got to be kidding! :o

So rather than entering acts with enough Talent to get themselves in to the music through their own talent, we should use people who resort to an entertainment TV to gain famedome?

We should be entering acts that actually have talent not the people who appear on a fake TV show designed to make one Mr Cowell a lot of money.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair she's Australian
    Part of the British Empire I suppose so I get your point. Definitely has to be better than some X Factor fame **** though.
  • Options
    AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kylie's career is already on the skids, she's hardly going to taint it even further with Eurovision. Plus, since All The Lovers she hasn't released a single song that would win.
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Rylan and Kitty can't sing. Kylie is still loved across Europe

Do you really think Eurovision is about the voice? The strongest vocal didn't get far tonight at all.

Its about a good pop song, vocal range doesn't come into it.
  • Options
    poshblokeposhbloke Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would rather see us go down the Netherlands route of getting a really good song performed by a singer or group with a dash of musical credibility. I actually think that we got part of the way there this year (wouldn't be totally surprised to see Molly go onto bigger and better things) and hope that the BBC carry on with the unsigned artist thing, perhaps expanding it into a National Final. If Eurovision can act as something of a springboard to success for a new artist then this has to be preferable to seen better days "next stop Butlins in Skeggy" acts like Blue or Bonnie. Lets use it to develop new talent rather than it being one last payday for an old stager.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    poshbloke wrote: »
    If Eurovision can act as something of a springboard to success for a new artist then this has to be preferable to seen better days "next stop Butlins in Skeggy" acts like Blue or Bonnie. Lets use it to develop new talent rather than it being one last payday for an old stager.

I 100% agree. In spite of Molly's result, I think she will have a promising career and I hope she does. It was refreshing to sign in an unknown talent with lots of potential for a change. Having Englebert, Blue and Bonnie in the past were a joke.
  • Options
    adamski94adamski94 Posts: 3,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should send bob the builder :)
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,062
    Forum Member
    It doesn't matter who we send if we don't get the song right. None of Kylie's recent material would do much at Eurovision.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've often thought Kylie would be a good choice for the UK. But it would still depend on the song. No doubt she'd be known in all the other countries, but she'd still have to work for it.
  • Options
    Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last winner for UK was an American. Perhaps we should draft in Will-I-Am. On second thoughts....
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The last winner for UK was an American. Perhaps we should draft in Will-I-Am. On second thoughts....

No that would be awful! He ruined Britney Spears' last album >:( Hang on there's an idea... why not send Britney? It might take a couple of years because of her Vegas residency but in theory it would be possible. A song like Work Bitch would be epic at Eurovision :D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Didn't Olivia Newton John represent the UK years ago?
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine if we sent Madonna, the most successful female artist ever. She'd never do it though, she's far too commercially successful to go near it but I'd be fascinated to see what Europe's reaction to such a megastar would be. I can't see Kylie ever doing it either, we should be sending somebody with credibility who is on the way up.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kylie would be FANTASTIC, but she'd never do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Due to the attitude of the rest of the world towards the UK even the `Mother Theresa` could not have won us Eurovision.
    :D
  • Options
    Pandora.Pandora. Posts: 21,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ecckles wrote: »
    Due to the attitude of the rest of the world towards the UK even the `Mother Theresa` could not have won us Eurovision.
    :D
    Stop being so self pitying.