Options

Wow - Xfactor Twist Is.....*spoiler*

Comments

• Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the source for this?

There's plenty of articles doing the rounds but they're about bringing it for *NEXT* year's show
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaftPunk wrote: »
    By showing that Chris and Rylan are way out in front, they are probably hoping that their fans will stop voting.

Xfactor has got very ugly this year, and it's turning into Big Brother almost where the personality (or lack of it) is the deciding factor. To be honest it has been going this way for a few years.

Time to call it a day me thinks...

This. ^^
  • Options
    Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shraine wrote: »

It’s a move that’s apparently set to be applied to the UK show for the first time in a bid to boost ratings.

However it won’t be seen in action until next year’s series, The Sun reports.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/119488-x-factor-2012-to-release-voting-figures-live-to-boost-ratings.html#ixzz2D2nvfDvI
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I think the order last week was:
    Christopher
    Jahmene
    Union J
    Rylan
    James
    Ella

So this week will probably be
    Christopher
    Jahmene
    James
    Union J
    Rylan

:(

Good prediction will look forward to Sunday to see if this is so. :)
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Hate this idea. If there's another Matt-like contestant we'd know the winner by week 4 :yawn:
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It’s a move that’s apparently set to be applied to the UK show for the first time in a bid to boost ratings.

However it won’t be seen in action until next year’s series, The Sun reports.

Read more: http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/119488-x-factor-2012-to-release-voting-figures-live-to-boost-ratings.html#ixzz2D2nvfDvI

And this is what I read.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shraine wrote: »
    Voting figures will be released on sunday nights show for this week!.....

Said that days ago ... *smug*
  • Options
    JackkJackk Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    If this is the case though I expect the results to be like this:

Jahmene
    James
    Christopher
    Rylan
    Union J
  • Options
    CaudlehalbardCaudlehalbard Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James and Union J, I am guessing as the bottom two.

Hope James goes. Should have gone last week, not Ella.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    40-40J's wrote: »
    Could it be because they'e doing this on X Factor USA?

Guess so. What happens one the UK show happens on the US show and now vice-versa.

It's a way to tell the voters who is - and most importantly - NOT safe. Were this done last week Ella and James may have been saved by the public.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we are not talking about 'this' sunday,
    just future sunday nights results shows of next series (assuming there will be one)

I think it would be totally unfair to introduce something like this part way through the series. Particularly when it would definately appear as if it was done to manipulate the result which wasn't going as the producers/judges wanted...

If anything it could make the situation worse as if you see that Chris/Rylan are soo far ahead then it becomes even more obvious that voting for james/jahmene is a wasted vote so they could end up with fewer votes the following week.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere they were thinking about doing this. Kind of skipped read it, but it was connencted to Cowell and the fact they felt that showing them would boost viewing figures and voting figures. The whole idea being that if you saw your fav was in the bottom two, you'd pick up the phone and get voting. I think it maybe a way of trying to make sure that Jahmene, James and Union J didn't end up being at the bottom. Don't think they'd be too concerned about Chris or Rylan though! But of course, if they were the same could apply to them, in it could get their fans voting more.

Here's the link I read:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/realitybites/a439890/x-factor-should-they-reveal-the-voting-results.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    syncage wrote: »
    If anything it could make the situation worse as if you see that Chris/Rylan are soo far ahead then it becomes even more obvious that voting for james/jahmene is a wasted vote so they could end up with fewer votes the following week.

It depends. The idea would be if your saw your favourite at the bottom. You'd obviously vote again and the 'middling' acts would be in danger.

It's a way of SyCo encouraging you to vote more - increasing their revenue. Don't do it! :D
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says "from next year" folks. :cool::cool:
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Do people actually read the whole article or just pick a line that suits them and then ramble on about it?!

Next Year!!!
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I don't know why people believe what the thread starter said anyway, with no source of any kind. If people believe this then it's no wonder they also believe "sources" or "a friend" in newspapers too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was said there was going to be a surprise this week.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HughOS wrote: »
    It's probably a last ditch attempt to get Maloney out. People are going to be horrified when they realise how high he is polling.

Yes, it sounds like a stunt to stop Chris winning.

But it will also mean revealing to everyone that he is very popular with the public : it's a double edged sword that could seriously backfire on them. They probably assume it will make people vote for the other acts but it could end up boosting his own support too.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything it'll make viewers tune out not tune in. If its true we will know who's going to win from the first week so what would be the point in tuning in for rest of series???

IMO its made the us version very boring we already no who the final 3 will be on the us version.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clear manipulation and I hope it backfires badly.
  • Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The amount of effort they're putting into stopping Christopher is laughable. CHRISTOPHER TO WIN.
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tihnk its the wrong time to do it - there's only 5 left - if they had done this at the start it would've been different IMO

Yes yes yes

Should have started week 1 , X factor needs to be more transparent so I'm happy they reveal the vote from now on .
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    do Not Fall For It. Keep Voting For Christopher Maloney - The Peoples Champion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    It was said there was going to be a surprise this week.

it? I haven't heard anything about a surprise this week, where have you seen this?