The dance acts really are incredible boring...

PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
Forum Member
Even Diversity were crap anyway. I turn over whenever they come on now.

Comments

• gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diversity were deserving winners in my eyes, very creative and great personalities which shines through when they dance.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    Loved diversity but since then i am just bored of the dance groups.
    You see better ones on got to dance
  • PorkchopExpressPorkchopExpress Posts: 5,534
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    Diversity were deserving winners in my eyes, very creative and great personalities which shines through when they dance.

I hated Diversity. And the small one doesn't seem to have grown in 5 years.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the same every time!

Dull, dull, dull.
  • TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Taking each dance act as individual acts they are brilliant. I do like the street acts. But the fact they are so clearly numerically the second most performed act on BGT means it is now getting decidedly worn down.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't try to have a narrative because its always VERY LOOSE and ultimately irrelevant to the performance. Similarly, I hate how everything is a medley of songs.
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Diversity, not just because the dancing itself was actually well choreographed and in sync, but they introduced some humour into parts of their routines, it was different, and had likeable personalities. Since then, however, I'm just so over it. It all seems so samey and doesn't excite me at all. The Addict Initiative, that are on tonight's semi, I watched the audition and it seemed sloppy, and like they were just flailing their arms around repeatedly, and Lauren and Terrell yesterday, didn't interest me either. I think street dance has kinda had it's day.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the dance acts - some are better to watch than others!

The singers bore me to tears - always turn over when they are on!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a bit irked by all the Diversity wannabes. It also annoys me when one or two dancers start off and then the audience start screaming when they all start dancing in sync, like it's not been seen before! My final annoyance is when they perform to one of the most popular upbeat hits at the time and that excites the audience, then the judges say "the audience loved it/you!". No, they loved the song! Same with all the screams contestants got for singing 'Get Lucky' on The X Factor and The Voice. Rant over. :p
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Where are The Dancers from the Ukraine? They danced in the dark with lights.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I am a bit irked by all the Diversity wannabes. It also annoys me when one or two dancers start off and then the audience start screaming when they all start dancing in sync, like it's not been seen before! My final annoyance is when they perform to one of the most popular upbeat hits at the time and that excites the audience, then the judges say "the audience loved it/you!". No, they loved the song! Same with all the screams contestants got for singing 'Get Lucky' on The X Factor and The Voice. Rant over. :p

I do not like the term Diversity Wannabes, it makes out that Diversity invented the street dance genre.

Diversity were good, but were nothing special in the Streetdance world and anyone who knew the dance style would have put Flawless ahead of them that year.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the French guys dancin' in heels tomorrow - love them!
  • thelukestar619thelukestar619 Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Addict Initiative, I thought they were nothing like diversity and pretty original. I guess I'm the only one.
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cantos wrote: »
    I do not like the term Diversity Wannabes, it makes out that Diversity invented the street dance genre.

Diversity were good, but were nothing special in the Streetdance world and anyone who knew the dance style would have put Flawless ahead of them that year.

I totally agree. In terms of ability, Flawless were way ahead, but Diversity had choreography/signatures that made their final dance stand out (i.e. the creativity of their routine, the two younger ones being chucked around :D)... it is little things like that that stick in the audience's mind and why they won.

On another note, mini moves have had so many chances on Got to Dance, it's time to give it up... only joking!:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Addict Initiative, I thought they were nothing like diversity and pretty original. I guess I'm the only one.

I really enjoyed their performance too. Different to what we have seen in a while.
    I'm hoping they do maleficent's story for the final :D
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Addict Initiative. I never thought they would make it. Theyre interesting & fresh. James was a bit predictable but hes cute so I dont mind him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I really enjoyed their performance too. Different to what we have seen in a while.
  • DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All addict initiative do is wave arms around and have a girl in peril. It would be better if they added gore.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rianne wrote: »

Thats a great idea! Would really fit them. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Even Diversity were crap anyway. I turn over whenever they come on now.
    The dance acts bore me s..tless and the crowd that went through tonight were morons.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are just copies of each other, they just wear different clothes. I thought the motorbike act was the best act of the night.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The dance act was good, but they lost the synchronisation for about five seconds when they were waving their arms around at one point. They've got a lot of energy though.
  • TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I have a theory as to why dancers numerically dominate the semi's along with the singers. I don't know if I have mentioned it on this thread. It is easier to train your voice I think to sing in harmony or to get a dozen people to flap their arms and legs about in synchronicity than it is to throw your voice into a dummy, tell really good jokes that work or look as if you have escaped from chains whilst in a box that is full of water. That is why so many comedians, illusionists etc. fail to get through. It is harder to do and therefore win over the judges. But to sing well and to dance together as if you are glued together will win over the judges every time.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the dance acts as long as they A) have good synchronicity B) are a bit 'edgy' and C) aren't masses of littl'uns.

I loved both Flawless and Diversity in their year performance-wise, but found Diversity overall more likeable.

xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1fab wrote: »
    Looking forward to the French guys dancin' in heels tomorrow - love them!

Yes! I simply loved them. :cool: