Options

Problem with 28.2º Sat reception - every things gone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
Forum Member
I live in Germany and have realized that since about 3 weeks the Sat reception has been playing up.
This evening the BBC and ITV programs have all stopped working ( so I deleted them and have tried twice to completely reload the programs - none of them are now appearing on the program list).
Have they been moved to a different satellite? ( Stupid question, I know, however how come they have ALL disappeared and no longer work on other receivers in the house?)

I thought at first it was BBC & ITV playing silly buggers and trying to stop anyone outside the UK watching the footy in english but channel 4, More 4 etc have all gone too!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
P.S. I don't think there's anything wrong with the equipment - all German channels are working perfectly and Sky ( different system) is playing up too!

Comments

• Options
    BspksBspks Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've all moved to Astra 2F with its tighter UK footprint.
    Maybe your dish has slightly moved off line and with the narrower, weaker in your loacation, beam you've lost all the 2F channels.
    Worse case, you need a larger dish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I am having trouble setting up sky can someone please help
  • Options
    Vin BlancVin Blanc Posts: 148
    Forum Member

I assume you have a suitable receiver, a dish large enough for your current location, a cheap satellite receiver and a TV.

The following web site is really intended for caravanners but you may glean enough info to get you set up and receiving a picture. - http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/articles/view.asp?id=552

Vin Blanc
  • Options
    Hooded ClawHooded Claw Posts: 504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not if you're trying to use a "Gift"with your Openbox V5S ................. Forum Rules and all that.
  • Options
    SchnuffiSchnuffi Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    Benschita wrote: »
    I live in Germany and have realized that since about 3 weeks the Sat reception has been playing up.
    This evening the BBC and ITV programs have all stopped working ( so I deleted them and have tried twice to completely reload the programs - none of them are now appearing on the program list).
    Have they been moved to a different satellite? ( Stupid question, I know, however how come they have ALL disappeared and no longer work on other receivers in the house?)

I thought at first it was BBC & ITV playing silly buggers and trying to stop anyone outside the UK watching the footy in english but channel 4, More 4 etc have all gone too!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
    P.S. I don't think there's anything wrong with the equipment - all German channels are working perfectly and Sky ( different system) is playing up too!

I live in SW Germany the reception has not changed for me in the last few weeks.
    You may have to re align your dish and with the weather we have been having you cables might be damp worth a look.
  • Options
    IrishdriverIrishdriver Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    I live in SW Germany too and I discovered that the rain sensitivity had changed - particularly for the HD channels.

So I changed my 20 year old zone 2 dish for a 90cm new one with a 1db LNB and now I only lose signal in a downpour (like last night).