Options

Skyrim general thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Okay. So you inspired me to put this back on rotation and I started Dragonborn.

Come across a few of these Lurker things and can easily stand toe-to-toe and only lose 1/5 of my total health. They go down in about 6 or 7 shots from my bow.

Im a lvl 84 Nord all skill are maxed other than Lockpock & Archery which I've recently made legendary so working them back up.
    I'm in fully smithed Daedric armour. With an armour rating of 641. Two pieces are enchanted with Increase Health as are both pieces of jewellery. Giving a total HP of 632.
    Heavy armour perk tree only has 4 in total so I could get to Conditioning (1 in Juggernaut, 1 in Fists of Steel, 1 in Cushioned and 1 in Conditioning.)
    One and Two-Handed & Block only have one skill point in each.
    Archery has 3 to get to Steady Hand. (1 in Overdraw, 1 in Eagle Eye and 1 in Steady Hand)
    No perks in any of the magics. So I've got 16 skill points to allocate.
    All my Daedric weapons are fully smithed also and have double enchantments.

They are slow moving so if you sprint you can get behind them and avoid their heavy attacks. Use poisons and flame spells to stop health regen. Drain Magicka poisons may help.
    Make some resist magic potions.
    Make some health regen potions. I have a few regen 162% faster for 300 seconds.

Are you sure you are fighting the lurker vindicators, and not just lurkers or lurker sentinals?.
    I beat him in the end by exiting the quest and coming back with some extra paralysis potions, but definitely one of the hardest bosses in the game . It reminded me of being level 12 in fallout and trying to take on a group of deathclaws.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Was beginning to think I was the only one still playing this game!

Still haven't got any of the DLC though

If I buy the legendary edition game with the DLC will my save work with the new disc?

If you know someone with the legendary edition, just borrow the dlc disc and install it.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    Are you sure you are fighting the lurker vindicators, and not just lurkers or lurker sentinals?.
    I beat him in the end by exiting the quest and coming back with some extra paralysis potions, but definitely one of the hardest bosses in the game . It reminded me of being level 12 in fallout and trying to take on a group of deathclaws.

Yep. Just did the Black Book in Neloth's staff enchanter chamber. It has two Vinicators at the end. Between the two of them they only got me down to just under 1/3 health.

Ha ha Deathclaws. Yeah, here's a quest at low level: Go to Old Olney will you? Sure, no problem. OH F@@K!!!!!!!
    A first time Deathclaw experience is just the best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Playing some of the Solitude quests at moment, somewhere I've almost completely ignored
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picked up the Legendary version cheap for PS3 so I'm battling through this again... been over 18 months since I last touched it on the 360! Certainly lags more on the PS3 than I remember it doing on the 360...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Picked up the Legendary version cheap for PS3 so I'm battling through this again... been over 18 months since I last touched it on the 360! Certainly lags more on the PS3 than I remember it doing on the 360...

Seems to be a problem with the PS versions of Bethesda games versus their 360 counterparts.
    I'm playing through New Vegas on PS3 and it constantly bottoms out. Plus their save partitioning causes problems on PS3 so you can only have a couple of save files.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lydia just died a completely pointless death. Bugger it!

Doing Companion quests, great fun! Don't know who I want as my new follower, was quite attached to Lydia but she died so easy!

Also, Uthgerd died after the brawl (Lydia killed her) and I got the key to her house from her. If I were to store stuff there would it be safe?
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only just recently finished the dlc what a great add on it was and finished all achievements, now I'm just exploring for tombs I've yet to find.

Had a fight with some Ebony Warrior who popped up as a quest and since I play on legendary I found him impossible to kill with my acrher he was killing me in 4 hits in my dragonbone light armour, it was pretty ridiculous after 45 minutes of hitting him in sneak I gave up and switched to novice haha :)
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had never bothered with it before but I saw the Legendary edition in the Steam sale for just under £7. What a bargain! There is so much to do in the game. I am on Solstheim looking for resonance gems at the moment. I think I may do the vampires next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lydia just died a completely pointless death. Bugger it!

Doing Companion quests, great fun! Don't know who I want as my new follower, was quite attached to Lydia but she died so easy!

Also, Uthgerd died after the brawl (Lydia killed her) and I got the key to her house from her. If I were to store stuff there would it be safe?

I married Lydia so I leave her at home with the kids.

I find followers pointless except for mobile storage. They either die easily or get in the way. That's only after they've alerted everyone and everything to your presence by running ahead and hack-n-slashing and making so much noise.

But if you're intent on having a follower, Aela of the Companions isn't bad.
    Or if you don't want to get attached, the random sellswords in the taverns are good fodder.
    Only just recently finished the dlc what a great add on it was and finished all achievements, now I'm just exploring for tombs I've yet to find.

Had a fight with some Ebony Warrior who popped up as a quest and since I play on legendary I found him impossible to kill with my acrher he was killing me in 4 hits in my dragonbone light armour, it was pretty ridiculous after 45 minutes of hitting him in sneak I gave up and switched to novice haha :)

Even on normal that guy is nails.
    Came up against him on my Adept run (no smithing allowed and only using found gear) at lvl 25ish, steel armour and elven sword, dwarven bow w/ steel arrows. I lasted 2 hits.
    D_Mcd4 wrote: »
    I had never bothered with it before but I saw the Legendary edition in the Steam sale for just under £7. What a bargain! There is so much to do in the game. I am on Solstheim looking for resonance gems at the moment. I think I may do the vampires next.

2 1/2 years on and I'm still to complete the main story on any of my 4 characters.
    I say it about these games (ES and Fallout) all the time, that even at full price they are a bargain due to the amount of gameplay and replayability.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    with Last of Us Factions being down I think I'll start again where I leftoff on Skyrim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I put over 200 hours into Skyrim when it was first released in 2011, epic game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »

Played nothing but this from 11/11/11 (release day) until 06/03/12 (Mass Effect 3 release date). Since release I've put in nearly 600 hours now. 500ish on 360 and almost 100 on PS3. I just love this batch of Bethesda games. I really need to get them on PC too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Might sound nuts but I can't actually imagine ever needing another game to play!
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is without a doubt one of the best games I played. the only thing that effects the longevity of it for me is the dungeons, I think I just played them out to the point I find Skyrim hard to play now, if I see another draugr I'll go insane. but this is after 600 hours of playing over the last few years.

I didn't get that so much with Fallout 3 for some reason even though the subways were pretty much the same. I'm leaving Skyrim for a fair while before playing it again in the hope I can stick getting though the dungeons without losing the will to live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very nice!

Getting stuck into a session this evening, first stop.... Glenmoril Coven
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gevans81 wrote: »

I still remember the excitement I had for this game, then the poor PS3 version ruined that slightly. Still, the general is probably one of the most active threads I have ever seen in the gaming section here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Finished the Companions quests, really enjoyed them, just going back for the "looking for work" ones now and then now, moved back to the main quest line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Killed my first named Dragon today, woo!

Being doing more of the main quest, think I need to step away from it again though, seems to be getting wrapped up and I don't want it to end yet.

Thinking maybe Thieves Guild next.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm new to Skyrim, but I've had to buy to copies, the legendary edition and the regular because it's ally boys seem to play

I couldn't tell you what's going on but they seem to like it
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thieves Guild was my favourite :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loving the thieves guild! I feel like such a bad girl ha ha. Some right dodgy characters in Riften!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started playing this quite recently, finished the Dark Brotherhood missions
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Started playing this quite recently, finished the Dark Brotherhood missions

DB quests aren't as good in Skyrim as they were in Oblivion. A couple of them are okay.
    Was doing one of the last assassinations when the Cultists showed up to start a rumble with me, spoiling my approach plan.
    Loving the thieves guild! I feel like such a bad girl ha ha. Some right dodgy characters in Riften!

Never completed this Guild in any of my playthroughs. I always want to keep a certain item and other than an acheivement/trophy no real benefit to completing it up to GuildMaster.