Plants vs Zombies:Garden Warfare

Comments

• Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers He4rt. I'm tempted to get this but just got so much to finish on my PS+ account before titanfall. Not fair.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to double check before I go for Ryse (I think... I cant decide!), playing online etc will work fine once I've changed the console back to UK?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put the address of Bear Library in Delaware, where they pay no sales tax and wasn't charged tax :) I bought Zoo Tycoon :blush: I thought Ryse was cheaper than $60!
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Online works fine. Ryse was on sale but has since got back up to full price.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Online works fine. Ryse was on sale but has since got back up to full price.

I'm having some trouble accessing Zoo Tycoon's community page - it says that I need to check my internet connection. Hopefully it's just down at the moment and nothing to do with the US store, can't see it being a big issue either way though. I've been tempted by Zoo Tycoon for a while :blush::blush:

I might pick up Titanfall from the US store too. If it's the same price as Ryse, it'll be around £35, which isn't bad!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't access zoo tycoon community either but plants vs zombies works online.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't trust MS enough to buy games on the US store to find out later they block people from using it.

For anyone like me, another route could be perhaps buy cheap MS cards. cdkeys.com

£50 Gift Card is £39.89 with 5% off code, Saving £10.11

https://www.facebook.com/cdkeyscom?ref=ts&fref=ts

So if Titanfall is around £35 on the US store and £49.99 on the UK, you could get it for £40 more or less so only paying £5 more than the US but safe in the knowledge it will work.

Edit - Doh just noticed I have pre-ordered it from Zavvi for £39 :p Glad I didn't buy those points.
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm def getting this game at some point (PC). it looks a lot of fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoo Tycoon's community page now runs perfectly! Thanks He4rt! Think I'll do this for Titanfall also, and any other cheap releases :)
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »

they feeling ill or something:o

:D
    Forum Member
    Had a go of 'Gnome bomb' earlier.

Wow, that game mode is intense, and i mean intense!

Both teams had 1 object left to destroy at the end and it went to sudden death (no timer on gnome bomb/instant destruction.) What followed was pure carnage as the bomb went back an forth.We got within inches of their object half a dozen times and their team did the same. At the end of the game our entire team were 'wooping' and 'cheering' as when we finally managed to plant.

The only problem with the mode is that i got over 30 kills and the game lasted for a good while, yet i only earned 4k coins, which is not even half of what you can earn in a full game of Gardens and Graveyards.
    Forum Member
    Haha....i should have known.

Im almost sure that EA have dropped the amount of coins you earn in every game mode, by a considerable margin.

I think its obvious why this DLC was free, they've hidden the coin gimp amongst it and then i a few weeks...BAM...micro-transactions, which given the coin gimp will be a lot more appealing to those grinding out trying to get all the unlocks.

Typical EA if they have done this.
  • samtmansamtman Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The coins have defiantly gone down. I am earning about half the amount I was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So how is this game now, still a lot of people playing it on the X1 after Titanfall?

I see there has been more free DLC released (Wild West) which has peaked my interest.

Titanfall was fun, but I just feel that after I reached level 15 or there about's I've unlocked most of what I wanted. Will I have the same problem with this game?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is anyone on here playing this game still? :p
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    So is anyone on here playing this game still? :p

I've just bought it at the weekend, but haven't tried it yet. Will give it a spin tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just bought it at the weekend, but haven't tried it yet. Will give it a spin tonight

Cool.

I'm tempted myself as Titanfall isn't really for me it seems. Might try downloading it from the US store since it's over a tenner cheaper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cool.

I'm tempted myself as Titanfall isn't really for me it seems. Might try downloading it from the US store since it's over a tenner cheaper.

Well I paid £26 for it and I'm just hoping that people will keep playing it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've had a quick go now and it seems fun
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this game, can easily see myself putting more hours into it than Titanfall. There is just so much to unlock and customize it really puts Titanfall to shame.

Just lot's of fun!
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Just received this today [renting from Boomerang games], I like it - I enjoy Garden Ops. not sure what all the stickers are about though? Are they like burn cards from Titanfall?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Just received this today [renting from Boomerang games], I like it - I enjoy Garden Ops. not sure what all the stickers are about though? Are they like burn cards from Titanfall?

I *think* they're used to unlock new weapons, character pieces and plants for the pots in the game like turrets etc.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    I *think* they're used to unlock new weapons, character pieces and plants for the pots in the game like turrets etc.

Ah, makes sense, I wondered why I could only choose between 3 plants on Garden ops.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this game, can easily see myself putting more hours into it than Titanfall. There is just so much to unlock and customize it really puts Titanfall to shame.

Just lot's of fun!

At least Titanfall doesn't have microtransactions, though ;)