Options

what games on the 360 and ps3 will become collectable?

shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
Forum Member
✭✭✭
final fantasy 7 and suikoden are now collectable and worth alot of money shadow of the colossus on the ps2 is collectable. what games if any will be on the last gen or were too many copies sold for them to to become collectable ?

Comments

• Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think games like Left 4 Dead and Dead Rising 1 will be quite popular.

Games can be bought from CeX cheap though so I reckon it will be a while before any are collectable if they ever do.

There's less of a jump between this generation and the new one. Some people even bought digital last generation. I don't see the 360 or PS3 becoming a classic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any exclusive network games on XBLA and PSN, because once the servers are shutdown the games are gone, from that point on the only way to play them will be on a console that already has them on it, so essentially the worse a game sells the more collectible it will become
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping that Backbreaker or All Pro Football 2k8 become collectible. I think they are the worst selling games I have.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 360 game called secret service which I have never seen anywhere, never heard of it or anything. It is terrible. Also I have a copy of Blue Dragoin on the 360
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have Blue Dragon too. Awful game. My local game store has FF VII for 30 quid mint condition. So about what it cost originally.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    For 360 I would think all of the 2D shmups that made retail, in PAL regions it's not that many but:

DoDonPachi Resurrection
    Akai Katana
    Deathsmiles Deluxe Edition
    Under Defeat HD

The more obscure and harder to find games like:

Samurai Shodown Sen
    Bully: Scholarship Edition
    NFS Most Wanted (2005)
    A-Train HX
    Deadly Premonition
    Condemned
    Naruto: Rise of a Ninja
    Test Drive Unlimited
    Dead Rising
    Ninja Blade
    Burnout Revenge
    Race Pro
    Project Sylpheed
    FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
    Just Cause
    Ace Combat 6
    Dead or Alive 4
    Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers
    Beautiful Katamari
    DarkStar One: Broken Alliance
    Import Tuner Challenge (Shutokou Battle X)
    Ninety-Nine Nights & N3 II
    Banjo Kazooie N&B
    Ninja Gaiden II
    EDF 2017/2025
    Far Cry Instincts Predator
    Nier

etc.

The RPG's

Tales of Vesperia
    Lost Odyssey
    Blue Dragon
    Magna Carta II
    Infinite Undiscovery
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope
    The Last Remnant
    Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
    Divinity II: Eco Draconis/DKS
    The Witcher 2

This sort of stuff bascialy I can see commanding higher prices for collectors as time goes by, also any digital XBLA titles that were pressed to disk will become highly desirable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deathsmiles is about 2 quid now. And rubbish as are many on that list. I agree rarer games might eventually get higher prices but I doubt there are enough hardcore collectors to purchase really bad games for the sake of it.
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a PS3 or 360 game, but it is last gen (on the Wii), Xenoblade Chronicles will probably be collectible a decade from now.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Any exclusive network games on XBLA and PSN, because once the servers are shutdown the games are gone, from that point on the only way to play them will be on a console that already has them on it, so essentially the worse a game sells the more collectible it will become

I was about to say, proper collectors items are rarely popular games. The only reason Final Fantasy sells is because some people are stupid and have to have versions that have no baring on the gameplay (such as first edition PSx ones versus the re-releases/remakes/ports/cashins/scams/pointless revisits etc etc).

Also, games from that generation sold in their millions, no one will be hard pressed to get a copy of one years down the line. Dead Rising is a perfect example of a game that will never be valued much, as it was included in packages, it was well liked and lots of people bought it. Most 2nd hand shops will have more than plenty of copies of it. Same with a Call of Duty game, sold in the millions, plenty of copies.

What you need to look for is games that can no longer be made. Something like B1 on PSx, was a great little game, didnt sell well, and the IP is locked up in some legal issues which means it will more than likely never be re-released. Although you could just go grab a rom of it if you just wanted to play it, and collectors will more than likely already have copies of it.

Sadly since about the 16bit era, games are pretty mainstream and well stocked.

(of course if you can get it signed, thats different. Or special one of a kinds (like halo did), those could be worth a pretty penny but you will never retire on them. Too numerous and cheap to be a real tradable item.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The biggest surprise for me was trying to re buy shadow hearts 2 on the ps2 some years ago, prob just after the ps3 came out. (My original got scratched) It was nearly 60 quid. There was another ps2 game I sold on ebay that amazingly went for 60 quid, Ring of Rose or Rose of Red, can't even remember now!
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    FFVII worth money? Is it??
  • Options
    shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think the game of the year versions of games will become collectable
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »

Used to be I think until it got released on PSN.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »

About $30 dollars although as high as $80. Brief googling.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of "Shadow of the Colossus" on ebay for 99p right now, grab a bargain...
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    The biggest surprise for me was trying to re buy shadow hearts 2 on the ps2 some years ago, prob just after the ps3 came out. (My original got scratched) It was nearly 60 quid. There was another ps2 game I sold on ebay that amazingly went for 60 quid, Ring of Rose or Rose of Red, can't even remember now!

I bought KH2 from asda for about £7, had a pretty metaliccy box. I sold it about 2 months later on ebay for about thirty quid and also Infinite undiscovery for about £40 whch my husband had picked up for me for a tenner somewhere.

Is one you're thinking of called "Rule of Rose"? Ive looked for that before after it was mentioned on these very pages as a good spooky game - but refused to pay £50 odd, so never played it yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was it! I got a review copy as it was never officially released in the uk. I didn't get very far in it as I got bored of it. A bit like a game version of Charlotte Sometimes.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    Not a PS3 or 360 game, but it is last gen (on the Wii), Xenoblade Chronicles will probably be collectible a decade from now.

Hope so, only paid a tenner for a new copy. The Last Story is near impossible to find under £30 as well.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Games that are good but sold bad are usually the ones worth money. In this day and age that doesn't happen much. Also ti make something rare and desirable you need to hope there is a fault noone spots and then the company recalls it of fixes it. I have a sealed back to the future Lego set with the spelling mistake im kewping
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Games that are good but sold bad are usually the ones worth money. In this day and age that doesn't happen much. Also ti make something rare and desirable you need to hope there is a fault noone spots and then the company recalls it of fixes it. I have a sealed back to the future Lego set with the spelling mistake im kewping

:D This made me laugh far more than it should of