Law and Order Criminal Intent gone for good.

Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
Forum Member
✭✭
I know it was always likely as Season 10 was billed as the last season from the outset, but there were always whispers that it might get another season.

Shame really.

Comments

• Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will really miss it.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given what they are doing to the last surviving series in the US from September (Law and Order: SVU) Law and Order: UK might be the only one left.

Bradley Walsh carrying the entire franchise - who would have imagined that!
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 13 could be make or break though. The changes could kill it off completely or it could breathe new life into the show and potentially extend it's shelf life to another few seasons.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    With all the flashbacks in the finale, it looked like Criminal Intent stole 20 years of Vincent D'Onofrio's life.
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh sad.. Vincent D'Onofrio is one of my fab... love his character too.. reminds me sometimes of Columbo!!..That was my favourite Law and order.. let's hope for some repeat!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I missed it when it was originally on - I didn't like Law and Order so I didn't think I would enjoy the spin-offs. However when universal started showing them from the beginning again I gave it a go and think it is brilliant. I am only on the second season but really enjoying it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I was searching to see when Season 10 of Criminal Intent was going to be on and wondered after reading this thread if I have missed it? I know it is the last season and has been shown in the US but didn't think it had been on here yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So is the new series on 5 now the last one?
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is the new series on 5 now the last one?

Two more series after this one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leithlad wrote: »
    Two more series after this one.

thank you.. that's good.. I really like vincent d'onofrio..
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NBC have today signed to a new series - Blue Tilt - with Vince D'Onoforio and Ethan Hawke in the detective leads (one married/one divorced balancing homicide work with family life). The two actors and also helping to develop the show as exec producers.

Title is connected with brutal crimes leading to detectives becoming psychiatric cases I believe.

Pilot expected in a couple of months. Chris Brancato is behind the project.

Bound to be a hot property for UK channels.
  • leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you.. that's good.. I really like vincent d'onofrio..

Unfortunatley Vincent doen't appear after the first 2 eps next season but is back for the final 8 ep season 10,though im sure you will come to like Jeff Goldblum it just aint the same when Goren and Eames dont appear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leithlad wrote: »
    Unfortunatley Vincent doen't appear after the first 2 eps next season but is back for the final 8 ep season 10,though im sure you will come to like Jeff Goldblum it just aint the same when Goren and Eames dont appear.

Although it's not Goren:(.... you're quite right.. I think I will come to like Jeff Goldblum... he has similar bizarre ways of finding the culpits....but I am never 'interested' as much when it's not a Goren and Eames episode...I haven't warmed to that ginger short hair lady (sorry forgot her name).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anybody watch last night? it was the Killing meets True Blood (as far as actors are concerned).. The actress looks so much better than Detective Sarah Linden..
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know what's going on with Channel 5? They were showing season 8 on Wednesday evenings at 9 pm but it's not on tonight or next week and on their site it says

Sorry, Law & Order: Criminal Intent isn't currently scheduled to be on any of our channels.

Sorry, Law & Order: Criminal Intent isn't currently available to watch on Demand 5.

:(

Theres's an episode of something called "Soho Blues" tonight at 9 which seems to have been slotted in at random since the last episode was shown 12th Sep (according to 5's site) and next week episode 1 of "Paul Merton's Adventures".
    ???
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Does anybody know what's going on with Channel 5? They were showing season 8 on Wednesday evenings at 9 pm but it's not on tonight or next week and on their site it says

Sorry, Law & Order: Criminal Intent isn't currently scheduled to be on any of our channels.

Sorry, Law & Order: Criminal Intent isn't currently available to watch on Demand 5.

:(

Check http://about.channel5.com/faqs/programmes-k-to-o and follow the link for Law & Order. Seems the ratings for both CI & SVU weren't good enough so they've been put on hold. There was an announcement at the end of the last episode of CI saying it would be back sometime in the new year.
  • catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Durham Viper. I was hoping that Law & Order LA would turn up on 5 soon but maybe not. :(
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    The actress looks so much better than Detective Sarah Linden..

Well, of course. The Sarah Linden character doesn't wear any make-up (apart from a bit of lipstick), does nothing with her hair except tie it back, and wears nothing but loose-fitting, "practical" clothing. Few actresses will look good like that. And one of the attributes of the Sarah Linden character is that she doesn't care how she looks.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catsitter wrote: »
    Thanks, Durham Viper. I was hoping that Law & Order LA would turn up on 5 soon but maybe not. :(

That's only just finished on Universal so wouldn't be on 5 for ages until Universal have repeated it endlessly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Well, of course. The Sarah Linden character doesn't wear any make-up (apart from a bit of lipstick), does nothing with her hair except tie it back, and wears nothing but loose-fitting, "practical" clothing. Few actresses will look good like that. And one of the attributes of the Sarah Linden character is that she doesn't care how she looks.

yes i agree... meant to say it just shows how a bit of make up and a smile can change a face!
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any more news on when the tenth and final season of Criminal Intent will air (presumably on Universal first)?

Edit: Answered my own question! Found a trailer on the Universal website saying season ten premieres on Sunday Jan 15th!
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bumpety bump.

The wonderful Goren in the last ever season of Criminal Intent airs this Sunday on Universal.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the last ever episode tonight.
    Really liked how it ended, how he found a psychiatrist he could work with, how he beamed at Eames at the end.
    I will miss you. :(
  • Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Just watched the last ever episode tonight.
    Really liked how it ended, how he found a psychiatrist he could work with, how he beamed at Eames at the end.
    I will miss you. :(

I agree and it is a shame. After the downward trend of series 8 and 9 I thought series 10 was back to it's best.

Not that 8 & 9 are all bad but the chemistry between Bobby and Alex is sadly missed and obvious when they return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    Did Five skip an episode from the eighth season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent recently? Had thought there were two Goren & Eames cases in a row, until I checked the EpGuides episode list for the show. The one Wednesday, Five showed the episode "Folie a Deux", then the next week "Family Values" was shown, instead of "The Glory That Was...".