Options

How often do you go to the cinema?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I try to go as often as there is a decent looking film out really. It's almost always at least once a month, and sometimes as often as three times a week.
  • Options
    JackassfanJackassfan Posts: 3,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last time i went to the cinema was in 2007 to see Hot Fuzz
  • Options
    geosgeos Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try to go once or twice every week sometimes more, depends whats out really, although I hardly ever went at all until I got my Cineworld card last year, worth its money!
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    once every 2 months or something

im a bit of a film buff but 2 of my closest friends have moved cities due to jobs so i usually wait for them to come back for a weekend and end up ultimatly waiting for films to come out on blu ray via lovefilm
  • Options
    Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 or 3 times a year here in the UK, which is really sad, as I used to go once or twice a week without fail, and that was way before any of these weekly/monthly passes came in!

It's just dreadful now - people talking all the way through films, constantly texting (or even making phone calls!), generally poorly behaved, it's just an expensive unpleasant experience (though IMAX and festival shows tend to be better, to be fair.)

I go to Paris quite often and catch up on my cinema-going there where audiences are far better - I usually go and see something virtually every night!
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    I've not been to the cinema for ages.
    I've even got a £40 Vue card, but just cannot find myself interested enough in the films lately to go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    My last movie was Inception!
    A great movie to be watched in a cinema...
  • Options
    glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,324
    Forum Member
    Not often last time it was toy story before that it was alice in wonderland :$ none of my mates go and im single so i only ever go if im taking my cousins who are 4, 5, 6 and 7. So its usually to kids movies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Hubby and I go 1-2 times a week as we have Cineworld passes. He refuses to go to the cinema in our own town as it's full of chavs so we drive the extra and use the multiplex @ Enfield. Been going there for about eight years and only had issues about 2-3 times so no complaints here :) I LOVE going to the flix, really look forward to it, lol.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just added up my list for this year. So far I have seen 97 films at the cinema. Last year I watched 98.

So when I go and watch Love and other drugs later, and Meet the parents Little Fockers tomorrow. Then I shall have seen 99 films this year.

Next year I shall aim for 100.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not that often, my last few visits to the cinema have been few and far between. As far back as I can remember...

Inception, Space Chimps 2 3D, Slumdog Millionaire and The Dark Knight are the last films I've seen there.

I took my little nephew to see the Space Chimps :D
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    geos wrote: »
    Try to go once or twice every week sometimes more, depends whats out really, although I hardly ever went at all until I got my Cineworld card last year, worth its money!

Got my card 3 years ago..must be saving £200 a year, never see less then 4 a month, but saying that, I've only seen 3 this month...the weather I blame.:mad:
    :cool:

"I like these calm little moments before the storm."
  • Options
    Hitchhiker553Hitchhiker553 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This year I went 4 times. Last year 5 times.

Next year looks great.

There's about 10 films I want to see and since I started going to the cinema regularly in 2001, it's the most busy cinema schedule I've had.

Just hope to god there aren't any duds in there like Skyline this year. :(
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every week! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only go to see big blockbusters. Cinema getting expensive these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell. The price of tickets is stupid these days.
  • Options
    gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been seven times, so far this year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as often as I would like. The 40 mile round trip to the nearest decent cinema just puts me off most of the time. There are plans to build one in my town in the next few years though, so hopefully that will come to fruition eventually.