Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently the toothpaste she uses is especially for people with whiffy breath, so along with the reeking electric blanketed bed full of dishes of prawns for the cats her breath stinks too....:p :p

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/retardex_v_344.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=retardex%20toothpaste&utm_campaign=Core+Embarrassing+%7C+Brand&utm_content=sLmkBCwyl_pcrid_13897677772_kword_retardex%20toothpaste_match_e_plid_

Lovely! :eek:
    Do you have to enter her home with a gas mask? I have never heard her mention laundry or house cleaning either btw.

I feel super special now as I have a more exclusive toothpaste! :p
    ( I get Duraphat on 'script as my teeth are crumbling :o )
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »
    Lovely! :eek:
    Do you have to enter her home with a gas mask? I have never heard her mention laundry or house cleaning either btw.

I feel super special now as I have a more exclusive toothpaste! :p
    ( I get Duraphat on 'script as my teeth are crumbling :o )

Afternoon sunstone! :)

Her animals 'stress wee' (yeah right Liz, you've never house trained any of them have you?) all over the furniture her old house must have stunk.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read Jones's article and she is the epitome of a word I want to write on here but if I did, I'd get banned! (you all know which word I'm talking about)
    Even the DM readers are slating her. She is repulsive.

Would said word rhyme with "Berkshire Hunt" ? :D

(This, btw, is the origin of the word "berk" - very rude Cockney rhyming slang)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon sunstone! :)

Her animals 'stress wee' (yeah right Liz, you've never house trained any of them have you?) all over the furniture her old house must have stunk.

Eww,yes.
    I bet even a charity shop would refuse to take those shocking pink ( shockingly pongy ) chesterfields.
  • astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    How many more times is she going to retell the "anecdote" about the till assistant drawing her attention to a 2-for-one offer? She trots this tale out over and over again, changing the details every time, seemingly expecting us to share her indignation because some helpful shop assistant was kind enough to try and save her money. Even if this were the most fascinating story in the world, telling it over and over again would be ridiculous. But it isn't remotely interesting or printworthy. It's tedious and irritating, and shows LJ in a very bad light.

She really does seem to forget what she's written, doesn't she? But surely her editors must recognise the same old stuff being rehashed yet again? Doesn't anyone from the DM ever do a double-take and say "Umm, Liz, I think we've heard this story before?"...Writers could just about get away with this before the internet....but now that everything is Googlable and checkable, how does she expect it to go unnoticed?

Fair enough - but why keep reading it and wasting your own time posting comments.!

If her column isn't remotely interesting or printworthy, is tedious and irritating, is a continous rehash of old guff requiring Google checks to catch her out ,why bother with it?

Maybe try reading something else that doesn't irritate you quite so much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    astor wrote: »
    Fair enough - but why keep reading it and wasting your own time posting comments.!

If her column isn't remotely interesting or printworthy, is tedious and irritating, is a continous rehash of old guff requiring Google checks to catch her out ,why bother with it?

Maybe try reading something else that doesn't irritate you quite so much.

Oh dear.
    The old 'why read it if you don't like it' argument (again). :D

She's like a bad car crash - you want to look away, but you can't.

That and we read and comment because we can. ;)
  • astorastor Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear.
    The old 'why read it if you don't like it' argument (again). :D

She's like a bad car crash - you want to look away, but you can't.

That and 'because we can'. ;)

And the issue with "if you don't like it don't read it" is what exactly ?

"She's like a bad car crash" - actually, nope, she's not . She's a very smart journalist who is paid tons of money for winding people up like you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"She's like a bad car crash" - actually, nope, she's not . She's a very smart journalist who is paid tons of money for winding people up like you.

'If you don't like it, don't read it' - just the standard argument used by Liz lovers. I DO like to read her stuff because it makes me thankful that I'm not Liz, who's bitter, lonely, friendless, (and constantly wonders why) and that I have a great family and friends.

She's unable to see she drives friends and family away with constant writing about their bad habits ('my sister's an alcoholic') her own bad habits at friends dinner parties (spitting out food on her plate because it's got bacon in it and swilling her mouth out with water then spitting it back in the glass :p:p:p) and nasty remarks that she's glad her mother has dementia because 'she can't tell people my real age'. She's such a little charmer.

And have you noticed?

All her money, designer goods and clothes and lavish lifestyle haven't made her happy. Just broke and alone.

I'd rather be me than her, any day.
  • tabitha2tabitha2 Posts: 290
    Forum Member
    I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again (why not, I don't get paid zillions for repeating myself)...I bet you'd never catch Liz and Astor in the same room ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tabitha2 wrote: »
    I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again (why not, I don't get paid zillions for repeating myself)...I bet you'd never catch Liz and Astor in the same room ;)

Quoted for truth. ;):)
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daisydoes wrote: »
    I saw this last week and to say my jaw hit the floor would be an understatement. My daughter's only 3 and a half but I can tell you right now there is no way in hell she'd be leaving my house dressed that like. How the stupid mother thought that outfit was in any appropriate defies belief. Had no sympathy for mum but plenty for daughter who isn't be given moral guidance in self respect!!

Thank heavens there are still mothers like you! I, too, have daughters (two, aged 14 and 18 - the article about the 14 year old caught my eye) and it's all about how you bring them up and stick to what you believe in that matters. This is not the time to go into it further, but children will challenge you, that is their nature - and girls very often challenge through the clothes they wear, and use such emotional blackmail techniques such as "but I'm the ONLY one who isn't allowed to wear/do x, y and z" when you know it's nothing of the sort! But, sadly, too many parents give in with that awful refrain "what can I do?" Um, say no? Put your foot down? Show them that, whilst they live in your house, your rules apply? I know I'm lucky - I work in behaviour management in my 'day job', so I have the confidence to both implement and follow through on these things. Whilst they have pushed me at times, it's been very rare. They respect me and I respect them, but they know that - ultimately - I am in charge and they know better than to think they could get away with things I don't think are appropriate (for example, I'd have banned my daughters from their own parties without a second thought if they'd tried that one on with me, and they know it! Consequently neither have even bothered trying - and you know what? They wouldn't even want to try because they know there's no point, and they know I love them even when I say 'no' to them for their own good.)
    In which I was Brought Up in Poverty With Imaginary Ponies ,While Lesbian Witches With No Fashion Sense Had It All.

Clare Balding has more dignity in her little finger than LJ has ever had, and will ever had!
    Just dipped back into the Liz Jones playground forum.

Ouch - she is never going to be best friends with Clare Balding, lovely as she is . As a horse lover she finds horse racing disgusting.So do I .

Liz rescues old racehorses - fair play Liz - it's a sad old world where these lovely horses are shot and destroyed at about 5 years old

Please don't tar all race horse owners with the same brush - as with anything, it isn't always as extreme as some might make it appear. My grandfather had race horses all his life, just one at a time in training, so more of a hobby really, but he was still very successful in the 70s and 80s and jockeys like Pat Eddery and Steve Cauthen rode for him regularly. The only jockey who mistreated one of my grandfather's horses, and threw a race deliberately (having phoned my grandfather personally out of the blue to ask him if he could ride the horse) was a certain jockey who had issues with the tax man. Horrible man, totally bent in the racing world, a world away from the kind of person my grandfather was, and it broke him to have been associated, even without meaning to have been, with this person.

My grandfather did have horses, originally destined for training, who subsequently didn't make the grade, but he never destroyed them or got rid of them - they lived out their lives happily on his small holding and I earned my pocket money mucking them out and feeding them.

Yes, horse racing can be brutal and sometimes cruel, but then so can so many other things - and it doesn't mean everyone involved plays by the same rules. My grandfather certainly didn't do anything disgusting deserve anyone's vitriol, thank you very much. In fact, he gave his race horses (ex and otherwise) a far better life than LJ has given hers If we are to believe her version of things - he paid his vet bills on time, for a start, and knew how to look after them properly!
    I can't remember the specifics of that one but I do recall reading about it.Animal lover my backside.:mad:
    IMO she fantasised about animals as a kid,made a load of money so bought the farm to live the dream.She forgot she had no clue how to actually look after anything.( I doubt she could keep a pot plant alive,never mind horses and sheep).
    What an idiotic narcissistic fool.:mad:
    I know what you mean,but the sad thing is LJ does not give them a good home.
    It would surely be better if she spent all that money on sponsoring them in a reputable shelter than having them herself where they are constantly sick/suffering?

Exactly my point! LJ has caused distress to her animals, including the horses, and doesn't seem aware of what their real needs are. And if you can't afford the vets bills don't rescue any animals to start with - that is just as abusive as the life she is boasting about rescuing them from! I've adopted three cats, and my children would love more, but we can't afford to insure or pay the vets fees for any more cats. I could go down to the animal shelter this afternoon, find a cat, and have it home by tea time (if you've adopted before they let you take them straight away - not sure I agree with that) but they won't ask me if I can afford to look after it or pay the bills - that bit is down to my own common sense/sense of what's right and practical.

Sadly LJ seems to act first and think (sometimes...) afterwards. "Oh, I've done such a good thing rescuing this animal, haven't I - please everyone give me praise and adulation for that... I clearly deserve nothing less... I can't afford to pay for the vet or for the right food or care, and I can't be bothered to house train my domestic animals, but please don't focus on those things because then I'll feel 'got at', and you'll upset me... just say 'what a lovely person you are, LJ' to me because that's what I think about myself and I need people to validate it to have any sense of self-worth..."

She needs to wake up and smell the (Illy) coffee!
    Nope, didn't intend to say any of that but thanks for the request for clarification.
    You're obviously far more interested in the ins and outs of Ms Jones life than I am so I'm sure you will be much more clued up on the details of how she runs her life and deals with her numerous pets.

No one needs to be 'interested', LJ plasters it everywhere and so often you can't avoid her musings, even if have no intention of reading them! If you avoid the 'Dreary' she only pops up somewhere else in the paper or magazine spouting her divel about someone, or something, else. The only person here who seems 'interested' in her to any serious extent is you yourself - otherwise why defend the indefensible?

I'm just a normal person, I don't go out of my way to read about her, but she makes herself an easy target (and clearly craves attention of any variety) so surely we're doing her a favour by noticing her ramblings? Isn't that what you and her apologists actually want?! For her to be 'noticed'?! Except she makes herself look so silly she's noticed for all the wrong reasons!
    cathrin wrote: »
    How many more times is she going to retell the "anecdote" about the till assistant drawing her attention to a 2-for-one offer? She trots this tale out over and over again, changing the details every time, seemingly expecting us to share her indignation because some helpful shop assistant was kind enough to try and save her money. Even if this were the most fascinating story in the world, telling it over and over again would be ridiculous. But it isn't remotely interesting or printworthy. It's tedious and irritating, and shows LJ in a very bad light.

She really does seem to forget what she's written, doesn't she? But surely her editors must recognise the same old stuff being rehashed yet again? Doesn't anyone from the DM ever do a double-take and say "Umm, Liz, I think we've heard this story before?"...Writers could just about get away with this before the internet....but now that everything is Googlable and checkable, how does she expect it to go unnoticed?

Everything she says and does shows her in a bad light!

None of us are 'wound up' by her - you are rather missing the point of what people are saying here! We see her for what she is - a delusional, self-pitying, bitter, lonely and ignorant (and I mean that in the true sense of the word) human being who can't seem to see the obvious right in front of her face. I mean, have you read the self-pitying "why does no one like me? I really can't work it out" rants? My children could tell her the answer - in fact, they'd ask her how much time she's got because the list is very long! She's so transparent you could use her as a window!

The only people who seem to be unaware of the obvious are LJ herself and the people who seem to think they're doing her a favour by defending her. But people who do that are really NOT doing her any favours - they are enabling her and condoning behaviour that is really not appropriate for a woman of her age, when really they should be giving her a shake and saying "for God's sake, take a good look at yourself - can't you see what an idiot you look in the eyes of everyone else?". If people really do care about how someone they know is making themselves look idiotic then they have to give them 'tough love'!

But no, we're not 'wound up' by her - we are just thankful we know no one like her in our lives!
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Her animals 'stress wee' (yeah right Liz, you've never house trained any of them have you?) ...

I'd imagine that their stress levels are pretty high..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just dropping by to say you explained all that really well Jersey.
    Cracking post and I am sure there are many responsible horse owners/trainers who love their animals.:)
    Nobody cares enough to be wound up ,you're right we just shake our heads in disbelief or disdain.;)

To Becky,love lolcats when I need a smile at a puddytat.:D

Are the DM auditioning for a replacement? More and more of these bitter/weird women crop up all the time.This latest bemoaning dumping an ex yonks ago to become a journo with her lovely London home etc ( sound familiar?). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2263518/I-left-love-life-I-thought-I-better-Now-Im-childless-42.html
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Sunstone. I read the Karen Cross article and was once again flabbergasted that the DM has managed to find another bonkers, bitter snob. I wonder what goes through their minds at the photo-shoot to accompany their crumby articles?
    How about 'How miserable can I look but still appear alluring?' (Beautiful Brick advice for posers/losers.)
    Or, 'I've been hung out to dry by wretched people I thought would always love me and come running back no matter what has happened in the past. How could anyone not love me after all I've done for them?' (From the LJ bible of giving gifts from the heart.)
    Or, '££££££££s. I've just concocted a barrel of sh1te that only took fifteen minutes to trot out. Result! Now try and look arsed off.'
    I bet Matthew's fuming - if he exists.
  • Becky SharpeBecky Sharpe Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the DM auditioning for a replacement? More and more of these bitter/weird women crop up all the time.This latest bemoaning dumping an ex yonks ago to become a journo with her lovely London home etc ( sound familiar?). http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2263518/I-left-love-life-I-thought-I-better-Now-Im-childless-42.html

Harry Enfield’s Mr Chomondley-Warner might say:

"Although dangerous, it is perfectly natural for a well brought up middle-class gel to feel curious about life outside the home. A conscientious father will wish to warn his daughter that the world of full-time employment is serious stuff - there will be no fluffy kittens to play with, nor many opportunities to display her superior housewifely skills!

Particularly determined young ladies may be dissuaded by tales of the caddish behaviour they will encounter from male colleagues, understandably upset by ‘liberated’ females taking their jobs!

There is one final, foolproof tactic:
    Lifelong exposure to reading the Daily Mail will have ensured that the impressionable young ladies of Britain are already terrified of looking too fat/too thin/too old etc etc. They are truly living in fear of being left firmly on the shelf.
    Therefore, your gels will currently be giving very careful consideration to proposals of marriage from sensible young chaps with good pension prospects and all of their own teeth.

To ease the path of true love - and to guarantee further generations of Daily Mail readers - the newspaper has produced a public information film. It features a number of the Mail’s unhappy/borderline insane [and generally haggard] female employees who dared to laugh in the face of a woman's traditional role , forsaking marriage and children to pursue so-called ' journalistic careers'. It’s title? Women Know Your Place. If that doesn't work nothing will." ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent post Becky! :p Highly amusing and I didn't even need to fork out for a paper to read it. Some people don't realise how lucky they are; endlessly whining about trivia and getting paid heaps of coin to do so, yet others with far more talent get nothing. It's a cruel old world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)I love the posts on here!
    Well done CC and Becky.(hugs).

ETA. i missed her previous article,she REALLY is a mini Liz:mad:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2255828/I-spent-5-000-look-10-years-younger-One-womans-quest-turn-clock-decade-stress-hectic-living.html
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My first thought was the same one I always have about Liz's ramblings: Has she changed the names of these other, real people, whose personal lives she merrily trots out in print? (Even if she has, everyone concerned will be easily identifiable to many people.) Either way, this article is in fact yet another time that she's caused ructions in these people's lives by her own inability to let go of the past. I wonder how this poor chap feels, reading about her embarrassment re his lack of sophistication, his blue-collar jobs, the fact that she felt she could do better, her dread of the time when he has children, etc?

I always feel so sorry for the real people who become fodder for these self-indulgent articles. Most of us cringe when we think about past relationships, especially difficult ones; we just want to leave them in the past where they belong. How awful to open a paper and see an ex banging on about you in such an insensitive way!
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Very behind with the posts here, I'll catch up tomorrow. Here is this weeks Dreary in all its monotonous glory

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2262898/Liz-Jones-In-exhaustion-sets-in.html

Sycophants only on the DM now. Anyway, she has a teeny weeny bit of a sniffle which would probably be cured if she

ATE

SOME

FOOD.

End of column ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just read the latest Dreary and it's a bigger pile of junk than usual. LJ has really surpassed herself with this one as it's all over the place with mixed tenses and some garbled tripe about going to her car. I wonder what supplies she got in for Nic for Christmas? Really festive stuff like ground black pepper, spinach and a pot of basil maybe? And fancy, stamping her feet about not being invited to a funeral. They're not parties, woman!
    Nobody loves me - nobody cares if I live or die. All together now (sings) 'All by myself . . .'
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "No body loves me, I'm going to eat worms"

As I told my little nephew when he was throwing a tantrum about not getting enough attention
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More moans. This reminds me of the Dulverton episode when a firm wouldn't deliver to her. She's certainly going out of her way to get herself disliked in her new Yorkshire home. No change there. Arrogant cow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2265279/LIZ-JONES-Sorry-Ive-got-hate-luv--job-sheet.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More moans. This reminds me of the Dulverton episode when a firm wouldn't deliver to her. She's certainly going out of her way to get herself disliked in her new Yorkshire home. No change there. Arrogant cow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2265279/LIZ-JONES-Sorry-Ive-got-hate-luv--job-sheet.html

How does she get away with this? All the references to white men would never have been allowed if their skin colour had been different. One of the posters commenting on this bilge said that people like her couldn't possibly exist. I'm afraid they do, as I worked with one for four hellish years. She often asked why nobody liked her.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whilst your belligerent tone is hardly likely to endear you to many; I have to admit that there is an element of truth in the BIB. She is, like Samantha Brick, a professional troll, whose 'journalistic' endeavours are merely hugely exaggerated pieces designed to incite controversy and to increase hits on the DM web page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tra la la,Lizzie demands workiing men to doff their caps at her yet again:rolleyes:
    It was a policeman at the scene of an accident last time was it not?:mad:
    Give it 6 months and she'll be back in London full time.