Options

Josie Gibson's deaf brother left battered and bloodied by thugs

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/big-brother-winner-josie-gibsons-3063637#.UuU4P4XLeM8
Sick thugs beat up the deaf brother of reality star Josie Gibson during a night out - because he wasn't able to give them directions.

The Big Brother winner was out celebrating her 29th birthday in Bristol with friends and family last night when the attack took place.

It is understood Harry, who is deaf, was approached by at least two men who asked him for directions.

When he started to sign a reply, rather than speaking aloud, the callous thugs turned on him and beat him up.

Horrible thing to happen to anyone, let alone if it was indeed because he is deaf.

Comments

• Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible thing to happen. But no doubt Josie will milk it for all it's worth.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange choice of photo to share on social media. I'm guessing that's Josie on the right?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll always get some morons out there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange choice of photo to share on social media. I'm guessing that's Josie on the right?

Yes, that's her. She looks completely different to how she looked before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Poor guy! There's some horrible people about :\
  • Options
    jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amazed she is posting that photo of herself - looks like she was involved in it and lost half her clothing. :o
  • Options
    GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    It really horrible to happens and poor guy.

I am Deaf myself and sadly it common happens to Deaf people and now it well known cos he got famous sister.

Really hope he well and better but please don't let his sister milk it about herself.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    First thing i thought was wow that is awful. Soon followed by wtf is she half dressed for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    First thing i thought was wow that is awful. Soon followed by wtf is she half dressed for.

They were out celebrating her birthday according to the article so it stands to reason she'd be dressed accordingly
  • Options
    ScottishPancakeScottishPancake Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were out celebrating her birthday according to the article so it stands to reason she'd be dressed accordingly
    I know it's bad for such a thing to happen to someone anytime, but during a birthday celebration? That's just lower than the lowest of low! :cry:
  • Options
    FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor guy.

This isn't the first time I've heard happening to a deaf person. There was another deaf guy who got mugged and stabbed on a railway bridge in Dublin years ago. Luckily, he survived.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    That's awful :( I hope the people who did it get the book thrown at him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone should do to them what they did to the poor guy
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why take a photo of the poor guy? what does that achieve?
  • Options
    ScottishPancakeScottishPancake Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes the article more 'eye-catching', thus more revenue generated! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makes the article more 'eye-catching', thus more revenue generated! :rolleyes:

To be honest, I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to post something so cynical, but hey ho, it's Showbiz after all.

The picture was clearly taken by someone else in the first instance, and in the second instance, they obviously lifted it from her Twitter feed. Anyway, taking pictures of people after assaults happens all the time - it's not like it's something the Gibson family have suddenly invented is it ?

Publishing pictures like this is often used as a way of encouraging people to come forward if they've seen anything relating to the incident - nothing to do with "revenue".
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest, I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to post something so cynical, but hey ho, it's Showbiz after all.

The picture was clearly taken by someone else in the first instance, and in the second instance, they obviously lifted it from her Twitter feed. Anyway, taking pictures of people after assaults happens all the time - it's not like it's something the Gibson family have suddenly invented is it ?

Publishing pictures like this is often used as a way of encouraging people to come forward if they've seen anything relating to the incident - nothing to do with "revenue".
    It isn't showbiz though .
    He is the brother of a woman who won bb and has yo-yo weight issues .She has no other talent and he is not in showbiz that I'm aware.
    Yes, it is horrific and I hope they catch the scum who did it to the poor guy but this is not a showbiz topic in my opinion . To be fair neither is she any more, but again,just my opinion.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    <Heads to the JJJ appreciation thread for their take on this matter>
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    It isn't showbiz though .
    He is the brother of a woman who won bb and has yo-yo weight issues .She has no other talent and he is not in showbiz that I'm aware.
    Yes, it is horrific and I hope they catch the scum who did it to the poor guy but this is not a showbiz topic in my opinion . To be fair neither is she any more, but again,just my opinion.

I meant Showbiz forum, not Showbusiness in the general sense of the word.
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is everything I hate about modern technology and social media as a combination - the way it actively encourages the most shameless attention seekers to share the most inappropriate things. Even calling it sharing riles me, because of how invasive it often is when people post things of ill children/relatives etc.

However, what a shocking and disgusting incident. I do feel like there are more and more psychos out there who relish in hurting people and will do so at the first chance they get, and they don't even need a reason to lash out, they just do because they are lunatics. I truly hope the brother makes a recovery from this and will have the best support and protection around him.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no issue with her posting the photo. No doubt there would have been some people who thought she was making it up for attention if she'd only tweeted about it with no evidence. I also have no issue with her telling her followers that it had happened. You've got to be some sick individual to beat up a deaf person simply because they couldn't give you directions. I wish her brother and her family well, and hopefully they get the people who did it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To show what the thugs did to him. What's different about this and the fact that the news on TV sometimes shows images of people who've been beaten up by someone?
  • Options
    DemonicrodentDemonicrodent Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of Josie , I wouldn't be surprised if this was staged to get her back in the papers.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting, hang the ***** :mad:

Poor guy.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, it just 'happens' to include Josie with her tits on display...

They probably beat him up cause he was her brother, not cause he was deaf.