Options

"3" sim in Motorola V8

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
would it work ?

i know the "3" sim does work in some 2g phones, but not all .. i think ..

Comments

• Options
    Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the V8 3G? If so, you should be fine.

If not; 3 don't approve and they can kill the SIM.

Some people claim to get away with it for x months, but there's no guarantee.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it isn't 3G, that's the problem.

if it will work in the short term then i'll definately do it - if they kill the sim then i'll just get on to them and try and sort it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing to sort - it's a direct contradiction of 3's Terms & Conditions. Don't bother.

There's much better prices from other networks that would have no objection to you using that handset.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    herein lies the problem - my V3X that i had on 3, I no longer have and I can't really afford to buy another one at the moment.

It's very likely I'm locked into 3 for another year no matter what I do, so for the short term, I need a solution.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh, I see. ebay any use? There's cheap K608i and LG U300s?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    might be an idea - thing is though, when I originally got my V3X, i flashed it so i could de-select 3G because the area i live in is on the edge of a known hole in reception so i was lucky to get 1 bar most of the time.

i had it on 2.5G for well over a year with no issues whatsoever and got 5 bars reception all the time.

3 never blocked it then so you never know ..

anyway it's a moot point for now as i've just discovered i've lost my sim card :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoopsie! :rolleyes: