Options

EE-Am I the only one who doesn't sympathise with Ian?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    danyell wrote: »
    I don't think it's false. I just think it's hypercritical.

Why is it hypocritical? She was his daughter - he loved her and is bereft at her death. He's having cheated on his fiancee with a prossie (and ex wife) and being desperate to cover his tracks is separate to his frief for Lucy.

If he was crying at press conferences over her whilst saying she was horrible and he was glad to be shot of her - that would be hypocritical. But that isn't what he is doing.
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to have sympathy for him as a viewer because a) e know what he has done with Rainie and b) it's hard to sympathise with him crying when he is capable of being so devious at the same time. They way he scurries back and forth to Mick and Rainie and tries to mess with Denise's head when she want so go and see Patrick...it's horrible. I of course believe he is devastated that his daughter has been murdered but sometimes it comes across as though he is using that as an excuse, but nothing can "excuse" him from sleeping with Rainie or Jane as Lucy was very much alive and kicking when he slept with them both! I wish they would axe Ian..I can't stand him.
  • Options
    Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sympathize more with Denise then Ian the Irritating. When it comes to husbands and partners, Denise always draws the short stick. Owen was an abusive drunk, Lucas was a serial killer, her soulmate was murdered due to the idiotic idea that he and his ex-wife had to raise a car which they knew was a lemon, Yusef was using her to get to her best friend and we don't know WHEN they'll pair her up with Fatboy again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry he lost his daughter but in general no, he's always been a weasel and always will be. I dont like the situation with Mick taking the wrap for him and not sure why Mick did he's only known Ian a few months so doesn't owe him anything.
  • Options
    Marcus_SmithMarcus_Smith Posts: 3,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan and the Mick / Ian plot is stupid.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has milked Lucy's murder for all its worth. I have no doubt he's in despair at her death but I've also been left in no doubt that he's the same sleazey slimeball weasel he's always been. At times it appears he cares more about Denise not finding out he's a kerb crawler than he does about finding Lucy's murderer. So no, I don't sympathise with Ian but I do sympathise with the idea of a parent losing a child.