Apparently Jon gaunt slags of Chris moyles

abertomabertom Posts: 1,248
Forum Member
✭✭✭
is there a link to the offending article?

Comments

• p_c_u_kp_c_u_k Posts: 8,806
    Forum Member
    Ongoing feud. Moyles has given as good as he's got and I'm sure he won't be particularly surprised/gutted by the rantings of a failed talk show host.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Moyles did respond this morning, something along the lines of "But Gaunty, which of us actually has a radio show?"
  • abertomabertom Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly my point! Moyles has an amazing breakfast show but we know he won't have it forever and personally think 2010 will be his last year however what has Gaunt achieved.
  • James Martin 2James Martin 2 Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid ****.

I used to respect his views but this is just so childish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Stupid ****.

I used to respect his views but this is just so childish.

You used to respect whos views Gaunt ??:eek::eek::eek::mad:
    or Moyles :eek::eek::eek::mad:

:p:p
  • FMDJFMDJ Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You used to respect whos views Gaunt ??:eek::eek::eek::mad:
    or Moyles

:p:p

This James Martin is infamous for his unusual outdated view points, so sadly (for James). I think he means Gaunt. :eek::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I do wonder sometimes if Gaunt owns a mirror.

He also had a little dig at talkSPORT (or talkSQUAWK).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gaunty likes to criticse anything not owned by his master, Mr Murdoch.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Moyles did respond this morning, something along the lines of "But Gaunty, which of us actually has a radio show?"

Ha! I'm not particularly a fan of Moyles - but he's just gone up in my estimation! Good man. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    Who is Jon Gaunt.
    I've never heard of him!!!!!!!!!
  • CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    abertom wrote: »

Blimey...what a pointless little tirade.

I can't stand the pair of them (or Chris Evans), but who in their right mind would give a monkey's about what Gaunty has to say?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    The Wayman wrote: »
    Who is Jon Gaunt.
    I've never heard of him!!!!!!!!!

That's showbiz :D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abertom wrote: »

That's just pathetic, it's literally name-calling. What's the point of them paying someone to write a column like that?

I can just imagine Vic and Bob getting their handbags out and saying "ooooh!".

Moyles should have just ignored it, that would upset Gaunt a lot more than any response. Gaunt doesn't seem to care if people hate him, he just wants people to notice him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the same Jon Gaunt who defended and described Chris Moyles as a "real talent" following Paul Gambochini's criticisms (who he called a dinosaur) of Moyles sometime early this year.

The same Jon Gaunt who once described Shammi, Shammi, Shammi as the most dangerous woman in Britain then thanked her for her support after he got sacked by TalkShite. Now they seem the best of friends.

My point is does anyone really care what Jon Gaunt thinks?
  • James Martin 2James Martin 2 Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not any more, as I say.

He used to be alright - nothing wrong with outspoken talk-show hosts, but unfortunately in recent times he's just become an absolute wally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I take it the ratings for Sun talk must be terrible since he hasn't bragged about them in his column since the show was launched 4-5 months ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AndyJK wrote: »
    This is the same Jon Gaunt who defended and described Chris Moyles as a "real talent" following Paul Gambochini's criticisms (who he called a dinosaur) of Moyles sometime early this year.

Makes me wonder if it's meant to be part of the co-ordinated attacks on the BBC which the Murdoch empire has been conducting lately.

They've never liked the Beeb, but the past few months has seen a lot more anti-BBC articles appearing on Sky and News International titles.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Makes me wonder if it's meant to be part of the co-ordinated attacks on the BBC which the Murdoch empire has been conducting lately.

They've never liked the Beeb, but the past few months has seen a lot more anti-BBC articles appearing on Sky and News International titles.

Gaunt was always slagging off Moyles when he worked at Talksport. They had a 5grand bet on whos book sold the most. Moyles won easily, never received the cheque though.
    Gaunt posts on here as Talkclown, the clown bit is appropiate
  • tvstudiestvstudies Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair Gaunt is probably right (not often that can be said) - Moyles is well past his sell by date and is boring now with his faux contraversy. Chris Evans will take away his listeners and I think the BBC know that.
  • Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    jackol wrote: »
    Gaunt was always slagging off Moyles when he worked at Talksport. They had a 5grand bet on whos book sold the most. Moyles won easily, never received the cheque though.
    Gaunt posts on here as Talkclown, the clown bit is appropiate

Talkclown? I could think of a few more choice words to call him!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    love him or loathe him radio misses the personality of guant
  • Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    flying eye wrote: »
    love him or loathe him radio misses the personality of guant

Jon Gaunt hasn't got a personality. He's got a big gob, though.
  • 4-4-24-4-2 Posts: 5,413
    Forum Member
    It does? Why? He has a loathesome personality.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4-4-2 wrote: »
    It does? Why? He has a loathesome personality.

cos radio in this country is justbland bland bland

theres a high profile london station comentating on the x factor for crying out loud