When are they going to replace Stephen Mulhern?

scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I absolutely cannot stand the man, I find BGMT completely unwatchable because of him.

Does anyone find him funny? His humour is best suited to CITV where his career began, not for a prime time ITV2 show.

I also find him incredibly rude. I know that the hosts of these shows are meant to take the piss out of the contestants and judges a little bit, but he does it in a way that isn't funny and ends up just being insulting. Did anyone see him talk to the burlesque dancer on Saturday's show? He was so rude to her, I felt so sorry for her.

Anyone feel the same way?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I agree. He is annoying and completely unfunny. I would rather have Konnie Huq presenting and that is saying something!
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think he's a great host. BGMT wouldn't be the same without him.
  • aussie_dave_aussie_dave_ Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing I hate about him is that he almost seems like some kind of ITV drone that was built to be 'an entertainer'.

There is something not natural about him.

I swear he's not actually human.
  • CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he's the bizz
  • daryl_spicerdaryl_spicer Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :O What?! He is brilliant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's great, always has a good rapport with the judges and contestants.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, he makes BGMT better and more entertaining than BGT. I think he's an excellent presenter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    No I disagree...I think he's very entertaining and find the piss-taking hilarious. The live shows are especially great :)
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like him, never have, I don't find him funny one bit.
  • loddellboshloddellbosh Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    Lenitive wrote: »
    Personally, he makes BGMT better and more entertaining than BGT. I think he's an excellent presenter.

I agree. He's perfect for the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Eh? LOVE him!! Think he is a great TV presenter and my household find him hilarious :D
  • BroadwayBabyNYBroadwayBabyNY Posts: 2,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stephen is the only reason I watch BGMT. He is adorable and I want to adopt him. I totally get his deadpan humor, utterly hilarious!
  • YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG He's the only reason I watch BGMT! :)
  • lcbagwashlcbagwash Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    I like him, although I do think he looks alarmingly like Philip Schofield :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    YULSTAR wrote: »
    OMG He's the only reason I watch BGMT! :)

Totally agree - love his send-ups & wouldn't watch it otherwise.
  • NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the guy its like ant and dec both got into the cloning machine at the same time and out came stephen, i dont mean that in a bad way but i think he looks like a merged ant and dec.

Did his magic numbers show get a 2nd series?
  • celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    They don't need to replace him ,
    he's doing just fine . :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,122
    Forum Member
    I think he's funny, but i only watch bgmt when the live shows are on, otherwise that show is utter crap
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BGMT gets above 1 million viewers every series, extremely impressive for ITV2 so, like him or not, he must be doing something right!