Options

BT Home Hub 4.0 - is it in the works?

Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Reason I ask is that a mate was sent this new BT Home Hub last week as part of a trailing scheme he is a member of. To describe it I'd say its smaller than the current Infinity Hub, black and silver front with a steady blue light along a light strip.

I tried to take a picture but he was not happy about me doing so hence I had to delete it,.

Comments

• Options
    The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it is as good as the HH3 but with 5GHz i will be delighted. I was set to hate the HH3 with a passion but 18 months later it is still going about its business quietly and reliably.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow 5Ghz that's a good improvement I'll look forward to getting it then. I didn't get invited to the trial unfortunately.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,207
    Forum Member
    The Sack wrote: »
    I was set to hate the HH3 with a passion but 18 months later it is still going about its business quietly and reliably.
    BT claim that nearly all returned HHs are not faulty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT claim that nearly all returned HHs are not faulty.

Yeah I'd agree with that
  • Options
    iiyama17iiyama17 Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know how fast the wireless link of the HH4 connects?

I've just received my HH3. Whereas my (non-fibre) Netgear router connects wirelessly to my PC at 300Mbps, the HH3 only seems to at 130Mbps. Since both are 802.11n devices, why is this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    iiyama17 wrote: »
    1. Do you know how fast the wireless link of the HH4 connects?

2. I've just received my HH3. Whereas my (non-fibre) Netgear router connects wirelessly to my PC at 300Mbps, the HH3 only seems to at 130Mbps. Since both are 802.11n devices, why is this?
    1. 2.4GHz. - 130Mb/s, 5GHz. - 300 Mb/s

2. There are different implementations of 802.11n.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *MikeB* wrote: »
    Yeah I'd agree with that
    I've been saying it for years, based on experience of the boxes, but many of the the good people of Interweb Land always know better.

I left this forum at least twice in the past by bloody amateurs telling me they know better than me with respect to my job, profession or calling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been saying it for years, based on experience of the boxes, but many of the the good people of Interweb Land always know better.

I left this forum at least twice in the past by bloody amateurs telling me they know better than me with respect to my job, profession or calling.

I agree it is infuritating. It's happening to me in another thread, people 'talking to their mates' who do this or that job (but never my exact job). Then coming back and trying to correct me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iiyama17 wrote: »
    Do you know how fast the wireless link of the HH4 connects?

I've just received my HH3. Whereas my (non-fibre) Netgear router connects wirelessly to my PC at 300Mbps, the HH3 only seems to at 130Mbps. Since both are 802.11n devices, why is this?

Go in to the advanced wireless settings (wireless interface type) and enable the 40MHz mode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well you clearly didnt know that 2.4GHz can run at 300Mbps
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sack wrote: »
    Well you clearly didnt know that 2.4GHz can run at 300Mbps

I've enabled 40Mhz mode and still never seen over 130Mbps.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't let people drive u away. I've got hh3 and would likje feedback on hh4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    The HH4 will be a dual band as opposed to to the single band HH3 so i'm lead to believe...