Fifa 14 Thread

Comments

• Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Other than graphical improvements, what else will the next gen console versions offer over the current gen versions? New/expanded modes or anything?

Looks like just tweaks in the gameplay -

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/434952/new-fifa-14-next-gen-details-and-screenshots-released/

I'd be happy if my players just didnt run offside all the time :mad:
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its time I got rid of this piece of trash. Are there any trade in deals where you trade in FIFA and pay XXX to get the COD or BF or whatever? If not its off to ebay
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    i love fifa!!, Sheffield united playing like Barcelona, to many offsides, i cant to get the ball off the cpu ,because all they seem to do is just turn turn turn and keep the bloody ball, then i finally get one chance ...............but wait hes offside!!

I do like this years fifa , but it can be sooooo frustrating!
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biggest grind i have with 14 especially online play its not fun anymore, i know 13 had its problems but i could be 2 or 3 nil down & still come back to win & feel like i had been in a pulsating match. im sticking with it but it aint easy or very enjoyable anymore.
  • gothergother Posts: 14,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortuantly i bought this game on psn , i had £80 credit i had to use lol , so there's no chance of me being able to trade in this shambles of a game.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Throughout history I have shown my brother how it's done on FIFA, consistently whupping his backside.

On 14 last week, I couldn't even win a game. Therefore, it is a rubbish game :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scouting and transfers system is awful
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scouting and transfers system is awful

A few people have said that, but I like the idea of it. The only thing is it's either not quite there yet or I just don't understand it.

Are the players you get in the reports all highly recommended so should be a decent player if your scouts judgement is higher?

I've only used it for one player so far, I wanted a new centre back so scouted for them, filtered out the tall ones with a high heading ability and hope he's good when I sign him.

Trouble is he's on loan so I can't, he was on loan in Jan window and still is at start of next season (he plays in brazil). Not sure when Brazil season ends, or if he's staying on loan because one of the teams would have too little or too many players if the loan ended???
  • LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    Are the players you get in the reports all highly recommended so should be a decent player if your scouts judgement is higher?

I check either First Team Quality if I'm looking for someone to go straight into the side or Promising if I fancy getting a decent young player in.
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying online play. I just play H2H, haven't tried seasons yet. H2H doesn't seem anywhere near as scripted as FIFA 13, I've had the odd game that has been dodgy but generally I've won when I've deserved to win and lost when I've deserved to lose.

I can't speak for offline as I never do it. I never got into career mode, if I want to manage I'll play Football Manager.
    Forum Member
    i got to play fifa 14 on xbox one today

it was in 1080p/60
    the animation was amazing, full of little touches that are not in current gen fifa
    it seemed more responsive when passing/shooting
    gfx were much improved from ps3/xbox
    no more stupid animation when ball goes out, players go and get the ball or ball boy throws it back
    i think there is new default camera angle

i loved the xbox one version of fifa 14 , seemed a massive step up from the xbox360/ps3 versions
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Sounds good! This'll be one of the games I get for launch
  • LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STeely wrote: »
    i got to play fifa 14 on xbox one today

it was in 1080p/60
    the animation was amazing, full of little touches that are not in current gen fifa
    it seemed more responsive when passing/shooting
    gfx were much improved from ps3/xbox
    no more stupid animation when ball goes out, players go and get the ball or ball boy throws it back
    i think there is new default camera angle

i loved the xbox one version of fifa 14 , seemed a massive step up from the xbox360/ps3 versions
    Did you go to the ShopTo event?
    Forum Member
    Leewich wrote: »
    Did you go to the ShopTo event?

no, there was an xbox one event in london, called the xbox one tour
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    got to play this yesterday at the xboxone tour thanks to shopto, brilliant game, its looks so smooth, graphics are amazing!!
    Forum Member
    so playing career mode, Ronaldo puts in transfer request, i bid £45 mill they tell me hes worth £55 mill, then before i get to bid again they sell him to man city for £42mill, bloody career mode

also played 3 games and havent scored a goal, because they either end up being just offside, or take that extra touch, or that amazing through ball is always just in front of them, i could also be just rubbish at fifa.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STeely wrote: »
    so playing career mode, Ronaldo puts in transfer request, i bid £45 mill they tell me hes worth £55 mill, then before i get to bid again they sell him to man city for £42mill, bloody career mode

also played 3 games and havent scored a goal, because they either end up being just offside, or take that extra touch, or that amazing through ball is always just in front of them, i could also be just rubbish at fifa.

Who were you in career mode?
  • MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the opposing team kick the ball up field and my defenders got it covered; then all of a sudden my goalkeeper just comes rushing out and I didn't even press anything and no it was not Joe Hart. Anyway he then concedes a free kick and surprise they score, going right through the goalkeeper.

Then against same team another up field clearance and how slow are the defenders allowing them to get the ball back.

I'm all for challenging but can we have some fun as well and actually enjoy playing the game.

I am just glad I didn't pay full price for this game. :mad:
  • BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Another personal favourite - in co-op this time - the number of times where the CPU switches control arbitrarily. One second I'm about to receive a pass, the next, it's switched and I'm no longer controlling said player, my co-op partner is. Or vice versa, I'll lay a pass off to my co-op partner, only for control to suddenly switch so that I receive the ball myself, only I'm not expecting it and plays ends up being broken up.

The amount of BS that the CPU lets itself get away with in this game is staggering. They really need to stop 'tinkering' with the gameplay for the sake of knocking out another full price annual release. Fifa's been firmly in reverse for the last 3 iterations now.
  • TheWireRulesTheWireRules Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a disillusioned PES fan (online player PS3, they've messed it up this year big time) I was thinking of giving FIFA online a go. The reviews on here don't put me off because I my opinion usually goes against the grain. It's good to here online scripting as been toned down as well. I still feel dirty for considering FIFA though and as a game of football PES still wins hands down.

I think both suffer from a stale dominance. FIFA has the king (sales wise) PES as the thinking mans alternative. I also think PES is more and more aimed at the South American market as it continues to lose western licenses left, right and centre to FIFA. I mean how can you have a Champions League license and not have Dortmund in the game? (not even a fake Dortmund).

I do agree (not just as a PES fan) that the FIFA review scores are ridiculously corrupt and not a true reflection.

So I may just grit my teeth and get FIFA for online....I'll just look back to the likes of European Club Soccer on the Sega Mega Drive and Super kick-off etc and just be grateful we have such advanced footy game/s available on the market today.

I do think the gamer is more demanding nowadays and any little bug the game has gets picked up then spreads through forums etc like wildfire...it's a shame the game reviews are so corrupt...back in the day a 9 out 10 was a 9 out of 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've completed a season as a manager, played a lot of ultimate team so I have played loads of games. I can't figure out the benefit of this pure shot.

When I saw the videos before release I was under the impression that even if you were slightly off balance you could still pull off a half decent shot. Obviously I expect realism still so don't expect miracle shots when you have your back to the goal etc, But there is times when I'm facing goal with a top class player and I press shoot and the player still adjusts himself taking longer on the ball then I lose possession.

Have I just got it wrong? Is pure shot not what I think it is?
  • RoyceRoyce Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Are there any gameplay videos of the next-gen version? I can only find staged pre-rendered screen shots
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as the next gen is using the same engine the game will be the same. EA are hardly going to say "ah its ok but not as good as FIFA 10"