Options

EE today - Zainab and Masood (potentially spoilers I guess?)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
Forum Member
✭✭
I don't know if it's because I'm feeling a bit overemotional right now, but who else was really taken aback by the scene with Zainab/Masood/Denise?

Wow.

Comments

• Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I thought it was very well acted by all three of them, I think tonights episode was a proper build up to Christmas.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was amazing, make me cry those sceens. I want this couple back together.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    It was an absolutely awesome performance from all three. I'm really sad, so I'll be watching it again at 10pm! :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved that scene.
  • Options
    pemberley187pemberley187 Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    So glad someone opened this thread I have not cried at a soap since the Ken/Diedre/Mike episodes almost 30 years ago.

When Masood reached for Zainab and she darted away and started crying :cry: and then when he told her she had to go back to Yusef and she cried and begged him I couldn't hold back my tears.

I just thought about how so many women have had this experience for real wow it was brilliant and I loved Denise making Masood see that it was an actual cry for help.

Brilliant scenes.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member

I burst into tears when he opened that letter and again when she saw Masood standing in the shop. I'm still in bits :cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Okay, I'm glad that was a reasonable reaction.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant scenes, I welled up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I burst into tears when he opened that letter and again when she saw Masood standing in the shop. I'm still in bits :cry:

The scene where she seen him and smiled I burst into to tears which pretty much carried on throughout...I was actually shaking when she was at the phone. I'm finding it a very hard watch at times but the performances from the actors is blowing me away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LadySponge wrote: »
    Okay, I'm glad that was a reasonable reaction.

I've cried at every episode this week and cried at the divorce and I'm not even a big cryer in life, so don't worry. (Although that sentence would suggest otherwise) :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member

Me too

I was in tears within 2 seconds of the scene where Mas saw her bruise:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I loved the way Denise quoted the letter word for word as a way to let Zainab know that she knew, in front of that creepy ponce.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed Zainab, Denise and Mas were all fantastic tonight. Glad they've given Denise something to do at last.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Everything with Zainab, Masood and Denise was brilliant today. The Enders Christmas episodes are going to be amazing. The scene where Zainab saw Masood to the tune of Fairytale of New York was perfect.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great acting by all concerned.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was brilliant all 3 great actors
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I was, just showed me how much I like those two as a couple. All this Yusef and Jane nonsense has put me off them recently, hopefully they get back together as quick as they got divorced.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i actually didnt want them to get back together but after the ep today they are made for each other it was well acted by zainab/massod/denise very emotional when you saw how she didnt want to go back to yusef you could feel how frightened she was
  • Options
    emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,167
    Forum Member
    It was perfectly played by all three actors.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,313
    Forum Member
    Diane Parish can really excel when given the chance, she is one of the best things about Eastenders but for some reason they don't use her to her full potential.

Denise and Zainab have a long relationship and I'm glad that Denise is helping Zainab with her problems.
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This episode reignited my interest in the entire Masood family again, it was perfectly played from start to finish from the look of relief and hope on Zainab's face when Denise repeated her note back to her right to the end when Masood and Denise were anxiously waiting for her message
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who is going to put themselves through it again at 10?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So who is going to put themselves through it again at 10?

I'm going to have to..I haven't stopped thinking about it so I might as well :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Everything with Zainab, Masood and Denise was brilliant today. The Enders Christmas episodes are going to be amazing. The scene where Zainab saw Masood to the tune of Fairytale of New York was perfect.

BIB...I'm going to cry everytime I hear that now...awkward in the supermarket :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to..I haven't stopped thinking about it so I might as well :cry:

same, just did and still cried. :(

BIB...I'm going to cry everytime I hear that now...awkward in the supermarket :o

Me too, I think that song for me will have connotations of Zainab & Masood forever.