Tess Daley?

13»

Comments

• floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    I think she's unlikeable although with her large fee she can 'afford' to be rude! :D Someone like Claudia Winkleman would make a great co-host. Holly Big Boobs from Street Mate and X Factor spin-off show (The Z Factor) would be a good choice too. She quite a natural presenter on Street Mate.
  • elkayelkay Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    I think Tess graduated from the Stepford Academy of TV Presenters.

Claudia is way too good to take the bimbo, "..to see you nice role.." She hosts 5 half hour evening shows with poise; wit; humour; intelligence - and without the sycophancy of the typical presenter.

Claudia should get a run out in the Jonathan Woss slot! (She already had the 4 Puffs on her show...)
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    Someone must like Tess or how did she get the gig?

Yeah, how DID she get the gig?

It's too easy to make cheap shots at Tess.
    All the sincerity of a Mandelson.
    The charm of a python.
    The lecherousness of a ..a..a.....Russell Brand.

Can't stand her husband either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really really don't like her style of presenting- the exaggerated and forced smiles, facial mannerisms are annoying. It just seems really insecere. I haven't met her, and therefore it's hard to make a judgement on her personality, but there's just something about her I really don't like. Also, judging from other people's experiences with her, it just reinforces my point.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone must like Tess or how did she get the gig?

Yeah, how DID she get the gig?

It's too easy to make cheap shots at Tess.
    All the sincerity of a Mandelson.
    The charm of a python.
    The lecherousness of a ..a..a.....Russell Brand.

Can't stand her husband either.
    this picture came to mind:
    http://www.deswillie.com/cms/uploaded/Tess&Russell2.jpg

however i like russell brand :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dolly doo wrote: »
    But what do people think of Tess Daley?

As I said on another thread (but can't find :)), Tess is listed on the corporate website (as is Brucie) as "key talent" -- a misnomer in the case of both words...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    dolly doo wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before.

But what do people think of Tess Daley?

I have always liked her, but whether it is true or not, as I don't know, according to the Nicole Cutler interview, it seems she is not a nice person.

May be I am stupid, but I thought many people liked her, as she came across as a sincere and friendly person.

I went to school with her and she was a genuinely nice person and definitely not up herself. People can change and that was a long time ago but I think she comes across very much as I remember her.
  • jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    I went to school with her and she was a genuinely nice person and definitely not up herself. People can change and that was a long time ago but I think she comes across very much as I remember her.

Yes, but that was Reception!!! You had Teacher telling you all to play nicely! (lol)

JJ
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think shes a pretty bad presenter. Shes all fake smiles, flirty embarrassing behaviour and patronising to nearly everyone. She comes across as very fake and blonde (sorry blondies you know what i mean - i hope!).

I thought she was a different person altogether when i saw her on CIN as 'herself'.
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,486
    Forum Member
    I've met rocks with more intelligence.

Can't stand the woman (and she is paid a silly amount of money when you consider how little she contributes to the show and how easily she could be replaced; at least Bruce and the judges' high salaries can be partially justified on the grounds of actually having a personality or a unique selling point.)
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Tess' form of presenting - give me Claudia any day. Claudia is witty, quick, quirky and delightful. She is also very striking. Tess is probably a very nice person but unfortunately her TV persona does not come across as such. I find her some of her remarks inappropriate to the point of sexual harrassment, and the way she simpers at the camera while Brucie is talking. What is laughable (well I find it funny) are the crocodile tears and cloying sympathy when a couple leave the show. To quote The Winkleman "I think I shall scratch my eyes out" could be applied when watching Ms Daley at her plastic worst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess Daley is one of those people whose smile never quite reaches her eyes; one cold fish who comes across as fake Imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    laska wrote: »
    Really really don't like her style of presenting- the exaggerated and forced smiles, facial mannerisms are annoying. It just seems really insecere.

there's just something about her I really don't like. Also, judging from other people's experiences with her, it just reinforces my point.

That has saved me a great deal of typing, thank you laska.

But I will go on. Bruce just has to go too. No matter what people say he may(?) have been an entertainer once but I think it is time he moved over for a younger man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I am reminded of a line from the EXTRAS episode that featured Les Dennis. If you recall the camp choreographer went to great lengths to stress what what most important in his shows - the 2 t's. TITS AND TEETH !!
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member

Wow Darren, what a coincidence. Congratulations on your interesting first and only posting.

You joined DS on 17DEC2008 and on 18DEC2008 you stumbled onto this thread that had seen no postings for 24 days. As a matter of interest, on what index page did you find this thread?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    She went right down in my estimation last year (and it wasn't very high to start off with) when she was making Vincent look like an idiot by commenting on Flavia and Matt in front of him. Nasty and spiteful.:(

Isn't it just that she's thick and vulgar? It's rather like the comment she made to Cherie this season about hot flushes. I think she just has foot-in-gob syndrome rather than having the brains to be cutting or spiteful.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Quizmike wrote: »
    She has a Northern accent. I have a west country accent which means that I pronounces things differently to people (as I'm sure you would with whichever accent you have yourself). Not really a reaon for slating anyone is it?

Northern maybe but is comes across as common and uneducated to someone who has lived in the North all my life. How she got/keeps the job is beyond me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I don't mind if Tess doesn't pronounce Ola's name correctly because it's not Ola's real name anyway!

I watched that episode of Faking It (featuring Tess) last night - you can download it from Channel 4 on demand. She was a bit of a catty cow to the poor girl. Actually, it was really interesting to watch and makes you realise how much hard work and chaos goes on in producing a live show. I had a lot more respect for the SCD director tonight. I highly recommend it!

(Oh, yes, I don't like Tess. She has a very fake aura about her. I think she and Vernon are perfect for each other!)
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have the vast majority of the SCD shows from the start and I have never had a problem with her.

Given that its been 5 years doesnt anyone think she would have been elbowed if her performance was as bad as some on here apparently think?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I quite like her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    dead behind the eyes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's the luckiest woman on TV. She earns a fortune for not doing very much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    She used to be such a natural, calm modest presenter, but she has changed so much. She hasn't the legs for those pelmets she wears and.....would look a little more sophisticated if they were dropped a couple of inches.
    I suppose her figure is not bad, and she obviuosly knows it by continually swaggering her hips with right elbow held away from her frame hand clutching card. Can she straighten her right arm I wonder? I suppose the only swivelling effect possible then would be from shoulders. The left elbow helps levers the hips from side to side. Her legs are never closed. Don't stand like that Tess. Stop the flaunting pose. Your voice is getting louder by the minute and the accent/dialect seems to vary. YOU are not the star of the show YOU are the presenter and remember that . You've got a bit big for your high stillettos and... so gushing. Calm down and control yourself. Not enjoying it as much I used to - its getting a bit ridiculous generally.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So "no change" in over three years?

Those old comments could have been posted this week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the programme, but she spoils my enjoyment :( All that gushing and her voice is way too loud. Very poor presenter imo.