• Options
    Brian2005Brian2005 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    No No No No
  • Options
    daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually can't stand Russell Brand either but I think in the unlikely event of him being cast in the role, he should take a leaf out of James Corden's book and play him as a totally different character to himself.

I thought Craig was a much nicer character than James Corden himself and would hope RB would do that as well if it happened, but knowing his outlandish and loud personality(just using words that are acceptable on this forum there) I couldn't ever see that happening.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm a big Russell Brand fan, so I would enjoy seeing him as the Doctor, but I'm not sure he would be right for the role. It would be amusing for a few episodes, but I don't think it would work long term.

It would be nice to see him take on a serious acting role though, and prove to everyone that he can do it.

As someone else said, there is no way he is going to be cast as the Doctor anyway.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice to see him take on a serious acting role though, and prove to everyone that he can do it.
    I think he would be great in a Victorian Drama because of the way that he speaks and his attire.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    I think he would be great in a Victorian Drama because of the way that he speaks and his attire.

Yes, I can picture that! Actually I was like to see him in an episode of Dr Who set in the Victorian era.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! hes rubbish, unfunny, and talentless
  • Options
    fenpeperfenpeper Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Bleak Old Shop of Stuff!! He'd be good in that. I do like Brand, and maybe several years ago when he was unknown and unjudged he would have made a quirky Dr but not now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    At least he'd be funny. I saw the article, he was clearly just having a bit of a laugh, it really shouldn't be taken so literally.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    The Daily Mail would have a field day. They love taking a pop at the Beeb as it is and after that business with a certain Fawlty Towers actor a few years ago, which they obsessed over, to say it would be a recipe for disaster is an understatement.
  • Options
    GaladrielGaladriel Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling that Rusty Rockets is possibly a little too high maintenance for a high profile show like DW. :D