Options

James Arthur's Fall Begins....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Well we can see the line being taken by his management now. Classic heavy handed damage limitation... down to resurrecting the homelessness sob story and the use of 'working class' again as they've used it all along ...and hinting at 'you're all responsible for his depression if you don't support him'. He's the poor, innocent 'man of the people' adrift in the nasty music business, unable to understand 'hate'. Guess we can expect a full 'vulnerable, victim James, everyone show him how much he's loved' treatment on XF, as he hits the stage to hysterical cheers. I'll be amazed if thats not orchestrated to 'prove' to the viewers how loved he is by 'real people,' and how its all a press campaign against him. I think Syco can manipulate anything in the press if they want to put in the effort.
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh. If the judges do their usual standing ovation for a homophobe I'll be pissed.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tabby_Shaw wrote: »
    Well we can see the line being taken by his management now. Classic heavy handed damage limitation... down to resurrecting the homelessness sob story and the use of 'working class' again as they've used it all along ...and hinting at 'you're all responsible for his depression if you don't support him'. He's the poor, innocent 'man of the people' adrift in the nasty music business, unable to understand 'hate'. Guess we can expect a full 'vulnerable, victim James, everyone show him how much he's loved' treatment on XF, as he hits the stage to hysterical cheers. I'll be amazed if thats not orchestrated to 'prove' to the viewers how loved he is by 'real people,' and how its all a press campaign against him. I think Syco can manipulate anything in the press if they want to put in the effort.

Cowell doesn't have the tact that Kris Jenner does. She could turn this into anything.
  • Options
    Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's like one of those lottery winners who pops up @ or # years after the win and has spent it all. He had the chance to be secure for life and have a career doing something he loved and he's thrown it away for a bunch of stupid tweets.

The guy is an asshole.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Credit where it's due (and I did say I'd admit if I was wrong that it would drop out of the top 10) - James's album has stuck to number 10 this week. Don't know what his sales are but it's impressive he's stayed there given how low he's dropped on iTunes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Does this mean he won't be following in Christopher's footsteps and stripping in GT.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this mean he won't be following in Christopher's footsteps and stripping in GT.

I think for that we can be very grateful. :o
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    rattie wrote: »
    The Daily Star have obviously had some feedback from official sources on the situation:
    http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/x-factor/352355/Record-bosses-fear-for-James-Arthur-s-mental-health-after-gay-row

Oh...how dramatic :rolleyes:
    He's been promoting his single across Europe and at every single radio station he's visited...they had him singing. It's pretty clear that the hectic schedule and flying wore him out. They probably gave him a week off to get himself and his voice together for the XF performance.

They've issued an apology and that's sufficient, you don't tuck your client away making them look guilty of something, in fact...you'd want them out there as much as possible, especially with a recent album release.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh please , I hope not . I think part of the reason he dislikes Matt Cardle so much is becAuse he actually looked really good in his GT photo shoot . JA would Make my stomach turn .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, the judges have definitely been told not to mention James Arthur's name. When Gary was asked if RC could still get to the final, he normally replies with the JA was in the bottom and still won response, but he stumbled a little then and made sure he made no mention of JA, just said anything can happen. ;)
  • Options
    VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    Dermot announced JA will be in next week's show though.
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it my imagination or did Louis sat motionless when James Arthur was announced then clapped happily when Rebecca Ferguson was mentioned?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Visiting wrote: »
    Dermot announced JA will be in next week's show though.

But that doesn't link him to an act, which is what they don't want to do.

He'll be all forgiven by next week anyway if he remains quiet this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    Was it my imagination or did Louis sat motionless when James Arthur was announced then clapped happily when Rebecca Ferguson was mentioned?

He always said Rebecca was his favourite when she was on the show (once his own acts had gone)...and obviously has stated he doesn't like James this week. He is quite open with whom he does and doesn't like.
  • Options
    VisitingVisiting Posts: 40,112
    Forum Member
    Dermot just mentioned Ella and James' sing-off last year (on Extra-Factor) and asked what his favourite audition was he said Ella and James
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    I noticed the audience didn't seem really into James Arthurs return
  • Options
    sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He always said Rebecca was his favourite when she was on the show (once his own acts had gone)...and obviously has stated he doesn't like James this week. He is quite open with whom he does and doesn't like.

Because he is gay and took offence at JA's tweets perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he is gay and took offence at JA's tweets perhaps?

Yes, he said on the radio he doesn't like James because of the things he has read online.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    James Arthur returns home next week to the show that made him, but he has gone from hero to zero. I'm sure nobody can forget Impossible though.
  • Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they are setting up next weeks episode to be James Arthur's redemption:rolleyes:
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Crabbie123 wrote: »
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there. I think where he possibly has crossed the line, with no possibility of redemption, was not so much the worst bits of the diss rap, which did initially stir up the media storm, but the tweets he made about Simon sending in the heavies and the Louis and Simon 3-way. Pretty sure the XF contract states that you will never be allowed to criticise Simon ever. I am sure that if you can't criticise, then you also can't say/do anything that could be appear disrespectful of him either.

People who are saying his career will carry on with its current arrangements are naive IMO. Cowell is as loyal as a pussycat, hes always ready to kick out an act once they are no longer hot or selling. I am certain JA will be dropped from Syco in a year.
    Ultimately the true mark of a Syco/X-Factor act is the willingness to be a puppet for the Cowell brand,
    Surely JA was advised to pipe down before the Lucy Spraggan spat, but he clearly didnt follow "advice".
    Syco will now see him as a liability image wise and give him the boot at a convenient time.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be brilliant if something happened which meant his performance was cancelled. Please somebody dig something up about him...
  • Options
    SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right, it can't be discussed on this forum. Arthur should be ashamed of himself though.
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Um, I'm guessing people are thinking (possibly correctly) that it refers to something that can't be discussed on this forum.

Sorry, realise that's not helpful.

What on Earth are you all referring to? :confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    *Liya* wrote: »
    Oh...how dramatic :rolleyes:
    He's been promoting his single across Europe and at every single radio station he's visited...they had him singing. It's pretty clear that the hectic schedule and flying wore him out. They probably gave him a week off to get himself and his voice together for the XF performance.

They've issued an apology and that's sufficient, you don't tuck your client away making them look guilty of something, in fact...you'd want them out there as much as possible, especially with a recent album release.

Not even when he's at the centre of a media firestorm and you cant rely on 'your client' not to make things worse every time he's asked a question by the press? Seems they didn't have much option other than to tuck him away until the redemption set up on XF in which its fair to assume they'll do all the talking to paint him a victim and he says only what he's told to.
    Are you really saying he couldn't cope with a short radio tour because it includes flying? Which artists do regularly. One Direction have just come off the most gruelling world tour imaginable playing to huge venues and doing constant press and they're straight back to work. JA cant cope with a few weeks of having to sing one song a day in between starting feuds? If he's that physically fragile it doesn't bode well for his future as a tough and edgy global superstar.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I haven't paid any attention to this twitter storm in a teacup stuff, but I heard his new single the other day and was blown away by it. Really don't care what singers say or do. It's all about the music for me. I mean Morrissey comes out with a lot of rubbish but I've been a massive fan since 1983. Some people just like to be outraged.