where best to buy a phone (no contract)

Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
Forum Member
✭✭
Greetings from "General Discussion"

Just been told my S5 is beyond economic repair. For the last ten years I have always been given the latest phones so never had to look into it.

Ideally I would like to go into the high street tomorrow and get one, but I guess they may not have the stock or just do "contract". Can anyone advise what website I can go to?

In case anyone wants to suggest anything.
Ideally I want a 5.5" . Doesn't have to be latest one if there any "end of stock" bargains to be had.

Regrettably I need one soon, so can't hang on to wait for a "imminent" release.

Thanks

Comments

• TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • eljmayeseljmayes Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you do buy from Expansys then don't bother paying extra for next day delivery- their normal delivery is usually next day in my experience.
  • AlecRAlecR Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazon
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlecR wrote: »
    Amazon

^ same here.
  • simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon are pretty good these days for sim free. Also consider oppo - their find 7a (and upcoming find 7 with qhd display) are getting rave reviews, in no small part to their rapid charging tech. You can get them delivered to the uk from the European oppostyle.com website (with proper warranty).
  • Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I would say keep googling for the best price of the phone you want, and stick to reputable venders.

The price of phones can vary massively between venders day to day so if you have a phone in mind then take a week or 2 to find the best price and use voucher/group buy websites aswell.
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,604
    Forum Member
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    Ideally I would like to go into the high street tomorrow and get one, but I guess they may not have the stock or just do "contract". Can anyone advise what website I can go to?

Most of the answers appear to be missing the bold portion.

OP, about the only places you will get a sim free handset tomorrow (or possibly buy as unlocked PAYG handset) are CarPhoneWarehouse, Phones4U or a Three store.

I would expect CPW will probably have the most variety and stock available.
  • Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    He also asks what websites to look at.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thank you for all the answers.

Going to the shops today, but checking websites before I do.
  • Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,033
    Forum Member
    I got mine from Amazon after checking other places. I found them to be quite a lot cheaper. Got a quick delivery too.