Mini Skirt or long dress?

13»

Comments

• lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    lea_uk wrote: »
    I like both, but I tend to wear skirts that are a bit longer than mini, 5/6 inches above the knee is best for me.

This is about the length I mean http://ootdmagazine.com/store/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Daisy-Street-Tartan-Mini-Skirt.jpg
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I've just had a good look at some maxi dresses and I think the only one that would suit me is this

http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/clothing/maxi-dresses/icat/new-in/val-strappy-side-split-woven-maxi-dress/invt/azz27525
  • fleabeefleabee Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julzei wrote: »
    So I've just had a good look at some maxi dresses and I think the only one that would suit me is this

http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/clothing/maxi-dresses/icat/new-in/val-strappy-side-split-woven-maxi-dress/invt/azz27525

I hope if you buy it you buy a size that fits you unlike that 'model'! With those boots she looks like a tramp!
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picklebum wrote: »
    Now in my 40s, I have never worn a mini skirt. Have always been hippy/bohemian in my style, so I have been wearing cut downs, floaty skirt and maxi dresses since my teens.

Men will always appreciate what they deem to be an attractive women. Plenty of women "perv" too, but "that's ok innit?". I really feel sorry for men these days.
    Nice one. Restores ones faith in normality! :)
  • JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fleabee wrote: »
    I hope if you buy it you buy a size that fits you unlike that 'model'! With those boots she looks like a tramp!

Oh I like the boots.

I like this one aswell, it's very similar but they don't have my size.

http://www.boohoo.com/restofworld/clothing/maxi-dresses/icat/new-in/ivy-button-through-ditsy-floral-woven-maxi-dress/invt/azz27859
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    pugamo wrote: »
    Starting a thread about it on DS is pervy though.

Is it. It may be a bit of a strange question to ask (I agree), but it's the emotive language that people like you attach to it, like saying it is a strange question to ask isn't enough. Why don't you go the whole way and call men that look at women sex pests.

It's the same sort of thing as calling people that are eccentric, creepy weirdos and such like.
    Jason100 wrote: »
    You'll see plenty of Indian/Pakistani girls in short dresses/skirts on the central line of a weekend! ;-) They look quite hot too!

It may well be an area specific thing and you're right, Asian women can look very glamorous and often do.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julzei wrote: »
    I'm not keen on maxi dresses as I have yet to see one in a print that I like so I'd go for mini skirt but I can't wear them at the moment as I suffer from chub rub but am hoping to get my weight down again so I can wear them next summer.

Don't put yourself down women are beautiful whatever size they are. I know a larger lady who is about a size 18 early 30's and wears hot pants and she is proud.
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer knee length dresses. Maxi dresses don't suit me at all - I just don't have the height for them and the ones I've tried on have swamped me! I'm a bit old for mini skirts, though if I go on holiday abroad I tend to live in beach skirts with bikini bottoms underneath, and those skirts are pretty short. I have worn them when going to the beach here too but I wouldn't walk around in one anywhere other than the beach.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pkA8in4GhPc/T70scEroqcI/AAAAAAAAAxY/RbnACnuFtCg/s640/Beach%2BSkirts%2BFor%2BWomen1.jpg
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've just worked out that I own 22 maxi dresses and always get complimented when I wear them so one person I'll never meet thinking I must be lazy really isn't a big deal in the great scheme of things.

Though a little confused. The days I wear maxis and glads, I'm lazy but ther days I wear a bodycon and heels, I'm not? Both days, I take the same time to get ready so just a tad confused
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I might not like maxi dresses but I ended up browsing all the frocks on boohoo and ended up buying this one http://www.boohoo.com/boutique/boutique-liz-cutwork-chifley-front-dress/invt/azz30499
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mini. Never midi, it just looks awful on me. I don't have the curves to pull it off.

I have got a maxi skirt with a slit in it which I love and one maxi dress which is too long and loose round the hips so doesn't look great.

I have really small boobs so legs is all I have :D
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Trousers, jeans or cropped jeans/trousers.

Haven't worn a skirt or dress since my 1971 school uniform, either short or long.
  • SnakeGuySnakeGuy Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    I was just thinking that shorts on a woman look far more attractive than skirts of any length. Strangely even with black leggings.

Each to their own taste but I don't find the idea of women going commando or even thongs very attractive. Sounds quite unhygienic to me. White cotton are best - nothing floral or any other colour - though I can imagine that black has advantages at certain times of the month.

Though in summer pretty much any woman looks attractive.
    How bizarre , I think there is only possibly one woman in the world who looked good in shorts and that was Daisy in Dukes of Hazard ! Ladies please do not EVER wear shorts.
    Also the style you mention of shorts over leggings is simply dreadful , it's usually young teenagers who have no idea whatsoever about fashion or what looks good.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to go for at least knee-length skirts, regardless of the time of year (largely because I hate wearing trousers).
  • DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm too old for mini skirts so I wear knee length or longer. I do like maxi length skirt/dresses, they are very comfy and look nice and cool in hot weather.
    During the winter I only wear trousers or leggings though.
  • Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SnakeGuy wrote: »
    How bizarre , I think there is only possibly one woman in the world who looked good in shorts and that was Daisy in Dukes of Hazard! Ladies please do not EVER wear shorts.
    Also the style you mention of shorts over leggings is simply dreadful , it's usually young teenagers who have no idea whatsoever about fashion or what looks good.
    Very true and the reason most men watched that programme!
    Unfortunately it seems she wouldn't quite fit in them now! :(

However she is 60 years old and at the time she played Daisy in the "Dukes of Hazzard" wearing those tiny shorts was aged 35......not bad eh? Her legs were insured for a million dollars!
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on your age and figure!

When I was in my 20's and weighed 8st then mini skirts all the way

Now I am in my 30's and several stone heavier then maxi dresses would be my choice. Sadly at 5ft 1in it's hard to find maxi dresses that fit.
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer mini skirts- or rather, short dresses. Actually I don't think I've ever tried a maxi dress, I have a very small frame so I think I might be swamped by a long dress of any description, plus I find dress or trouser lengths rarely account for those of us with short legs! Perhaps I should try some on next time I go shopping. I think another issue for me is that in the hot weather I can barely stand wearing a short summer dress, I find it so difficult to deal with hot weather and even the thinnest layers make me overheat. I'm not sure I'd survive a hot day in a maxi dress!
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that leaving something to the imagination is very sexy. :blush:

Long floaty dress are very feminine (if that makes sense).

As for the thread all you ladies should post images so us blokes can make a considered opinion on the matter. :D
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that leaving something to the imagination is very sexy. :blush:

Long floaty dress are very feminine (if that makes sense).

As for the thread all you ladies should post images so us blokes can make a considered opinion on the matter. :D

Get back in your cave you :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a petite woman, I find I look much better with calf-length dresses or shorter. I am also someone who likes to wear short-ish dresses with leggings. That look suits me.

I would also be really happy if clothes shops realised that we aren't all tall with a body of a teenager. Hence, they would realise that some of us would like dresses designed for people who are actually smaller than 5.3", and that some of us have boobs and hips too!
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get back in your cave you :D

Only if you come and visit me. ;-) :D
  • highking1014highking1014 Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why leave out the scots men? they like to wear skirts as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I wear both depending on my mood. Most of my dresses are just above or knee length but that's because I'm little so some long clothes swamp me.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maxis over minis for me.