Options

iPhone 6 with big screen (leaked pictures "allegedly")

Comments

• Options
    alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    .......and was very fortunate to be able to do all sorts of other things including the flying and getting involved in start up tech companies.
    So I do know just a little about tech !...
    We have similar backgrounds but much or even most of what we knew in the past can be irrelevant.

I always post here on the basis of generally understanding. Nothing needs to be better than another, it is the differentiation that is interesting.
    And it is interest in 'how it works' that one can see the direction a company is currently taking.

One of the most interesting things about Apple is that they have a fan base telling them 'I only want what I am given'.
  • Options
    Jamie_BradleyJamie_Bradley Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »

One of the most interesting things about Apple is that they have a fan base telling them 'I only want what I am given'.

In what study did you find this information? An what percentage of Apples "fan base" were questioned in the study?
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Apple, when they finally release the next iPhone (whatever it may be called) will have a twee time of release. If it's the iPhone 6 they'll release it at 06.06. If they call it iPhone IOS it'll get released at 1.05 (or something.

The only thing we can guarantee is 30 seconds after its release, DS will be full of comments such as "couldn't it do that already?" or "the xxx phone has been able to do that for years" and the killer "Apple managing to hoodwink their sheeple into buying two year old technology"
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have similar backgrounds but much or even most of what we knew in the past can be irrelevant.

I always post here on the basis of generally understanding. Nothing needs to be better than another, it is the differentiation that is interesting.
    And it is interest in 'how it works' that one can see the direction a company is currently taking.

Because the idea people might actually just like Apple products is so difficult to believe?

That, along with Stiggles recent comment, really do sum up the bizarre arrogance that just can't seem to accept that.

Both you and he talk a good game about choice etc, but its always with the caveat about Apple that gives you away - i.e. people only buy Apple products because of brand loyalty, or they only buy them because they don't know what they want, or they don't know what they are missing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    Because the idea people might actually just like Apple products is so difficult to believe?

It mirrors life. Of course people like Apple products. And hey, being told how much they like something does no harm.
  • Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I can only assume you have looked at his picture and have a wall the same colour:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It mirrors life. Of course people like Apple products. And hey, being told how much they like something does no harm.

Who tells Apple users they like the phones? Why do you always say this I'm just curious what your information source is?

Do you not understand iPhones are good at what they do and offer everything some consumers need?

Are they the best? That depends on what each dividual uses there phone for, are they the worst no. Do millions and millions of people buy iPhones every year? Yes.

It's 2014 we are all tech savvy now and we know what we want, you are going to accept people now what Android has to offer and still go and buy an iPhone. Also people know what iphone offers but go and buy an android device. Others know what Android offers and iphone offers and go and buy a windows phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, there you go, Apple is bringing 'some' web games to IOS 8.

http://codeflow.org/entries/2014/jun/08/some-issues-with-apples-ios-webgl-implementation/

What they seem to have done is constrained it and removed a lot of extensions. So you will get some stuff that will work on IOS and nowhere else. A bit like IE really though obviously not as cavalier.

I'm not sure how many 'non working' WegGL using web sites can/will need to be rewritten to work on IOS 8.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/unity-webgl-and-ios-8-safari.250221/

"then crashed and reloaded the page. That's in iPad 3 but i find that iPad air is MUCH fatser than earlier ipads so it might work well on that."

I have no idea if that is just IOS memory management at work, or rewrites are definitely needed to cope.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What exactly do you even mean by that though?

And what exactly do you mean when you say "One of the most interesting things about Apple is that they have a fan base telling them 'I only want what I am given".

Because, if I'm honest, I haven't a clue what you mean, or what its supposed to be based on.
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, while i was on nightshift, I installed Waze. I just hit the home button to see if I had the same issue, but it seems to shut down itself after about half an hour. I tried it again and it did the same. It did say in the notifications it was running but even that disappeared.

Even when it was running, it didn't even use enough to appear in my battery stats!

Beginning to wonder if when its not being used for a while it just shuts down. Going to bed now but will test it again later.

I genuinely would like to get to the bottom of this so I am just looking at measuring it myself, however I am a bit clueless when it comes to the tools available on Android for this. What do you mean above by "battery stats", where are you seeing those ? I have Googled for Android power consumption measurement and it just turns up some very techie and proprietary Qualcom stuff. Likewise I drew a blank with the Play Store.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That makes sense. Apple make a lot of money in battery replacements..

Will you answer my question as to how much Apple makes on battery replacements as it is very relavent as it eludes to rate of battery failure on iPhone. Something most of use would find useful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    I can only assume...:)
    You know what they say.

Once a troll, always a troll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »
    What exactly do you even mean by that though?
    Exactly what it says. I can't see any misinterpretation.

And even Apple tell folks how much folks like Apple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can you give some practical examples for both Apple and non Apple products to highlight the difference between Apple and other companies?

What exactly do Apple tell people, and how is this communicated - do they ring people up?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ah you're saying Apple publicise it's very high customer satisfaction, now it makes sense. Apple tell people how existing Apple users are happy with their devices. There is nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting back on topic - latest 4'7 inch iPhone 6 photos.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/exclusive-4-7-inch-iphone-6-leaked-photos-18-07-2014/

Notice the rounded side panels as opposed to the iPhone 5S which used flat sides.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Getting back on topic - latest 4'7 inch iPhone 6 photos.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/exclusive-4-7-inch-iphone-6-leaked-photos-18-07-2014/

Notice the rounded side panels as opposed to the iPhone 5S which used flat sides.

Looks more like the iPod and iPad mini designs, but I'm never sure how real any of these mock ups are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah you're saying Apple publicise it's very high customer satisfaction... There is nothing wrong with that.
    That at least reads better than better than that 'who in their right mind needs long battery life for their smartphone GPS'
    :)
    It may only be January but here is the first alleged leak the iPhone 6. The screen may be between 4.7" and 5.7" so what will the fans think of this Innovation :p
    Like all rumours best taken with a pinch of salt ...
    Nothing much really moved from there but I can't help wondering if the 5.7" is September 2015.

Regarding Phablets, HP have their HP Slate Voicepad 6 available on pre-order. It is under £200 so reflects the current marketplace well.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Going into full production next week by all accounts, time to think about the iphone 7 thread. Rumour has it a 5.1" screen :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    Going into full production next week by all accounts, time to think about the iphone 7 thread. Rumour has it a 5.1" screen :D

No, we've got the premium samsung phone to come first. I assume that rumour will come true at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, we've got the premium samsung phone to come first....

Nope, the Galaxy F likely will drop more calls than any Samsung phone that has gone before it.
    Obviously F is for Failed call.

Apple likely went in reverse with the iPhone 5c, dropping less calls than anything that had gone before. The 5c is Apple's first phone with top end signal quality.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    No, we've got the premium samsung phone to come first. I assume that rumour will come true at some point.

You know what you do when you assume dont you
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, the Galaxy F likely will drop more calls than any Samsung phone that has gone before it.
    Obviously F is for Failed call.

Apple likely went in reverse with the iPhone 5c, dropping less calls than anything that had gone before.

Really? I expect it is 'likely' that isn't true.

I didn't know it was going to be called the 'F', so they a cresting a new line for the premium model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't know it was going to be called the 'F', so they a cresting a new line for the premium model.

Premium model? It is just a new phone made of metal. The screen is a 2.6K one so some might go for it.