Options

Prisoner Cell Block H

Comments

• Options
    zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a good day watching random episodes of Prisoner with my mum. Watched The Great Fire, the episode when Stan Collapses and Reb doesn't help him, Bev Bakers final episode and When Lou Kelly and Kath Deakin try to shoot The Freak and blame Myra.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Jessie Windom, why wasn't she introduced sooner! And Nancy too!

What a brilliant group now that is starting to form

I liked Jessie quite a lot, although, without meaning to sound cruel, I don't know where Lexie gets her looks from.

Didn't really like Nancy, although I like the actress Julia Blake.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I am loving the love and appreciation on here for Kath Deakin, a really good character who was recognisable in the background and eventually given a role and lines to herself. however I wish she had of been propelled a lil bit more into the mainstream the way Lurch and Lou Kelly were.

Same with Tammy.

Another character I would have liked to have seen developing into more of a main character was Ruth Shaw. She seemed to rise just above the background character status and was in it for quite a bit. She had quite a few lines right around the time of the Nola McKenzie era.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I am loving the love and appreciation on here for Kath Deakin, a really good character who was recognisable in the background and eventually given a role and lines to herself. however I wish she had of been propelled a lil bit more into the mainstream the way Lurch and Lou Kelly were.

Same with Tammy.

Another character I would have liked to have seen developing into more of a main character was Ruth Shaw. She seemed to rise just above the background character status and was in it for quite a bit. She had quite a few lines right around the time of the Nola McKenzie era.

Love Kath Deakin and Tammy, they should have become main characters.

Yeah Ruth shaw is talking a lot where I'm watching at the moment, around episode 340s.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many times does someone say "She wouldn't work in an iron lung" I seem to have heard it a lot over the last couple of days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying these episodes, the late 340s, quite a lot going on. Coleen has taken a fancy to Tom Fletcher from Home And Away and Willie Beacham has turned up as Fayes sister, Heather Rogers brother is here as Fayes nephew.

Jill Clark is very fanciable. And Maxines still annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feeling for poor Kath Maxwell
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the scenes with Rita Lexie and Lice, they act like clowns, there's no good drama at the minute, ep615. Every time this group appears they seem to be laughing their heads off about something which isnt very clear to the viewer. Prefer Nancy, Jessie, Lou, Maggot, Kath.

And the bikie thing is done by now already, exhausted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And also, how irritating are Lexie and Meg at the minute?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And also, how irritating are Lexie and Meg at the minute?

Lexies never irritating:D, no she did get quite annoying but I love the actress.

Meg was always highly irritating as far as I was concerned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand the scenes with Rita Lexie and Lice, they act like clowns, there's no good drama at the minute, ep615. Every time this group appears they seem to be laughing their heads off about something which isnt very clear to the viewer. Prefer Nancy, Jessie, Lou, Maggot, Kath.

And the bikie thing is done by now already, exhausted.

It gets even worse as far as I'm concerned, I've barely managed to get through the last few episodes, just finished the last volume episode 650ish , hope things pick up by the next one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever seen up as far as Lorelei being inside for a few episodes so I have never saw Rita at Blackmoor, anything to do with Spider or the original Lisa Mullins, or Sarah West.

at the min they don't really actually seem to be doing anything. Lou Kelly is dead, end of an era as far as I'm concerned. Love the scene where Alice begs Pat Slattery to let her out to the toilet and she runs for her life llololol Alice is brilliant, though at times with Rita she's a bit annoying.

I love Kath Maxwell - and who the heck is Debbie Stewart - did she come from the same place that Maggot and Vicki McPherson came from - all three have just appeared from nowhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    A cool, camp element of 'Prisoner Cell Block H' was the incidental music, which was used extensively throughout the series.
    A couple of youtube accounts are full of them. As a 'Prisoner' fan it is very cool hearing them all again (and in their entirety).
    Many of the tracks are in these accounts:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/juniourmoult?feature=csp-in-feed
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AussieSoapRetro?feature=watch

My favourite tunes are Hot Cargo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIfzw_LX-1c&list=HL1367097520 and Propulsion, by Francis Monkman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4viOzfVdzA&list=HL1367097520

Another ace track is Computer Crime by George Fenton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_PHR20bJz8

Which is your favourite?
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the music played when Ram tells the women that one of them will be shot every hour.

I also really like the music when Lexie is escaping over the fence.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the preview (first 18 minutes of the first episode) of Wentworth. Looks abslutely brilliant and totally removed from Prisoner so we still have the original to treasure and rewatch over and over.

This was pretty hard hitting and totally different so should please fans old and new and silence the haters.

Excited for this week now!
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the preview (first 18 minutes of the first episode) of Wentworth. Looks abslutely brilliant and totally removed from Prisoner so we still have the original to treasure and rewatch over and over.

This was pretty hard hitting and totally different so should please fans old and new and silence the haters.

Excited for this week now!

How were you able to see an 18 minute preview?

Do you live in Australia?
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wentworth, the new version of PCBH seems a bit odd.

They've got the same names, different actresses, but is not supposed to be the same!!:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rewatching the early 400 episodes, my favourite era of Prisoner. Cass has just beat up Phyllis, Frances and Mary Adler, and Minnie has made Sonia drink all her home brew.

The brilliant Randi has sworn revenge on Meg :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail Robinson from Neighbours has turned up at the Halfway House, now run by Alice Dobbs, played by Julia Blake, a very good actress but I never really liked any of her characters. Really liking Daphne who is living at the house and helping Alice after she was shot, would have been good to see her turn up inside at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail Robinson from Neighbours has turned up at the Halfway House, now run by Alice Dobbs, played by Julia Blake, a very good actress but I never really liked any of her characters. Really liking Daphne who is living at the house and helping Alice after she was shot, would have been good to see her turn up inside at some point.

Sorry not Gail, I mean Beverly. Gail did turn up later in the series though.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    There's a thread about it but just a heads up that C5 will be showing Wentworth :)

No idea when it's due to air over here.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    There's a thread about it but just a heads up that C5 will be showing Wentworth :)

No idea when it's due to air over here.

Thats good news, will have to keep an eye out for it, thanks. :)
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is the Wentworth preview???

I'm dying to see it. Despite being against it at first I now cannot wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best character of the last year of Prisoner has arrived - Lorelei Wilkinson