Christine

dolly doodolly doo Posts: 171
Forum Member
I wish DOI would have given Christone an equal amount of presenting time, rather than Schofield doing nearly all of it. IMO I think that's why Holly left. I like Christine and Holly

Comments

• jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dolly doo wrote: »
    I wish DOI would have given Christone an equal amount of presenting time, rather than Schofield doing nearly all of it. IMO I think that's why Holly left. I like Christine and Holly

I agree it's disgraceful how unequal the presenting is. He seems to do 80% of it. I am embarrassed at the inequality. I am surprised it is hardly ever mentioned on here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    They should take turns at revealing the results
  • bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it's just pathetic really. It's like they don't like women on there apart from wearing their fancy dresses.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Christine looked lovely tonite.....thought she did have an appointment on that red carpet!!
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they should just have one presenter, male or female and then ITV can spend more money on quality drama instead of so called eye candy.
  • rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    christine is pointless and brings nothing to the show
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christine used to be a natural when it came to presenting. However with all the flack since Daybreak and awful comments this week, you can tell she's rightly anxious.. She has a great smile that can mask a certain amount, but Phil's polished presenting and quick ad libs, highlight her nerves more and the fact she relies on the autocue.
  • happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christine used to be a natural when it came to presenting. However with all the flack since Daybreak and awful comments this week, you can tell she's rightly anxious.. She has a great smile that can mask a certain amount, but Phil's polished presenting and quick ad libs, highlight her nerves more and the fact she relies on the autocue.

I think she was much more relaxed this week. Glad to see she is taking no notice of the nasty trolls. I can't believe anyone would wish death on someone over presenting a reality tv show.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    I think she was much more relaxed this week. Glad to see she is taking no notice of the nasty trolls. I can't believe anyone would wish death on someone over presenting a reality tv show.
    Wow didn't realise it had got this extreme. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I really wish she would wait for the audience to quieten down before she speaks though, or speak louder. You can't hear half of what she's saying.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlighthi wrote: »
    I agree it's disgraceful how unequal the presenting is. He seems to do 80% of it. I am embarrassed at the inequality. I am surprised it is hardly ever mentioned on here.
    Phillip Schofield always hogs the limelight in whatever show he's on and he's on far too often!
    Christine Bleakley could do the show herself and save ITV a few £million by getting rid of the c*cky Silver Fox!!! :eek:
  • jlighthijlighthi Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am not blaming Philip. Surely the producers are to blame. Obviously they hate female presenters.
  • jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Why was Willbooby replaced anyway?

The way Philip speaks and shouts randomly annoys me. He certainly doesn't have much chemistry with his female co-hosts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is improving as a host week by week.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christine's career has plummeted in my opinion. She must look back at The One Show and wonder to herself how on earth did she go from being a highly thought of co presenter on a very successful show at the BBC, to basically being a bit of fluff who wears an evening dress, gets her hair curly and asks the judges on Dancing on Ice a few daft questions, while Schofield hogs the limelight as usual !!!!

When Nina Ulanova asked Philip if she could hold the microphone this evening while she was trying to make a point about something, he blatently refused to give it to her and really rudely told her no.... it was his !!!!

If that's what he is like about a microphone, I can only imagine what his attitude is behind the scenes therefore, when it comes to the distribution of power in the presenting roles. Its clear Christine has been allocated NOT a co-presenting role at all, but a bit part where she is reduced to a few very repetitive sound bites with the judges.

The glory days of the BBC must seem a dim and distant memory now.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why was Willbooby replaced anyway?

The way Philip speaks and shouts randomly annoys me. He certainly doesn't have much chemistry with his female co-hosts.

Holly chose to leave as she's presenting The Voice on the BBC & schedules clashed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phillip Schofield HAS to control everything that he's involved with.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christine is unrecognisable to the funny relaxed presenter she was on The One Show. She looks so uptight and rigid on DOI with a ghastly fixed smile. It's sad to see her like this. I can see her finishing with TV at this rate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    the mail has it that she is looking for work in LA
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    shefair wrote: »
    the mail has it that she is looking for work in LA

Shouldn't be too hard.

Lots of restaurants need waitresses.