Dean Dare wrote: »
    I would rather have a female dr, and I am totally opposed to a female dr

why are you opposed to a female doctor :confused:
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dear god no, i would stop watching it i think

I just don't like the idea of a time lord changing sex, it is just wrong. I honestly believe the idea came about as a joke and has gotten out of hand, The Dr is a man and should always be a man. Strangely however I don't have a problem with a coloured doctor just female
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dear god no, i would stop watching it i think

No way in hell I'd be watching if Brand were The Doctor, can't stand him.

For me a female Doctor is a tough sell tbh. It would be difficult to make people believe its the same character, after all they are still supposed to be the same person that started out as Hartnell, plus if it didn't take with the general audience not the fans then the ratings could then be a problem rather than they are currently. Also if that were the case then they would try and revert back and she (no matter how good an actor she is) would either be the worst Doctor or blamed for its decline/failure.

Doesn't mean it won't happen eventually, time will tell.........
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I would to see Rusty as 12 :D
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    I think he'd be excellent.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    I would rather have a female dr, and I am totally opposed to a female dr

I was thinking the very same thing. Cant abide Russell Brand at the best of times (always think he looks like he could do with a good wash :p)

Also Dr Who is a man....not a woman. The women in the Dr's life have always been his side kicks.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have faith that the production team have the sense not to cast him so I wouldn't worry.
  • SexyDavrosSexyDavros Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I have faith that the production team have the sense not to cast him so I wouldn't worry.

"Hazbeen comic with faded Hollywood career makes a statement to get his scruffy face in the papers"
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    SexyDavros wrote: »
    "Hazbeen comic with faded Hollywood career makes a statement to get his scruffy face in the papers"
    Indeed so!
    Actually for all his faults he's not a bad actor, and could have pleasantly surprised everyone in the role of the Doctor.
    Not going to happen though.........
    :)
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for Brand. He gets a rough old time...partly of his own making...due to his public persona but he writes very well, seems very thoughtful and switched on and all in all a decent sort. As the doctor? Probably not but its a better shout than Chris Moyles (or a woman).
  • snakecharmer37snakecharmer37 Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    If this poor excuse of a human ever became the Doctor, then it would be finished. That.......I hesitate to call him a man, is so disliked after the Sachsgate farce.
    Then there's the fact he is a woman beater, a heroin addict and been arrested more times I can count.
    Sure, he would be a fantastic role model wouldn't he....I don't think.
    You may as well have Pol Pot as the next Doctor, he would be less controversial.
  • mikey1980mikey1980 Posts: 3,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He can want to be Doctor Who, but he never will be.

He has no gravitas and no screen presence. To be honest, I don't find him remotely funny.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Fail to see the appeal of Brand he is about as funny as leprosy and as appealing as a squashed hedgehog .And please no more threads or debates about a female Doctor, thats been done to death and there are still a number of open threads on that matter.
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't like him at all at all. Especially after that unforgivable trick he and his almost equally reprehensible colleague John Ross played on Andrew Sachs.

Wait a minute... there's a thought... Andrew Sachs as the Doctor? ¿Qué?
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    The BBC saw the remake of Arthur

They know he can't act.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    The BBC saw the remake of Arthur

They know he can't act.

Aah but think of the yoof appeal !:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no :mad:no ax
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is getting silly! As I said before I reckon The Doctor is already cast.
  • GilaGoraGilaGora Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd probably boycott the show forever. Brand is so irritating it's unreal.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I think he could be rather funny. Though I'd rather he do a tv show about his Goth Detectives partnership with Noel Fielding rather than take the lead role of 'sumink' else that's already established.
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill P wrote: »
    This is getting silly! As I said before I reckon The Doctor is already cast.

It's not silly guessing who is who next is part of the fun, I don't care if they've cast already I'm enjoying this
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russell Brand wants a slap. Cock.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Just no..

Oily little creep. :mad:
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russell Brand can cluck off. He's about as funny as a nuclear accident, and less interesting to have in Doctor Who.
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    If Russell Brand was The Doctor, would it really still be believable that he was travelling through space and time with a nubile young companion, but he wasn't sh*gg*ng her?