Options

Luc Hemingway & Eddi Mckee Appreciation thread: LEDDIE! (P3)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,851
Administrator
Maria747 wrote: »
Its great to hear from you Laura, sorry to hear you are abit unwell but hope you're on the road to recovery.

@superdooper, I still haven't voted on Holby tv yet, I am stuck in certain categories, as I want more than one person to return for example.

I loved Kinky Boots and would watch it again with anyone who hasn't seen it, still haven't seen IGIAY yet, almost everyone says JM's scene is the funniest comic scene, although the film was okish overall.

According to his JMnews twitter run by his website, he's been doing loads of interviews about his Dead2 film as well, it seems the americans loved it and there is a battle going on by 2 big studios for the distribution rights. I think this will propel JM to do alot of action films maybe. Plus, Dead2 is being screened/nominated in Spain film festival. He also mentioned that he's had interest for quite a few projects. He's hoping to do that Werewolf western film in Spain in November (funding is almost completed), it looks like Repercussion will probably be filmed early next year though.

This week's Holby, despite the suspension of reality, I really enjoyed Holby and I thought Hanssen got a well deserved and fitting end for his character arc. Its a first in a long time that Holby writers have actually done something right to a well loved character in my view. They had time to develop his character further and plan his exit well as Guy said when he signed another year he said it would be his last whereas with Luc's ending it was a little rushed.
I was very moved by Malick and Hanssen's scene as well as Hanssen and Chantelle scenes. I wonder how she will exit Holby now, maybe give up nursing and dos something else. I agree with superdooper, it would have been an even more interesting and harrowing storyline if Eddi and Luc were involved but I think Luc would have been less bumbling than Arthur and would have been more focused and in control on Eddi medically as he was good at medicating Eddi when she was fitting in the basement, and I could have imagined a scene with Luc talking to Eddi when she is heavily sedated and declaring his feelings to her and talking to Sacha whilst he's operating and talking how he feels about Eddi. Whenever Sacha questioned Luc about Eddi he has always brushed his feelings for Eddi aside.
Continuation of: Luc Hemingway & Eddi Mckee Appreciation thread: LEDDIE! (P2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Woohoo! We are on P3!!! The fact that it's 1 year since Eddi's departure is a testament to how popular this couple is! I really hope they return to Holby one day. Had a bit of a moment after listening to Oliver Kent's interview. Thought he said we've got some returns and I (I know he's talking about Dominic) thought wouldn't it be great if one Tuesday, Eddi were to return without any prior announcement, just like when she left :D:D followed by Luc :D Although sometimes I worry cos I don't trust the writers and they do say be careful of what you wish for!

Loved Holby this week. Wish they had given Luc a similar exit to Hanssen's. Showed him turning up in Kerala and meeting Eddi. Wonder if they would have done that if SJP had been in UK. I think Luc in the same situ as Digby would have been more in control especially considering what happened when he was drunk (& not in control) to Elise.

@laura Sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you are continuing to get better. Hang in there!

@maria Thanks for the links. Voted in both although as you mentioned, it was hard to pick one when I wanted both!! Hope they both do well this time too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Thankyou to everyone whos said to get better, it will take time, i just pray i can battle this illness. Also the fact we are on part three, woo!:D- I watched Holby for the first time in a few weeks, as it just hasnt been the same without Luc and Eddi, i miss them honestly like mad. I still would do anything to get the chance to meet the pair:D.

Hope everyone is well. Any good fanfics going about for Leddi?:)
  • Options
    Maria747Maria747 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waah !:D Can't believe it, we have managed a leddi part 3 thread. We have kept leddi alive, what an achievement.

@Ella,
    After listening to Kent's interview, I was totally disappointed when he used the words 'juicy' and 'spice things up'. To me its sounds that they are going to bring more soapish, silly and unrealistic storylines to the show. The returns don't seem exciting at all. I am kind of watching it as I am used to watching the show but apart from a few characters, i am not really avidly taking a great interest
    Alot of Casualty fans stopped watching the show and been angry because he tampered with the show with such outlandish plots. Kitkat was saying, we won't really see how good or bad HC series 16 is going till about end of Jan to mid feb time. Tbh, I can we may have a dip in form in the series to come now that Kent is in charge. Justin Young had his last input in S15 ep 52.

With regards to Luc and Eddi return, I can't see it happening any time soon (although I would love for a return, even if it was a 6 month term), realistically maybe end of next year, if it does happens. He's got a film project coming up next month and Repercussion has been pushed to Jan 2014 and JM did mention some other tv work. Things change alot in actor's schedule
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @maria
    I agree completely about Oliver Kent. That's why I'm cautious about wishing a Leddie return while he is in charge. Sometimes I worry, we desperately want a Leddie return but what if they bring them back only to split them up to create 'juicy' and 'spicy' storylines. We know writers don't like happy couples too much. And as you say it sounds like Holby is going to become more 'soapy'!
    While I love Eddi & Luc as individuals, I love them even more as a couple and I would hate having to watch them move on & get involved with others & not interact with each other (it was bad enough having to watch Eddi & Max although I knew he was in it for only a few episodes & Luc was going to return). If that is the case I wouldn't want them to return! I don't mind them having arguments, misunderstandings, etc but as long as they remain a couple in the long term (like in Superdooper's fic The Big One):) In my mind, they are together somewhere in Kerala or back in Blighty but together! And I wouldn't want that tainted by a return which would lead to a permanent split :( even though I miss them like crazy! Hope that makes sense!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Ive recently just been on instagram and seen the image which Sarah-Jane has posted. I think its rather cute to be honest, how their labelled evil twin one and two:D
    I would love for a Leddi return to be honest, but i think their to busy at the minute, cant see that happening at the minute!
    -Would love for sacha to just get a card from the pair as in Luc and Eddi, to say they have found one another and have settled down!:(
  • Options
    superdoopersuperdooper Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe we're on part three! Just looking back and the whole of the part two thread was after Eddi left, all 3,000+ posts! Even at the start of that thread, I don't think any of us would have dreamed that we'd be here at this point in time. Just goes to show really, you never quite know where life will take you, eve if it is just in terms of a beloved fictional pairing!

Thanks for all the info Maria, it's good to hear that JM has lots of stuff potentially lined up and that hopefully we will be able to see him in different roles. I also agree with you about Hansen's ending. It was very apt for the character and of course Guy acted it so brilliantly. I found it quite moving really, but in a quiet way which felt appropriate for Henrik's demeanor :)

I've always felt that I'd prefer a short-term Leddi return, if we had one at all. I simply don't trust that they could stay in the show for a prolonged length of time and not be tarnished in some way. I would hate for there to be an affair or break-up after break-up, it would frustrate no end. I'd love it if they could be part of a special. You could quite easily do a storyline where Holby networks with another hospital and it just happens to be the one where Leddi are working! Or even if Sacha manages to finally find a woman that deserves him and then they can return to see him get hitched :D

I must get on and do the West End vote as well...and must make sure I actually go to the West End whilst I'm in London - another thing that I never would have thought would have happened when we started part two of this crazy thread!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @Ella,
    I agree with you, I would be very cautious for a leddi return with Kent at the helm. Kitkat said as a Jac and Joseph fan, TPTB split them up and kept them apart for 2 years in the show only to get them back together for 2 episodes before Joseph upped and left Holby.
    If Kent is going to tamper and sensationalise silly storyline plots with popular characters for the sake of soap ratings than I'd rather have a leddi storyline ended the way it did, where the writers implied that Luc met up with Eddi in Kerala and are now together somewhere. I am all for artistic licence for a popular romantic pairing but with a sense of realism as well and this coupl weree meant to be together as they were two flawed characters who had traumatic pasts, in a way Hanssen was meant to be with Maja, albeit 25-26 years later and his character arc was written very well.:)

@ superdooper,
    I also like your view for a short-term leddi return rather than a 2-3 year haul (I think Luc and Eddi storyline would have been superb the first time round with a 2-3 year term and it would have given the writers plenty of time to plan their story and character arcs in depth and build up their exits in a good way like the way they planned Hanssen's exit) and I now don't trust the writers to do their characters justice the 2nd time round and to get good HEA, both characters have to leave at the same time.
    The writers have kind of tampered with Arthur and Chantelle in a way, where they got our hopes up but its all fizzled out that Chantelle is leaving. Am definitely up for a Holby special.:D

With regards to Hanssen's ending, I liked the way he left in an understated but beautiful way, and a character exit doesn't have to go with a 'big bang' like a death, injury or a scandal.:)

Go for it to the Westend superdooper. I wish I could see a show every week. I heard the last night of Macbeth was awesome, I knew someone who went and there were quite a few flowers on the stage and she said JM absolutely outstanding with his performance.:)

ETA: According to Howard J Ford's fan page, The Dead 2 has had quite good the american reviews, the Americans seemed to like the film alot and said it was a much better alternative zombie film than World War z. There is a big fight over distribution rights by two big US studios.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have done all the voting, Thanks for the links Maria!! :D Hope Leddi do well in the votes, there hasn't been many couples this year actually so they might to well in the pairings.

So proud of us that we got to a Part 3!! The main Holby thread is only on Part 4!! Crazy! Cant believe it was a year ago and how gutted we all were about Eddis exit. [I still am!] :cry:

I agree with you @Superdooper, I'd like a short term Leddi return. I dont even want them to have their own storyline, I'd just like them to pop in, perhaps we guests at someones wedding or something. A laid back return with no other reason than to 'pop in and say Hi' type thing. Would be nice to see them happy. I do miss them onscreen like mad, but in a way im kind of happy they're not around as I wont be watching for a while!

Thats me off up to London in an hour, do keep posting on here and keep me updated with everything! I'll post the link to my blog when its all sorted and I'll try and post on here as much as I can, keep tweeting too! :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    @maria
    Yes I loved Hanssen's exit and that they reunited him with his family. Wish we'd had something similar when Luc left but SJP wasn't here so it wouldn't have been possible. Sometimes I wonder what they think of all that happened - SJP wished to leave to go to LA and that sort of led to Luc leaving & now SJP is back in UK with JM :D

@superdooper
    I love your idea of a Leddie special or an appearance at Sasha's wedding! Yes a long term return wouldn't work for them. We certainly don't want them to become the Kat & Alfie of Holby :eek: You definitely should try & see some of the shows. Went last week to see The Bodyguard. Hated the movie but loved the show. Was also nice to see Tristan Gemmill who I quite liked in Casualty but a bit weird to hear him speak with an American accent :confused: That was another pairing I liked, Adam & Jessica, although not like Leddie but that was doomed.

@hatz
    Bon Voyage! Looking forward to your tweets and blog from down under! Have a great time & see you in a year's time, hopefully at the Repercussion premiere :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @hatz,
    Have a fantastic journey and great adventure in Oz. Really going to miss you big time here. Keep tweeting and see you in London next year as Ella says a leddi reunion with Repercussion opening night.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those who went to the Globe,
    Anyone remember this bit? Someone managed to capture the finale jig on their mobile. I really loved it, it ended too soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3lUi6ppRAI

Last week's Holby, I thought it was very good and I thought Jimmy Akingbola acted really well, his story was very moving.

Hope all is well with rest of the leddi contingent. Nice to hear from hatz and she reached safely, it looks like she's have a great time in Oz from her tweets.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Hey all sorry I've not been on I know I said I would post like 2weeks but my mum had a back op so been busy with her and work.
    Hope everyone is well.
    @superdopper hope ur enjoying ur new job

Been loving jac lately on holby she's had some funny lines. N oh my days the puppies were gorgeous. Harry and digby annoyed me in the ep with the bomb. Harry is just too arrogant thinking he knows better then the bomb squad or army I think after the incident he may calm down abit with his over confidence I hope so but I doubt it. And digby I do like him but he is too shy and he's putting patiences at risk when he doesn't speak up although I do honk there is too much pressure on him to do well. Is that new doctor staying long?? Cos after 1 ep I want her gone already lol.

Maria thanks for the link to that interview defiantly sounds like they will be doing 2 films together and that there is interest in them working together on other projects which is very good shows a lot of people like the connection they have together

Am happy people are still writing leddi FICs although I have not had a chance to read any I have emailed myself links so will be reason them as soon as I get a chance.

Maria have to agree with you with regards to Hansen he was very underused I think they could have done a lot more with him in the time they had him I thought after the nail shooting thing (which i found stupid, either to all out or dot bother) they would have gone more into his reaction to it and the OCD that he was supposed to develop didn't really go anywhere.

As for the new characters coming in I have not heard anything about them and I've not read any spoilers as not had any time. so suppose will be a surprise when they are on screen like I don't know anything about zoisca or whatever she's called and I instantly don't like her hope the other characters are better.

Just read that dominc will be back and that there will be tension between him and Arthur. But how can Dominic cell back didn't he accuse malick of killing someone surly he wouldn't be aloud back to
    Holby and other hospital staff would not be happy will him and be very carful around him.

Missed by any means but it does sound good will have to watch it on catchup

Superdooper I think your right with regards to zosia having a academic family and I think if the new character is her dad she will do stuff to get a reaction and make him look bad.

Hatz glad to hear its all coming together for you. Will look forward to reading ur blog. Hope you have an amazing time.

Maria am with u we should all meet up may be for repercussion.

Superdooper not had a chance to read the last chapter of your fanfic but will do as soon as I get a chance.

I can't believe it has been a year since the Sachas wedding and luc kidnapping eddi that has flown!!

Just voted for everything leddi on holby awards :D

@laura
    Hope ur feeling better soon

Wow part 3 that is crazy there not even in the show anymore and we are still talking about them it's great :D

I am still upset about eddis exit it was just so out of the blue I was totally blindsided. But do have to agree with you all that a short term come back would be much better then long term. Less chance they would mess it up lol. I think eddi could come back to support Sacha though Christies death/divorce (which ever happens) then luc follows on and as eddi is chatting with Sacha luc just walks up and kisses her and says sorry am late or something then they get dragged into work coz of some major accident and aau being understaffed and we get to see them work together again bicker and fight but saving lives. Could have a staff member who doesn't know they be like are they really a couple they argue so much. The Leddie leave when Sacha is back to his happy bubble shelf to meet up with Liam eddis bro. Yeah that will never happen but it's a nice thought.

Hatz
    Have a great time and fun adventure make sure to post lots of pics and tweets. Going to be odd without u on here.

Maria thx for the YouTube vid I loved that ending.

Sorry if this is really long and doesn't make much sense but I have been writing this post for like a month. My mums back op didn't really work and I've worked about 39hrs overtime and then digital spy wouldn't let me log in to post for some reason :/

Anyway hope everyone is good and hopefully I won't leave it so long for my next post
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BODDY
    sorry it's taken me soo long to reply :o

And really sorry to hear about your work, hope u get another job soon. I bought the elementary DVD online as didn't want to wait till December for it to come out in the uk. Both elementary and the mentalist has started again in us so I've been watching online and Oh My Days you have got a lot to look forward to I can't wait for you to see them so we can talk. With tm afew of my suspicions as to who RJ isn't have come true so very happy with that don't want to say to much and give it away but I think I have watched 5 eps and everyone is soo good. With elementary it s good to see how sherlock and Watson are getting on now that she has been a detective abit longer and also get to see them in London and sherlocks old stomping ground is interesting. Have u heard when they are coming on here yet?? Or have they already started?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 415
    Forum Member
    Sickhed wrote: »
    BODDY
    sorry it's taken me soo long to reply :o

And really sorry to hear about your work, hope u get another job soon. I bought the elementary DVD online as didn't want to wait till December for it to come out in the uk. Both elementary and the mentalist has started again in us so I've been watching online and Oh My Days you have got a lot to look forward to I can't wait for you to see them so we can talk. With tm afew of my suspicions as to who RJ isn't have come true so very happy with that don't want to say to much and give it away but I think I have watched 5 eps and everyone is soo good. With elementary it s good to see how sherlock and Watson are getting on now that she has been a
    detective abit longer and also get to see them in London and sherlocks old stomping ground is interesting. Have u heard when they are coming on here yet?? Or have they already started?

Hey SICKHED nice to hear from you. Hope ur mums op went well.
    ahhhh its been a killer his past month trying not to read tm spoilers but ive really tried. I know a few bits but on a whole been good. Cant wait till tues 9pm channel 5 ill be overcome with excitment. Dont tell me anything yet ill post again on tues after the epis. Elementary started last week on sky but its on same time as tm this week gonna gave to recird it as tm will always come 1st for me. Im thinking tm will either go with a rj we know like haffner or a rj we dont lknow like sherriff mccallister but u prob know if im wrong if ur on epis 5 already!!! Will u be watching tm again on tv too tues? lol.ill Post back tues.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sickhed
    i secretly hoping RJ is going to be sheriff mcallister as ive seen him in something else as a baddy & he played it really well.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all!

I've been lurking but busy with new baby so not posting. Baby Ollie is doing great and was Christened on Saturday. We had a really lovely day.

So, has anyone else noticed on twitter JM wants to rent his place out for 3 mths next year? LA bound for work maybe? Long wedding/honeymoon break??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sickhed
    omg that was a good premiere epis of tm. Soooooo glad RJ is not PARTRIDGE!! people have been convinced it was him from the start of tm but he seemed too weak somehow to be rj & way to obvious (along with kirkland fbi guy.) Im sticking with haffner or the sherriff. Roll on epi 2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Boddy
    i didn't realise I was on this Friday so didn't watch it but never thought it was partridge he was too weak like u say and he was like a fan of rj rather then rj is u get me. I managed to no read any spoilers but that's only coz I've been too busy :( I do think its the sheriff as he has been then there from the start.
    I thought elementary was great and his brother was good.and then the plastic gun was soo good but on the news the other week said they have raided afew houses in Manchester and found 3d printer making guns :o the new ep that was on Friday was soo funny cant wait for u to see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sickhed
    i havent watch epi 2 of elementary yet as both tm & eleme are on at 9pm on tues nights now. So i watched tm last night & gonna watch elementary tonight as recorded it. I need it had a bad day so something to look fwd too. Weird thou tm on a tues night??Oh its so good u think the sherriff is RJ too! im not alone. When Rj drew the smily blood face on lisbons face i was actually squirming! i really beginning to kind of like rj in a weird way. Lol. what does that say about me!! :eek: ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Boddy
    2nd ep of elementary is very good get to learn more about why Watson left medicine & Sherlock is a good friend to her. I watch Tm on Monday morning as its aired in USA on Sunday night. So watching Tuesday night isn't that weird omg u like rj?:confused::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sickhed
    lol :D ok maybe LIKE is the wrong word but im liking the fact RJ will now be a reg this series & it makes the show more exciting rather than just the dull weekly murder they norm do. Ill post my views on both epis. Off to watch epis 2 of sherlock now ;)
  • Options
    superdoopersuperdooper Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely to hear from everyone! Glad that baby Ollie is doing so well Mistified :)

Just catching up with this week's Holby now - AAU definitely isn't what it used to be!

JM's new FB profile picture is a nice one - him and SJP laughing in the field of kidnapping(!) with JM commenting that it was taken "before we knew we knew"

Hopefully we'll hear more about Repercussions or other work soon.

ETA: For a little while now I've also been wondering if Lauren and Rob (Chantelle/Digby) are together in real life...Tina (Chrissie) put a picture of the three of them meeting up where the L&R looked a bit coupley and L's current FB cover picture (I've not been stalking honest ;):D:o) has her with a few Holbiers but she is holding Rob's hand. Plus it seems Lauren has joined twitter with the name Ostmond1 which is a portmanteau of their names. #overanalysis But not sure as actors often can look really close even if they're just mates. They would make a nice couple though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mistified
    Wonderful to hear that baby Ollie is doing well. Yes, I did notice JM's tweet and thought it must be work related. The movie in Spain perhaps? But then SJP must be out of the country as well. Maybe visiting LA because it seems as if Buster is in LA with his dad. Or as you say, it could be work in LA. So it could be an opportunity for all of them to be together. But I just noticed his tweet today, about a wedding suit! Hopefully he's talking about his own wedding. So you could be right about the wedding/honeymoon too :D
    I hope it's that! How exciting! :D:D

Superdooper
    Thanks for the update about his FB profile picture! A lovely shot, wonder who took it. Yesterday when I saw Lauren's twitter name, I did wonder whether she and Rob are a couple, especially considering I don't think she's filming at Holby any longer but maybe they are very close friends. I wouldn't be surprised if they are a couple because we know that the show has already produced at least 1 real life couple! And I agree, they'd look very cute together.:)

In other news, lovely to see Leddie being placed among the top 3 in quite a few categories in Holbytv awards. Eddi's done very well considering, as someone on twitter pointed out, she was only in 2 episodes in Series 15!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad everyone is chipping in this thread and you are all fine.:D
    I have been busy working but have half term off so I can catch up here.

@sickhed,
    Really hope your Mum gets better somehow, stay positive and keep your Mum positive.:)

@Mystified, so happy to hear about baby Ollie doing well, and am so glad you are still with us.:D

@superdooper, I really love that natural picture in the field of their kidnap shoot. I am sure Lauren and Rob have been a couple for some time from a tweet ages ago. Its got to be in the air or water down at Elstree.:)

With regards to the Holby tv awards, in case anyone wants a look below at the link.
    I thought Luc and Eddi individually and leddi storyline did very well considering the actors weren't together in the series for long. Glad that Hanssen/Hemingway episode won, as Luc and Hanssen really shone here. It shows that Luc and Eddi are still significant and well loved characters and many general Holby viewers would love to see them return as well as us avid leddi fans.

http://www.holby.tv/community/index.php?/topic/71580-2910-holbytv-awards-results/#entry3448592

With regards to JM's tweets, I kind of feel a wedding is creeping up soon, maybe on new years eve/day.:D They have been engaged for quite a long while now and he had to get his Macbeth season out the way and I think SJP is filming some tv or film project now as well.
    From what I understood from the latest instagrams, he was recording some radio play in between the film/tv projects. His werewolf/western film in Spain is supposed to be in November and Repercussion is in January. I have a feeling he has some LA projects to do, hence the 3 month rent on his place. His Dead 2 film seems to have done quite well in the US which is what the Ford brothers were marketing it for.

BTW, did anyone see 'Poirot' yesterday ? I missed it but will catch it up as James Anderson was in it.

ETA: If possible, its just a suggestion, it would be lovely to all try and meet up for a day next summer again (long days/better weather) for a meet up in London, if its logistically possible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ETA: In one of his tweets, he mentioned he's shooting a short film at the moment.

Yay! I am top of the page.:D:o