Options

drawn on eyebrows , how ridiculous?

mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
Forum Member
✭✭
i think some young women have lost it.... what is it with shaving off your eyebrows only to paint on hideous big think ones?

they look odd enough with their orange spray tans, ott white teeth that luminesce in the dark, but this great thick black eyebrows make them look like clowns!

whats wrong with natural beauty? id sooner see a more plain girl with natural features complimentarily enhanced by sensible make up then these freaky ott strongly coloured ones.

thoughts?

ps... i know that eyebrows have been enhanced by pencils for decades, im not talking about those which were sensible, im talking about the big thick draw ons ...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think some young women have lost it.... what is it with shaving off your eyebrows only to paint on hideous big think ones?

they look odd enough with their orange spray tans, ott white teeth that luminesce in the dark, but this great thick black eyebrows make them look like clowns!

whats wrong with natural beauty? id sooner see a more plain girl with natural features complimentarily enhanced by sensible make up then these freaky ott strongly coloured ones.

thoughts?

Agreed, but it's the extensioned, Kia-Ora "too orangey for crows" (only folks of a certain age that will get that!!) brigade that turns heads.

Both in RL & nightclubs. No sale for me though.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Ridiculous 'fashion'. Women rip their eyebrow hairs out for years and then wonder why they have to use fake methods to look 'normal' again.
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be your dog!
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    i used to do this in the seventies, different eyebrows every day in some interesting shades, shapes and positions. what the **** must i have looked like.
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a girl in the supermarket with what I can only describe as clown eyebrows, like a thick high arch over each eye. I'm sure they'll look back in years to come and shout at their mothers for letting them go out like that!
  • Options
    SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Divine would have the front part of his head shaved so he could have more room for eyebrows:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/10/25/arts/25DIVINE/25DIVINE-videoSixteenByNine600-v2.jpg
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember my mum back in the 60's drawing on her eyebrows it's hardly a new thing. Also I have never plucked my eye brows but just last night I thought perhaps I could draw some on as menopause seems to have plucked them rather sparse for me.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    As someone who has the bushiest eyebrows if I don't pluck them I just don't understand this trend for thick eyebrows, I spend ages shaping and plucking them and you have women painting on ones that look like slugs.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex gf had drawn on eyebrows, but she had cancer when she was younger and they never grew back after treatment. She was pretty self-conscious about it, but she did them well and I thought they suited her.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Eyebrows are there for a purpose, why pluck them all out? Brooke Shields did a wonderful thing when she made thicker eyebrows fashionable, perhaps another role model will appear to make women look normal once again.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a Polish woman in my town who has blue drawn on eyebrows.:confused:
  • Options
    Glitterbug13Glitterbug13 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    They look hilarious! Last weekend I saw a make up counter women with the most ridiculous eyebrows ever. I wouldn't have gone to her for advice ;)
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My partner has them tattooed on! She had them waxed once to see if it would look any better than plucking and they never grew back! It made her feel very self conscious! She only wanted them shaped but the waxer went too far and removed one of them completely!
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I told my wife that she had drawn her eyebrows on way too high.

She looked really surprised.
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    Eyebrows are there for a purpose, why pluck them all out? Brooke Shields did a wonderful thing when she made thicker eyebrows fashionable, perhaps another role model will appear to make women look normal once again.

Dennis Healey's not doing much these days, they could find him a trendy frock :cool:
  • Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    I told my wife that she had drawn her eyebrows on way too high.

She looked really surprised.

:rolleyes::D
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're like Groucho Marx's painted-on moustache - only that was meant to be funny. Can you imagine the ridicule a bloke would get if he painted a goatee or big handlebar face wig on for a night out? Or shaved his head and sprayed the top black.
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are talking about the Wow Brow - bloody awful look :eek: Brows should not be messed with.
  • Options
    ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,166
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    Dennis Healey's not doing much these days, they could find him a trendy frock :cool:

I've got a male friend who has eyebrows that curl up to the edge of his baldy head. Denis Healey has a BIG contender because Denis would look better in a frock than my male friend. Picture Catweazle in drag. I leave you with that image. :D
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My ex gf had drawn on eyebrows, but she had cancer when she was younger and they never grew back after treatment. She was pretty self-conscious about it, but she did them well and I thought they suited her.

Yes people don't seem to realise there can be serious reasons a person has to do it. Can't help with people like your girlfriends self consciousness. Hope she is completely recovered and cured now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can be drawn on/tattooed in a way that looks realistic which I have no issue with.

The 70s pencil brow/Pamela Anderson tattooed ****-brow/ridiculous Scouse Gallagher brow look is utterly hideous, however.
  • Options
    PrincessEssexPrincessEssex Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am surprised Bailey from Educating Yorkshire hasn't been mentioned yet as I know she is a favourite on DS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OcQjBVZNuI
  • Options
    SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Done well they look good, done badly they don't. Just like everything in life.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    They look hilarious! Last weekend I saw a make up counter women with the most ridiculous eyebrows ever. I wouldn't have gone to her for advice ;)

Women who work at make up counters always seem to be really bad at make up, often hilariously bad.