Options

Best/Worst Break Up Lines Translated

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,047
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Following on from the "Lets Just Be Friends" Thread - I thought I'd start one up for the best/worst lines uttered when breaking up/dumping someone and what they really mean....

Its not you its me= it's most definately you, I can't believe I lowered my standards enough to go out with you in the first place.

I'm not ready for a relationship right now.... = ....with you. I do want to get married/have kids/settle down - just not with you.

Your too good for me = I am too good for you, and by telling you that your too good for me I am hoping to make you feel better about being unceremoniously dumped and therefore alleviate some of the guilt I feel about dumping you.

You deserve better than me= you couldn't do better than me if you lost 3 stone had all over cosmetic surgery and won the lottery, however I need to let you down gently so that you don't slit yr wrists and make me feel guiltier than I already do.

I can't give you what you need = Actually I could - but I just don't want to - erm sorry.

Can we still be friends= 1) I might still want to sh*g you if there's a bit of drought so I don't want to completely p*ss you off/ I want to keep my options open. However if I do find someone better don't bother calling me because I will have changed my mobile number

2) I don't like you in that way- but I feel so guilty because your such a nice person/a bit wet/ a bit of loony/bunny boiler... so I want to do this s l o w l y so that I can let you down gently.....therefore I shall call you in a week for a rather awkward conversation, which may in turn may give you false hope that we may get back together but to be honest - I prefer that to you causing a scene now.