Options

How do books get Kindled?

IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
Forum Member
I can understand that new or recently produced books are produced in a format that could be converted to Kindle if the publishers so wish but what about older books?

I know the Oooold classics are freely available but what about the millions that are neither classic nor modern? How do they become in Kindle format, and how do they decide? Does the "Tell the publisher you want to see this book in Kindle" click on Amazon have an impact?

Comments

• Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    I can understand that new or recently produced books are produced in a format that could be converted to Kindle if the publishers so wish but what about older books?

I know the Oooold classics are freely available but what about the millions that are neither classic nor modern? How do they become in Kindle format, and how do they decide? Does the "Tell the publisher you want to see this book in Kindle" click on Amazon have an impact?

With older books it's up to the publisher of the book how they distribute it.
  • Options
    GetFrodoGetFrodo Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actual conversion would be pretty straightforward as long as you have an electronic copy of the text, but most authors will have been sending manuscripts to publishers in this way for years...