Albums that were recorded but either cancelled/unreleased.

Comments

• glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Victoria Beckhams 2nd album never came to light. It's a shame actually because I think the 1st singles (This Groove/Let Your Head Go) are two of the best Spice solo offerings after Melanie Cs stuff.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney Spears was going to be Original Doll but was scrapped when she fell pregnant i believe.

Obviously Prince's black album which has since been released.

Personally i hate when albums get scarapped usually it's because they aren't commercially viable so the new albums tend to be less interesting.
  • If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I believe Paloma Faith finished recording her sophmore album well over a year ago and still no word of a release.

Looks like Paloma and Marina are in the same boat :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Paloma and Marina are in the same boat :(

It's a shame both fantastic debuts and surprising as Paloma sold at least 500k+ :confused:
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Doesn't Britney have an unreleased album? Or is that just wishful thinking on her fans behalf?

I think she did and it was called Original Doll AFAIK.
    Girls can't catch album was scrapped due to being dropped. It included one song written by Pixie lott.

That was a shame :( I was looking forward to their album.
  • If_U_Seek_AmyIf_U_Seek_Amy Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    It's a shame both fantastic debuts and surprising as Paloma sold at least 500k+ :confused:

That's what worries me, if Paloma is facing these difficulties what chance does Marina have?
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Silver Bell by Patty Griffin,was supposed to be her third album in 2000 before A&M cancelled its release. It did leak out though and is widely available from various sources.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    When The Cure released 4:13 Dream in 2008 there were an album's worth of darker tracks intended to be released as another album in 2009.

We're still waiting, Robert.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I've just remember Shirley Manson. She said that she recorded a load of tracks only for the record company to tell her they didn't like her direction. She then stopped recorded and said she was leaving the music industry :cry:

However, a new Garbage album is finally coming! Thank god! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anastacia started working on an album closer to her self-titled one in 2006/2007 but scrapped the songs when she changed labels and brought out Heavy Rotation in 2008...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victoria Beckham's 2nd album leaked and it's great!!

Give It All Away, Generate The Flow, Should've Known Better - 3 quality pop tunes
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's what worries me, if Paloma is facing these difficulties what chance does Marina have?

Yes it does which makes no sense as La roux only sold 350k+ and are supposed to be releasing this year though i fear like ting tings they may have scrapped and started over a few times usually tends to be he case when someone disappears for almost 3 years
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney - Original Doll....I WANT it!!!! Rebellion, Mona Lisa and State Of Grace sounded amazing...I wish we'd got to hear the full versions...there was a lot of controversy surrounding this album and fears that she would reveal things that certain people didn't want made public so I think that was also part of the reason Jive cancelled the album so quickly...
  • Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sneaker Pimps recorded songs intended for a fourth studio album, dubbed 'SP4' by the fans, but it was shelved by their record company.

When Chris left the group in 2003, he used a lot of the songs for the first two IAMX albums. The demo album can be found online.

:)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Britney - Original Doll....I WANT it!!!! Rebellion, Mona Lisa and State Of Grace sounded amazing...I wish we'd got to hear the full versions...there was a lot of controversy surrounding this album and fears that she would reveal things that certain people didn't want made public so I think that was also part of the reason Jive cancelled the album so quickly...

I wonder if it will ever get released? I would love that album. On the upside, we mightn't have got In The Zone if Original Doll had been released. Still, hopefully it'll eventually get released.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if it will ever get released? I would love that album. On the upside, we mightn't have got In The Zone if Original Doll had been released. Still, hopefully it'll eventually get released.

I'm not sure....sadly I have a feeling that the Chaotic EP is as close as we're going to get, unless of course the tracks get stolen and leaked...
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Anastacia started working on an album closer to her self-titled one in 2006/2007 but scrapped the songs when she changed labels and brought out Heavy Rotation in 2008...

That was a bad move - how to lose your entire fanbase in one easy step
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Morrissey recorded a load of songs in 1989/90 for his second solo album called 'Bona Drag' and he scrapped it. The majority of the songs were released as singles/B-sides in the end and the name was retained for a compilation released late '90. Perversely, the album that he recorded to replace it, released in 1991, called 'Kill Uncle', is regarded amongst fans & critics as his worst! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Paul McCartney:
    He was going to release a double album half of unreleased songs and half of greatest hits a couple of times but never did, they were called 'Hot Hits, Cold Cuts'. A few of the songs then were from an unreleased double album in 1972 that ended up as Red Rose Speedway.

Example Tracks:
    Waterspout (shame this never got released)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw9VdbYjenc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uNL6tV7JN4

Then he made an album of songs for a soundtrack for a Rupert the Bear film that got no release as the film went unmade

Example Tracks:
    When the Wind is Blowing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH0BKKsk2Uk

Then in the late 80s, he made an album called 'Return to Pepperland' but after Press to Play flopped he was forced to release a compilation album instead.

Example tracks:
    Return to Pepperland
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uuiEPA-v6o
    Love Come Tumbling Down
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kORRL9rp9ME

He's also supposedly recorded around a double-album's worth of new songs in recent years and mastered a basic version that he considered releasing but hasn't.

The Kinks:
    There was a Kinks album that went unreleased called 'Four More Respected Gentlemen' most of the songs ended up on contractual obligation albums in the early 70s. They also apparently started work on a Lola Vs Powerman and the Moneygoround Part Two, but nobody knows how far they got with it and whatever became of it.

Example Track:
    She's Got Everything
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBi2ii3fNG8

The Who:
    The Who famously had a rock opera in the works called Lifehouse that was never completed and ended up being released in bits across Who's Next and Who Are You.

He'd also started an unfinished concept album in the 1960s called Quads about the future where parents can chose the sex of their children or something :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chilli from TLC recorded an album named Bi-Polar. Due for release in 09, it remains shelved.

JoJo- All i want is everything then renamed Jumpin trains has been in production since 2008/2009. It may get a release this year apparently

Dusty springfeld recorded but scrapped loads and loads of songs from what eventually became her Dusty In Memphis. It makes you wonder what that album would of been like if Dusty hadn't been allowed so much control at that period of her career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes we would have Original Doll was the follow up which was scrapped then she released blackout and continues in her electro pop guise i for one would love to see urban Britney in te future again
  • SanahSanah Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Dannii Minogue 1998/1999 when she was living in Monaco and datimg Jaques Villuenueve (dont know if i've spelt that right)

She mentioned in an interview around then that she was going all grunge and rock in the studio and was self finanacing the project..She said the songs were sounding like "Hanson" YIKES!!
  • LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs had apparently scrapped an albums worth of material prior to recording their 2006 album Show Your Bones. Which itself is my least favourite of their albums so that must have been terrible.

The list of songs Nelly Furtado has recorded for her next album must be endless, she's been working on it for years.

Missy Elliott's Block Party has been continuously pushed back since 2007 due to her illness. It's a shame because she's one of the few artists of her genre that I like!
  • SanahSanah Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Monica's "All Eyez On Me" album was cancelled in the US due to the poor performance of the title single in 2002.

BMG/J Records told her to go back into the studio to revamp the album which she did.

The album "After The Storm" was released in the summer of 2003 and hit the no1 spot on the US Billboard album chart and sold over a million copies there.

Good move!
  • wintersnow1979wintersnow1979 Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Thanks for listing some of Paul McCartney's unreleased music Cabledude.
    Supposed new album was thought to be titled Radio Sky. Wonder if he'll go back to these songs (he usually does at some point)
    Love Yvonne (co written with Eric Stewart). Only released on a 90's 10cc album re-recorded by Stewart. Macca's demo is way superior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5iccAx5xG0&feature=related

There is thought to be the start of a guitar concerto with Jeff Beck somewhere in the vaults as well.