New planner question

cookieonecookieone Posts: 160
Forum Member
Hi

Quick question about the new planner.

I see that there's now a separate tab for your scheduled recordings and that your recorded programmes are now ordered with the latest recordings at the top ( used to be the oldest ones at the top).

Does anyone know if the order can be restored to the original settings of oldest first?

Thanks

Comments

• daclickdaclick Posts: 3,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you get an answer for this because I'm wondering the same thing
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, you can't change it back to the old behaviour.
  • wintvwintv Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    My box is on version R010 ...17P and I can see no change to the planner still oldest first and no extra tab.

Is a further software update to the above version being distributed?
  • GreeboGreebo Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R011.075.46.00P has started to roll out - see https://corporate.sky.com/media-centre/news-page/2015/sky-improves-skyplus-tv-guide-making-it-even-easier-to-enjoy-favourite-shows

You can't use the DR stream to get it manually yet.

Looks like the person who started the thread at http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2060082 got their wish come true!
  • wintvwintv Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the update Greebo
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky should not have made such a drastic change just at the point they are ramping prices up so high. For all those out there who like the new arrangement others will not and it is something many old hands will have to adapt to using given the lack of customisation or reversion to the old way on offer.

Anyone frustrated by this sudden switchabout just might have their minds made up over whether to find £4.50 pm extra from June to pay for some millionaire footballers to buy a new sports car. Not to mention Sky bringing the rise forward by 3 months.

Sky are making some rather risky business decisions at present. They remind me of Harry Selfridge in Mr Selfridge - in a corner and gambling everything in the hope they will get lucky - because they feel they can get away with it and not enough people will figure out what is going wrong.

There is going to come a point where their luck runs out.
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd hardly call it a drastic change. In grand scheme of things, it's a minor change along with the other minor changes introduced with R011.
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky should not have made such a drastic change just at the point they are ramping prices up so high. For all those out there who like the new arrangement others will not and it is something many old hands will have to adapt to using given the lack of customisation or reversion to the old way on offer.

Anyone frustrated by this sudden switchabout just might have their minds made up over whether to find £4.50 pm extra from June to pay for some millionaire footballers to buy a new sports car. Not to mention Sky bringing the rise forward by 3 months.

Sky are making some rather risky business decisions at present. They remind me of Harry Selfridge in Mr Selfridge - in a corner and gambling everything in the hope they will get lucky - because they feel they can get away with it and not enough people will figure out what is going wrong.

There is going to come a point where their luck runs out.

I am sure that day might not be too far away.

I believe there will be may looking at their subs and contemplating a downgrade and some might ditch Sky completely.

For those who do not like or watch football, but do like many other sports there is no option if one wish to watch these other sports but to subsidise football viewers in a massive way.

They should have football on dedicated channels as they do F1 and those who want to pay inflated price to see football to pay up and subscribe for an additional fee and those who watch less costly sports can see them for a more reasonable fee.
  • JulesandSandJulesandSand Posts: 6,012
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    I am sure that day might not be too far away.

I believe there will be may looking at their subs and contemplating a downgrade and some might ditch Sky completely.

For those who do not like or watch football, but do like many other sports there is no option if one wish to watch these other sports but to subsidise football viewers in a massive way.

They should have football on dedicated channels as they do F1 and those who want to pay inflated price to see football to pay up and subscribe for an additional fee and those who watch less costly sports can see them for a more reasonable fee.

Couldn't agree more but looking at the latest pricing it seems that every subscriber is subsidising the new football deal, not just sports subscribers.
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd hardly call it a drastic change. In grand scheme of things, it's a minor change along with the other minor changes introduced with R011.

I know it's not a drastic change but I don't want the latest recordings first.

Looks like my Pace box is going to become my main box again as it's not compatible with the R011 software.
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,525
    Forum Member
    simon194 wrote: »
    I know it's not a drastic change but I don't want the latest recordings first.

Looks like my Pace box is going to become my main box again as it's not compatible with the R011 software.

Well I have a Pace and I *do* want newest first, also dates on the planner!

So this will accelerate my dumping of Sky in favour of BT Youview, which does do it as I wish. The main consideration though is price.
  • MackemsafcMackemsafc Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it available to force download?
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mackemsafc wrote: »
    Is it available to force download?

No, It's only day 1 of the rollout.
  • lordgoatalordgoata Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    If you're not happy with the change (and I'm not either), then feel free to add your voice here, just ignore all the waffle thats on there!

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-boxes/Sky-Planner-Changes-WHY/td-p/2323018

The reason I don't like it, is I want to watch back in the order I recorded - not the latest thing I recorded - to me its just plain illogical. For those with gazillion of archived shows, I agree its probably more convenient - but personally I would have rather seen an Archived tab added to solve that problem, as several others suggested....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    lordgoata wrote: »
    If you're not happy with the change (and I'm not either), then feel free to add your voice here, just ignore all the waffle thats on there!

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-boxes/Sky-Planner-Changes-WHY/td-p/2323018

The reason I don't like it, is I want to watch back in the order I recorded - not the latest thing I recorded - to me its just plain illogical. For those with gazillion of archived shows, I agree its probably more convenient - but personally I would have rather seen an Archived tab added to solve that problem, as several others suggested....

Added my 2 cents there, quite unhappy with the update, on an aside isn't that Annie+UK woman on there absolutely intolerable?! What a terrible online representation for Sky
  • scepticsceptic Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Sky will have stats recorded to backup such a major change, but regardless an option to revert the old behaviour would have been sensible for those who don't like the change. I remember Comcast starting that their stats showed that 80% of viewing occurred within 18 hours of the recording and Sky customers are probably not that different. However, if you only keep a few recordings in your planner, as some people obviously do, then you can still get to your most recent recordings quite quickly without reversing the planner order. Sky could also have used other solutions, like keep the order as is but introduce a Recent tab for the last few days recordings.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sceptic wrote: »
    I'm sure Sky will have stats recorded to backup such a major change, but regardless an option to revert the old behaviour would have been sensible for those who don't like the change. I remember Comcast starting that their stats showed that 80% of viewing occurred within 18 hours of the recording and Sky customers are probably not that different. However, if you only keep a few recordings in your planner, as some people obviously do, then you can still get to your most recent recordings quite quickly without reversing the planner order. Sky could also have used other solutions, like keep the order as is but introduce a Recent tab for the last few days recordings.

Surely, the same can be said about oldest recordings, you can get to them just as quickly, if you only have a few?
  • simon194simon194 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bloodywolf wrote: »
    Added my 2 cents there, quite unhappy with the update, on an aside isn't that Annie+UK woman on there absolutely intolerable?! What a terrible online representation for Sky

She was a regular contributor on AVF before Sky decided to "take" her on as a superuser after the Picasso beta trials. She was just as intolerable back then. :)