Options

EE - Could Heather Trot (Cheryl Fergison) come back?

Zep45Zep45 Posts: 202
Forum Member
Would there be a way for Heather Trot (Cheryl Fergison) come back? Could we pretend that Ben never actually killed her she was in a coma, witness protection or had a nervous breakdown and Ben was only in prison for GBH and never talk of her manslaughter again?

As I think her character is needed in this Carter drama.

Comments

• Options
    NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could if they broke with all continuity. After Den and now Kathy this would be a step too far and will never happen.

I accept though that had she been in it now the Carter storylines would be even better
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Imagine if Heather had got out of the taxi in the live episode

'Hello Phil...'
  • Options
    dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zep45 wrote: »
    Would there be a way for Heather Trot (Cheryl Fergison) come back? Could we pretend that Ben never actually killed her she was in a coma, witness protection or had a nervous breakdown and Ben was only in prison for GBH and never talk of her manslaughter again?

As I think her character is needed in this Carter drama.

The only way she could come back would be in a dream scene with Shirley and she could let Shirley known what she thought of her behaviour and get her to sort her self out. She could be like the ghost of Christmas past in a Christmas carol. , that would be funny.
  • Options
    Zep45Zep45 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    They could if they broke with all continuity. After Den and now Kathy this would be a step too far and will never happen.

To be fair Den faking his own death was believable and the TPTB always had the idea of him retuning in mind but Kathy would never have left her son with Phil (with his awful parenting) and then not said a word for 10 years - with all the awful thing which have happened to her children. Then Pat faking her own death as her drop dead (I think it was vague mentioned to be cancer) and was ridiculously sudden for my liking plus she was involved with some dodgy people particularly as she was try to get money for her son before her sudden death. She could have done it to flee from gangster and is living in Spain with Peggy. Plus her death has not really being mentioned since.

There no one on in the square other than Shirley and Ben connected directly to Heather. Then Darren and her Son are off screen so you have not go the problem of explaining why she walk out on her son without damaging her character and even then Darren is not Phil.

Ben could have easily and believable have gone to prison for GBH (that also means he is no longer a killer) and Shirley has not talked about Heather other than confronting ben for what he did (and that can be changed to GBH and Heather having a nervous breakdown and running away from her life) and she had not visited her grave on screen (which helps).

If they can pull Stacey getting out of Prison after murdering someone due to lying about their mental health at the time (it would have though that she would at least he to have gone back to hospital for at least 3 to 6 months to make sure she was not a danger to the public and was stable). It would have made more sense for no one to have believed her and thought she was lying to defend Bradley's honour and she ended up being sectioned or there was a trial and a jury found her not guilty.

They can pull this off with Heather.
    I accept though that had she been in it now the Carter storylines would be even better

I agree.
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    Imagine if Heather had got out of the taxi in the live episode

'Hello Phil...'
    Can you imagine the after show reaction to that reveal? Team Kaff anticipating her imminent resurrection and Big 'Ev emerges dressed as the lost member of Bananarama instead :D
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zep45 wrote: »
    There no one on in the square other than Shirley and Ben connected directly to Heather. Then Darren and her Son are off screen so you have not go the problem of explaining why she walk out on her son without damaging her character and even then Darren is not Phil..

Actually George still appears. Granted he doesn't love on the square Shirley has him from time to time. He appeared twice last year I recall.
  • Options
    FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Another dead character coming back from the dead would just be insulting to the viewers' intelligence.
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be a step too far. I'm still getting over Kathy being alive and as anger said leaving her precious son with his horrific father.
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There'd be no credibility left if they tried that. It was a reckless decision by that cretin Kirkwood, and I wish Heather was still around, but there's just no going back.

The only way Cheryl Fergison makes another EE appearance is if she appears in a flashback episode involving Shirley or if they do a CIN spoof with ghosts from Shirley's past (like they did with Ian).
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Another dead character coming back from the dead would just be insulting to the viewers' intelligence.

I agree and Heather was not a good character anyway. Her main purpose was to give Shirley someone to talk to.
  • Options
    Jay_1983Jay_1983 Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annette Badland and Cheryl Fergison look similar. What if it turns out that Babe is Heather's mother? Maybe Babe, Queenie and Sylvie were swapping/giving away babies in the caravan in Ramsgate? Maybe Heather had an identical twin sister? Then Cheryl Fergison can return to EastEnders. Not as Heather but not far off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Hev Hev my Hev is back :D Shirlyy ranting on about her being my Hev every line..Maybe she was her mum :D
  • Options
    Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were crazy to kill her off. I remember reading, I think in The Sun, that the only reason they axed her was because she gave an interview about her marriage without asking the show for clearance! seems really harsh but it was Bryan Kirkwood at the time.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Shirley would of ever developed the way she has if Heather was still around
    Lorraine Newman took away Shirley's two biggest loves within months of one another. Phil and Heather. They were the characters that Shirley was only ever associated with in terms of her storyline. When they were taken away from her, it looked like the end of shirley and i couldn't help but think Newman ruined her. She did. Until DTC took over and gave her such a big comeback, that even Cher would would be jealous to have.