Avril Lavigne - 'How You Remind Me', Nickelback Cover

TR252TR252 Posts: 436
Forum Member
Avril has given two covers to the new Japanese film One Piece, her cover of Joan Jett's 'Bad Reputation' which she recorded a while back and a new cover of Nickelback's 'How You Remind Me' which you can listen to here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QbiWfTDK2rc#!

I think it's excellent. Such a different arrangement of the song and I think it's really quite different to what she has recorded before. :) Her vocal delivery is brilliant - she sounds a bit like Alanis Morisette in places.

What do you think?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds good and is a very intresting interpretation of the song. I hope it's not on the new album though as the song is to 'well known'. Hopefully this indictaes a more mature album. An album in the vein of Goodbye Lullaby & Under My Skin would be the best move but as long as she let's these Cheerleader songs die all is good. The lead single is CRUCIAL another Girlfriend or What The Hell and no one will care. She needs to deliver!!!

Avril clearly still has a big fan aswell despite lukewarm sales for Goodbye Lullaby. Despite Smile & Wish You Were Here failing in most countries worldwide the album manged to shift more copies than Madonna's - MDNA, Nelly Furtrado's - The Spirit Indestructible, Kylie Minogue's - Aphrodite & Nicki Minaj's - Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. Goodbye Lullaby's also outsold Christina's Bionic and Lotus combined. So there is still A LOT of potential here.
  • Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. I love it! Then again I've always been a fan of Avril, I even loved Goodbye Lullaby.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This makes me want to vomit blood. Who needs ipecac when that thing exists.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's dating lead singer of Nickelback too.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it. Her voice sounds really strong and a bit like Alanas Morrisette. I am a big fan of covers and this doesn't disappoint.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I swear to you she would have a UK number 1 with this if she released it! (I know its a cover but for once with an artist ... I think ..I said think, I prefer it to the original)
    Thank you for introducing me to this!!
    Love It!!
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it. Generally, I'm not that big on covers but she really made it her own and redid in her style instead of just copying the original.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's dating lead singer of Nickelback too.

Yep, they're engaged, in fact. I suspect that was the reason for this cover, as they were working together.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Yep, they're engaged, in fact. I suspect that was the reason for this cover, as they were working together.

Extra royalties for the family budget;)
  • sterock85sterock85 Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    This is actually really good. She sounds more mature. :)
  • coreysevillecoreyseville Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    Im a huge fan of Avril's so I would have always been biased towards the track but saying that I love it, have not stopped listening to it since Tuesday when it was released online. I love how original it is, I know its a cover but she has changed it up so much its like a new all together. I wish it was a single release so we could have got a video and stuff but I surpose i'll have to live with it being for a soundtrack plus its currently climbing the Japan itunes chart which makes me smile :)