Neighbours - Kate Ramsay to be killed off?

sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's just SPECULATION but there's lots of rumours flying around of a potential Kate death!

Scott McGregor's answers in these interviews seem to indicate that Kate will get an explosive exit!! A death perhaps?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s14/neighbours/news/a556887/neighbours-actor-scott-mcgregor-kates-exit-is-seriously-good.html

http://www.allaboutsoap.co.uk/blog/we-meet-neighbours-scott-mcgregor/

What are your thoughts? :)

Comments

• vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Brennan is staying on points to the fact that this could well happen.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GillyH is gonna love this news! :p
  • gwendagwenda Posts: 3,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she doesn't get killed off then I'm happy to do it! The character annoys the hell out of me. >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Killed by Sienna???
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought they were going have Mark and Kate go off into the sunset or some other mushy Neighbours exit?
    I do like the sound of Kate dying in an explosion though. Maybe Georgia can do a Paul Robinson and kill Kate and then leave her to burn in the explosion :D.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neighbours answer to Stacey Slater. Would they really kill her off?
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please Please Please let it be true.
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    I thought Gilly was sarahcadhill?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I thought they were going have Mark and Kate go off into the sunset or some other mushy Neighbours exit?
    I do like the sound of Kate dying in an explosion though. Maybe Georgia can do a Paul Robinson and kill Kate and then leave her to burn in the explosion :D.

I do think a whodunit murder storyline would suit Kate Ramsay perfectly :D. Don't get me wrong I hate those overused storylines, but the words "whodunit" with "Kate Ramsay" just fit perfectly ;-).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    Neighbours answer to Stacey Slater. Would they really kill her off?

Yes and no. Neighbours are not really known for doing big explosive deaths for big characters, especially these days, as the writers are wary of turning the show too dark. So going by that, I'm thinking Kate might survive in the explosion if that is to be believed. And then leave the show after that.

But on the other hand, there is a possibility she will die as the actress who plays Kate Ramsey will most likely never return to the show. Most Aussie soap actors don't return as they want to break Hollywood or whatever. Unlike UK soap actors who tend to keep going back. So I can see the current producers wanting to milk Kate's exit for all it's worth by giving her a big death.

We'll see I guess.
  • Liam89Liam89 Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    Lol GillyH is gunna have a nervous breakdown if kate dies. Ive never known anyone to be so obsessed. When I asked about sonya leaving she bit my head off. Lol
  • sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob1985 wrote: »
    I thought Gilly was sarahcadhill?!

No way I am Gilly lol... She is known to have fake profiles ha.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    If she dies, I'm sure it'll be in a tragic-heroic, Mary Sue-type manner, leaving behind a beautiful corpse, without a hair out of place, as her soul is bathed in light and choirs of angels carry her to heaven.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    I do think a whodunit murder storyline would suit Kate Ramsay perfectly :D. Don't get me wrong I hate those overused storylines, but the words "whodunit" with "Kate Ramsay" just fit perfectly ;-).

I agree :D. A whodunnit would be a great way to kill off Kate :D. Who could be the list of suspects besides Georgia?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way I am Gilly lol... She is known to have fake profiles ha.

Poor Sarah, getting accused of being someone she quite obviously isn't lol :D.
  • Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw Gilly tweeting that Kate's not being killed off, but things seem to suggest she is. Unless she disappears/gets lost at sea like Dee!
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Please Please Please let it be true.

I know. All fingers and toes are crossed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    If it's true this calls for a celebratory bbq!
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I really hope not, I'm tired of fandom thinking they have power over this show and the producers playing into their hands by reacting to their dislike.

It's just a celebration of hatred.

Neighbours would be a better show if the producers made the soap without worrying about fandom's reactions to a particular character.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,498
    Forum Member
    I really hope not, I'm tired of fandom thinking they have power over this show and the producers playing into their hands by reacting to their dislike.

It's just a celebration of hatred.

Neighbours would be a better show if the producers made the soap without worrying about fandom's reactions to a particular character.

We really need a death in Ramsay Street though. If Kate is killed off, it would cause a lot of drama. Ashleigh Brewer will not be bullied by Gilly to return if her character is dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes and no. Neighbours are not really known for doing big explosive deaths for big characters, especially these days, as the writers are wary of turning the show too dark. So going by that, I'm thinking Kate might survive in the explosion if that is to be believed. And then leave the show after that.

But on the other hand, there is a possibility she will die as the actress who plays Kate Ramsey will most likely never return to the show. Most Aussie soap actors don't return as they want to break Hollywood or whatever. Unlike UK soap actors who tend to keep going back. So I can see the current producers wanting to milk Kate's exit for all it's worth by giving her a big death.

We'll see I guess.

Scott MacGregor who plays Brennan has returned though and the actor is actually residing in LA at the moment after leaving Oz! Guess who is staying with him in LA - Ashleigh Brewer haha!!!!!
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    She's a Robinson...(ehh, you know what I mean ;) ), so that means she probably has an identical evil twin somewhere ready to turn up to commit dastardly deeds when the ratings drop a bit.

Or in Kate's case, an identical good twin.

*drum roll*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott MacGregor who plays Brennan has returned though and the actor is actually residing in LA at the moment after leaving Oz! Guess who is staying with him in LA - Ashleigh Brewer haha!!!!!

Haha cool :D. Surprising to hear that MacGregor will continue on the show after Kate leaves. Is he back full-time or just another short stint? If he's still living in the US as you say, then that suggests to me he's back for another small stint and he'll be off back to the US to "crack" Hollywood soon :p. Unless he plans on moving back to Oz?

Anyhow, I can't see why Brennan would stay after Kate leave/dies though. He only stayed in Erinsborough so he could win Kate back. His emotional connection to Erinsborough wil be severed once Kate leaves. They'll be nothing keeping him there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha cool :D. Surprising to hear that MacGregor will continue on the show after Kate leaves. Is he back full-time or just another short stint? If he's still living in the US as you say, then that suggests to me he's back for another small stint and he'll be off back to the US to "crack" Hollywood soon :p. Unless he plans on moving back to Oz?

Anyhow, I can't see why Brennan would stay after Kate leave/dies though. He only stayed in Erinsborough so he could win Kate back. His emotional connection to Erinsborough wil be severed once Kate leaves. They'll be nothing keeping him there.

This - all good points.

Think Brennan may stay around for a while after Kate leaves - but as a guest, not a regular.

And as you say he wouldn't have a lot to stay around off and no doubt MacGregor will be off to "crack" Hollywood soon as you say haha - and re-locate over there.

Think he was interviewed on This Morning or Lorraine - one or the other will have to try to catch it.