Sky & Satellite Weekly News Thread, Week #3 - the first for 2017

Comments

• PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    UPDATE

11.426 V SR 27500 FEC 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

52556 (for Discovery Shed +1) currently showing Discovery Channel Finland (!)

I'm on the original bundle so don't have theDiscovery Channels, but this is clearing on my box, seems to be FTV as it encrypts if I remove my viewing card.
  • jasonjimbobjasonjimbob Posts: 1,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I'm on the original bundle so don't have theDiscovery Channels, but this is clearing on my box, seems to be FTV as it encrypts if I remove my viewing card.

It's not in FTV, I get a upgrade screen on my FSFS Card, comes in OK on my mothers card which is on the Variety Bundle.
  • philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,176
    Forum Member
    Digi Man wrote: »
    No idea, what gives that impression?

In terms of Sky's EPG, I would assume the SD version will move to the 690's.

Skys EPG needs a reshuffle!
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skys EPG needs a reshuffle!

Agreed. It is an abomination there is little logic in it and it is anything but user friendly, particularly with +1 and HD/SD channels with few having their epg slot in relation to their counterparts. Unfortunately owing to the system that is used with channel owners paying for their cherished slots it will never be any different. Things may improve slightly when the BBC get their arse into gear and put BBC 1 HD on 101, there is nothing to stop them doing that now, except they are waiting for their local BBC to go HD.>:(
  • lincsatlincsat Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There will be an opportunity to change now that SBO has closed releasing a swathe of channels in the 700 range. They could move the Religious channels into this range and start the Documentaries at 540 or 550
  • teletvteletv Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    The Insight UHD promo that keeps getting listed is a part of several different UHD promos from different channels on 'Astra UHD'.

Just so annoying that my skyQ wont tune to this.

On a plus note pressing the 'sky' button now takes us to recordings
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NEW

11.758 H SR 29500 FEC 8/9 DVB-S2 QPSK

3857 - unknown service (in HD)
  • ozsatozsat Posts: 5,740
    Forum Member
    'SKY' button on SkyQ has always gone to the recordings - it is a way of getting straight to the TV Guide which is missing.
    teletv wrote: »
    Just so annoying that my skyQ wont tune to this.

On a plus note pressing the 'sky' button now takes us to recordings
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

11.426 V, 27.500, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

'Tru TV+1' (still broadcasting)....No longer carrying EPG data.

Update

12.285 V, 29.500, 8/9, DVB-S2, QPSK.

"2222"....Now at 'No signal'.
  • ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozsat wrote: »
    'SKY' button on SkyQ has always gone to the recordings - it is a way of getting straight to the TV Guide which is missing.

Ahh.. pressing one button and straight to TV Guide...how novel that would be :-) but no lots of one button pushes that just take us to picks, recordings, search, my q,,,,,none of which I really want to start with thankyou
  • obrienmichael05obrienmichael05 Posts: 3,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEW

This is showing an upgrade screen for me. Unusual for a new label to appear on a Sunday. Tech guys must be working overtime.:)
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Aplus Tv now on epg:859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

"52550" (showing upgrade screen)....Now carrying EPG data for 'Discovey Home & Health+2'?
  • obrienmichael05obrienmichael05 Posts: 3,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    52550 is now showing Discovery id Finland with epg info for what looks like a lifestyle channel.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »
    Aplus Tv now on epg:859
    Just to confirm-

Update

11.538 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

"22613"....Has now been relabelled as 'Aplus TV'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

'TV 99' has now changed transponders, moving from 11.597 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK to 11.538 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

jimbo, can you confirm the new SID for 'TV 99'?
  • omar comerfordomar comerford Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Update

"52550" (showing upgrade screen)....Now carrying EPG data for 'Discovey Home & Health+2'?

This is now showing ID Finland. On an interesting note how come we are able to view Discovery Finland & Disc ID Finland??

Do they not broadcast on different satellites for Finland??

Sorry lads this is now showing Disc ID Sweden not finland
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    52550 is now showing Discovery id Finland with epg info for what looks like a lifestyle channel.

This is clearing on my box but encrypts if I remove the card as per Discovery Finland (original bundle subscriber). EPG currently says Homes Under The Hammer.
    NEW

This one is also on upgrade screen for me.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is now showing ID Finland. On an interesting note how come we are able to view Discovery Finland & Disc ID Finland??

Do they not broadcast on different satellites for Finland??

Yes but chances are the European versions of Discovery all playout from London (for now...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

11.494 H, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

The spare "22301" has now been removed.

The spare "22302" has now been removed.

The spare "22303" has now been removed.
  • omar comerfordomar comerford Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    However; in recent days, I've been able to watch a live stream of Sky SportsNewsHQ HD using the following parameters:

10.876 gHZ
    V
    2/3
    DVB-S2
    8PSK

Channel ID 2222 - this is no longer broadcasting (just saying no satellite signal)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    However; in recent days, I've been able to watch a live stream of Sky SportsNewsHQ HD using the following parameters:

10.876 gHZ
    V
    2/3
    DVB-S2
    8PSK

Channel ID 2222 - this is no longer broadcasting (just saying no satellite signal)
    See posts 16 & 35 of this thread.
  • SonOfPurpleSonOfPurple Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking the H&H +2 / Shed +1 thing is possibly linked to the recent move of Shed and H&H up to 161-162 in mainland UK, presumably a way of generating something to keep 241-2 in the family, though as with Pick +1 they'll need slots further down the grid for NI/ROI.

I'm still in the belief that eventually Discovery will use TLC +2 on Sky (and Quest +1 on Freeview) for a new leisure/lifestyle channel as sibling to Quest, and possibly the H&H +2 will ultimately become the timeshift of that channel - Discovery have used timeshift channels as placeholders to launch or replace channels before (DMAX +2, Discovery +1.5 for instance...) and it's now over three years since TLC went live, so some of its shows must now be coming up to their DTT window...
  • ste_leonardste_leonard Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NEW

Now showing Sky Living HD (Ireland)
  • StorageHuntersStorageHunters Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I wish there was a new channel from discovery that's free to air. :santahatdude:
This discussion has been closed.