Anti-gay London bus advertising campaign pulled by TfL

1192021222325»

Comments

• MiddleotroadMiddleotroad Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stateless wrote: »
    No, it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I genuinely feel very upset that you feel this very about yourself. Your posts have seemed a bit all over the place, like a conflict with yourself, which made me think this.

I don't know your history, but truly I have to believe that someone who feels the way you do, either does as a result of being ostracised by some/all family members, or comes from a very strict religious background. I have never met, seen or known any gay person who comes from a family where there are love an acceptable for a person and their sexuality, who had the views you do.

Therefore, yes, I would suggest that you do seek therapy. Therapy to deal with the history behind these feelings of dislike for who you are. If you want to seek out "ex-gay" therapy then you can of course do that too. That is your choice.

Good luck.

That lack of self acceptance is only ever due to homophobia seems such a widely held belief. I wonder when people are going to realize. :(
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I know it is... and there isn't just one solution for everyone. I just happen to value family and children and some therapist is going to make me just accept I am not allowed them. I find that staggeringly unfair.

Not necessarily. I reckon, avoid gay cure therapy; avoid groups like Stonewall, get help via the doctor. In post 75 I said I knew someone who came to self acceptance by struggling through and nhs therapy. Actually it was 2 people. (One possibly very like Glowbot). One struggled through, one got help. Struggling through is not the easiest option.
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like this story hasn't died yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25909961

I would have thought that this sort of offensive statement was banned under the equal opportunities act anyway?
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Sounds like this story hasn't died yet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-25909961

I would have thought that this sort of offensive statement was banned under the equal opportunities act anyway?

I would too. but who knows. them religious homophobes are so full of righteous indignation they will stop at nothing.

i also think they are TfL's buses and they can ban whatever they like.

i also think the religious right should **** right off.
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    I would too. but who knows. them religious homophobes are so full of righteous indignation they will stop at nothing.

i also think they are TfL's buses and they can ban whatever they like.

i also think the religious right should **** right off.

No wonder it's still raining.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears the issue is one of due process. In other words it wasn't Johnson's decision to make in the way he did (and which was to court the gay vote in the period running up to the Mayoral elections).
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    It appears the issue is one of due process. In other words it wasn't Johnson's decision to make in the way he did (and which was to court the gay vote in the period running up to the Mayoral elections).

it's always a due process issue.

i remember when those people didn't want the surface to air missiles on their building during the olympics and took the government to court over their failure to do a full disability impact study.

bollocks is another word for it.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    i hope these homophobic bus ads stay banned