Options

Sky & Satellite Weekly News Thread, Week #50

Comments

• Options
    RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomee wrote: »
    All seem fine now the forum seem to be running faster but that might be because member think it still down.

The migration showed up some problems and won't actually take place until these are resolved.

Good to see that this section isn't affected by the cuts.
  • Options
    ZaxxZaxx Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Hot Hits wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts if Fox News will be in HD in 2017? The feed from America is in HD so why don't Sky re broadcast it like that?

It's nothing to do with Sky. It's down to Fox.
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
  • Options
    obrienmichael05obrienmichael05 Posts: 3,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Yes this has been on the cards for awhile now. I wonder what will happen to their epg slot?
  • Options
    BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    UPDATE

Spike +1 has been licenced by Ofcom for satellite and cable

Great, another channel squeezed into Channel 5's transponder which is already over capacity and crap picture quality!
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

11.538 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

"22613" (showing colour bars & tone)....Now carrying EPG data saying "Dramas Promos".

Update

12.188 H, 27.500, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

"2817"....Now showing a technical fault message with EPG data saying "Channel coming soon".

Can anyone confirm what they are?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Update

11.538 V, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

"22613" (showing colour bars & tone)....Now carrying EPG data saying "Dramas Promos".

Update

12.188 H, 27.500, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

"2817"....Now showing a technical fault message with EPG data saying "Channel coming soon".

Can anyone confirm what they are?
    2817 might be for Be3 which is launching next month. It's a rebrand of UTV IRELAND by Virgin Media. I'm not sure about 22613. Most likely a foregin channel of some sorts. On that note I would like to wish you jimbo and all the other posters a happy Christmas and a happy and healthy new year and to also thank you both for the time and efford you both have put in to keep this excellent thread going in 2016. Long may it continue. :)
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Happy Christmas to Jimbo, Digiman, Micheal and all the other contributors and everyone who reads the Thread each week. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    Happy Christmas to Jimbo, Digiman, Micheal and all the other contributors and everyone who reads the Thread each week. :)
    Thanks I wish you the same.:)
  • Options
    CK26A1CK26A1 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    2817 might be for Be3 which is launching next month. It's a rebrand of UTV IRELAND by Virgin Media. I'm not sure about 22613. Most likely a foregin channel of some sorts. On that note I would like to wish you jimbo and all the other posters a happy Christmas and a happy and healthy new year and to also thank you both for the time and efford you both have put in to keep this excellent thread going in 2016. Long may it continue. :)

Won't Be3 just replace UTV Ireland on Sky Ireland ? There wouldn't be need for a brand new channel on a transponder would there ?
  • Options
    DiscoDisco Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Entertainment/Launches-amp-Changes-to-Sky-Channels/td-p/2407614

The following changes will apply in Great Britain only from 5 January

Discovery Shed moves from 242 to 161
    Home & Health moves from 240 to 162
    Home & Health + 1 moves from 241 to 240

The same site also says that on Wednesday 14 December TVC News+1 (572) was removed? Was it? I don't recall it being mentioned here and it still shows up on my Sky+ app.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember hearing/reading about it being removed anywhere and it seems to be broadcasting normally at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CK26A1 wrote: »
    Won't Be3 just replace UTV Ireland on Sky Ireland ? There wouldn't be need for a brand new channel on a transponder would there ?
    Most likely will remove the UTV IRELAND label and and replace it with the new one and call it Be3.:santahatdude:
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member

Thanks

Happy New Year everyone
  • Options
    jimbojimbo Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not able to identify 2817 yet but it might be an SD version of ITV Box Office as there are Box Office flags associated with it.

I will check again.

I will update this thread with the latest technical info updated later today.
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for your kind words and a Merry Christmas to you too, have a good one. :santahatdude:

Merry Christmas to you too. :santahatdude:
  • Options
    omar comerfordomar comerford Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your kind words and a Merry Christmas to you too, have a good one. :santahatdude:

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL ON DIGITAL SPY & HAPPY NEW YEAR & HAVE A GREAT 2017. :xmastree:
  • Options
    Jontom64Jontom64 Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy Christmas everyone and may 2017 be a great year for you.

Jimbo thanks for the weekly updates. Your hard work and the contributions from others is very much appreciated.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Sky Q, under Online Video > Channels, Digital Spy is now available. Unfortunately it's just celeb videos from the main DS site so not really of much interest.

Merry Christmas everyone :santahatdude::xmastree:
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disco wrote: »
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Entertainment/Launches-amp-Changes-to-Sky-Channels/td-p/2407614

The following changes will apply in Great Britain only from 5 January

Discovery Shed moves from 242 to 161
    Home & Health moves from 240 to 162
    Home & Health + 1 moves from 241 to 240

The same site also says that on Wednesday 14 December TVC News+1 (572) was removed? Was it? I don't recall it being mentioned here and it still shows up on my Sky+ app.

So that just makes Home and Health user unfriendly, what advantage is there in moving their main channel to 162 miles away on the epg from their +1 channel?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL ON DIGITAL SPY & HAPPY NEW YEAR & HAVE A GREAT 2017. :xmastree:
    Happy Christmas to you and yours omar and may 2017 bring nice pressies in the form of new channels. :gift:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Sky Q, under Online Video > Channels, Digital Spy is now available. Unfortunately it's just celeb videos from the main DS site so not really of much interest.

Merry Christmas everyone :santahatdude::xmastree:
    Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year. :santahatdude::meltythesnowman::gift:::snowflake::xmastree:
  • Options
    omar comerfordomar comerford Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year. :santahatdude::meltythesnowman::gift:::snowflake::xmastree:

Happy Christmas to you Michael and family, have a blast of a Christmas & New year.
    See you all back here in 2017.

On a personal note a BIG BIG Happy xmas to JIMBO how has put a Big effort in keeping this form together as well as the weekly updates over the last 12 mths. To each of all the contributers that keeps us informed in the world Sky Satilette as well. :xmastree::meltythesnowman::wine:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Christbmas to you Michael and family, have a blast of a Christmas & New year.
    See you all back here in 2017.

On a personal note a BIG BIG Happy xmas to JIMBO how has put a Big effort in keeping this form together as well as the weekly updates over the last 12 mths. To each of all the contributers that keeps us informed in the world Sky Satilette as well. :xmastree::meltythesnowman::wine:
    well said omar.:santahatdude:
  • Options
    DiscoDisco Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky Cinema Disney has renamed temporarily today to Sky Cinema Pixar (305/332).

I'd like to add my thanks to Jimbo and Digi Man for keeping this thread going with their regular postings and maintaining the information so well. I'd also to thank all other regular contributors and wish you all a very merry Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.