Anyone else thinks the X Factor sucks this year?

Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It's terrible.:mad:

Comments

• justjaxjustjax Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree. It started last year with the format changes. The auditions shows now seems to be made up of about 70% terrible/bad auditions. Roll on Boot camp when hopefully we'll actually see some 'singers'.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it!
    Take it in the spirit it's intended, it's just a bit of fun:)
  • justjaxjustjax Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d0lphin wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it!
    Take it in the spirit it's intended, it's just a bit of fun:)
    i'm all for a bit of fun, but its meant to be a singing talent show... at least thats what the judges keep telling us .. i.e the goal is a worldwide artist, etc. Yet in the last 2 years (since format changes) they audition episodes have become more of a joke, with very little time spent focusing on the actual good singers. I love a hysterically bad audtion as much as the next guy, but the audtion shows are focusing too much on the silly nonsense.
  • TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's entertaining but the talent is pretty much non-existent.
  • silkdragonsilkdragon Posts: 1,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with op 100%, too much talking and not enough singers.

X-factor is going down the pan fast.
  • Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight was the best audition show yet imo, it was really entertaining & lots of good singers. :D
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, the producers need to actually put through better singers rather than nutjobs for the main audition stage then the judges need to do the same thing for the auditions - then we may just have a better show overall. Saying that, tonight's show wasn't bad at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not enjoying it much this year..:(

Hopefully that'll change by judges houses or live shows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Last night’s wasn’t as bad as the previous episodes.

btw, what happened to The X Factor:confused:
    It’s as though there are Xtra Factor I & II. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definately feels flat so far - The talent is either not appearing - or (fingers crossed) they just haven't shown us it yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of it seems a bit staged but then again what reality show isn't now a days?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hated it first, but it really picked up last night, and with the much raved about judging from nicole still to come it can only get better from here really!
  • ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's been terrible - following the same cycle every episode - a decent band, then lots of bad ones, then some breathless poser, then someone set up for us all to laugh at, then an empowered black singer, then more bad acts, then a final shocker.

I review it on my blog http://thenumber18.wordpress.com/ and it's just getting worse.
  • friendlyguy2friendlyguy2 Posts: 4,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gone downill like BGT. The change in format with the audience has contributed. The contestants were always more relaxed and better when it was just them and the judges in a room. I think to be honest Simon Cowell doesn't care if the final 12 are worse than previous years becasue he knows he'll make a mint out of it even if the winner turns out to be as bad or worse than people like the Scottish boy who won in 2007.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. Normally I love the X-Factor but there's something not right with it this year. Maybe I'm just getting bored with it but it feels stale or something. Hope it picks up when it gets to bootcamp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterdays audition show was back to it's best, it was really bad last week but I thought this week was spot on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Every years just gets worse..dunno why we watch it to be honest..lol
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have got so bored with it, I've switched over to watching repeats of "Last of the Summer Wine".
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive only seen 4 half decent audtions so yes OP. when it comes to having 2 chavs on beating each other its time to kill it off. Im fully expecting dermy to be sacked and replaced with Jeremy Kyle next week.

"Don't shout at me love - get out on that stage so simon can rip you a new hole - then we'll send you to the aftercare team for some delusional nutter sessions"
  • BadRomanceBadRomance Posts: 8,689
    Forum Member
    I think it's a combination of Dannii not being there and people realising how fake the show is that is turning people off.
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Every years just gets worse..dunno why we watch it to be honest..lol
    It's weird how the show is getting worse yet the ratings are getting better :eek:

I normally can't wait for the show but yesterday I recorded it so I could fast forward all the ads and boring bits. We've had three shows now and very few stand out contestants.
  • Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Lets just say the standard was upped considerably last night, especially, by Cher and Liam - and not before time either ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    It's weird how the show is getting worse yet the ratings are getting better :eek:

I normally can't wait for the show but yesterday I recorded it so I could fast forward all the ads and boring bits. We've had three shows now and very few stand out contestants.

oh i do that too,, i cant just sit there , i like to zap the bad bits :p
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    the auditions format is awful, its just a chav audience booing and shouting on queue, and the judges are playing up to the script even more than before.

when it was just 1 singer and a panel of 4 judges it was a much more intimate audition, and we got to know the contestants personality a lot better.

the sooner they ditch the crowd the better. The current auditions format would actually make a decent 'bootcamp' stage, with the audience providing a good 2nd test for the contestants...but as a first stage of the process it just doesn't work for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the auditions format is awful, its just a chav audience booing and shouting on queue, and the judges are playing up to the script even more than before.

when it was just 1 singer and a panel of 4 judges it was a much more intimate audition, and we got to know the contestants personality a lot better.

the sooner they ditch the crowd the better. The current auditions format would actually make a decent 'bootcamp' stage, with the audience providing a good 2nd test for the contestants...but as a first stage of the process it just doesn't work for me.

Exactly what I was just about to write!