Samsng Note side button problem

ClangeretteClangerette Posts: 879
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi
Charged my phone this afternoon then went to use it. However, I could not get the side button to work. It normally locks the screen or, if held down, switches phone off.
Can anybody help?:confused:

Comments

• Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are apps that you can get from the play store that turn your screen off. Not sure about restarting the device or turning it off though.
  • ClangeretteClangerette Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really want to get button working as hoping to upgrade at some point and will sell this on. Main prob being that can't put phone in bag, on bed etc as screen is so sensitive:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really want to get button working as hoping to upgrade at some point and will sell this on. Main prob being that can't put phone in bag, on bed etc as screen is so sensitive:cry:

I have this phone. What do you mean by the screen being too sensitive?

The app I use to turn my screen off is called screen off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as I touch phone it sets it in motion. Just want to get side button working properly as before. Can't trust phone in bag etc while screen is active. I do appreciate your advice but really want to fix phone rather than rely on an app:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As soon as I touch phone it sets it in motion. Just want to get side button working properly as before. Can't trust phone in bag etc while screen is active. I do appreciate your advice but really want to fix phone rather than rely on an app:cry:

I understand I would be the same if I were having the same issue as you.
  • Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would be worth looking into sending it away under the warranty, unless you've damaged it in some way that might be the cause of this.
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Note has a physical home button so waking it from sleep is not a problem. To lock the phone use an app called "Screen off and lock" there is a free version but why not help the dev and get the paid version. This app pust either a shortcut in your notification panel or a widget on a home screen. I use this on all of my phones to lock the screen.

However this is a minor issue. Without a working power button you will not be able to turn the back on after it has turned on. You need it repaired.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanx. Have been in touch with Samsung who are going to send me a Jiffy bag to send it to them. :)