Options

Johnny Carter For New Love Interest, Homophobic Viewers Already Complaining

Comments

• Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,304
    Forum Member
    Nothing new, these small minded people should be ignored and not given publicity
  • Options
    samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The world is crazy.
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presumably just sad Daily Mail readers who can't deal with the fact that two pretty boys kissing gives them a special feeling in their underwear region.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    small group of people complain about gay scene, large group of people actively searching it out so they can also complain.. Such.. Is.. Life.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The photo of them snogging in the bogs probably didn't help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a slow day if you don't ruffle a few bigots.
  • Options
    abbottababbottab Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The photo of them snogging in the bogs probably didn't help.

Is that where they are? Dirty pair of scamps :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're at the tube station. You're all just filthy minded. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abbottab wrote: »
    Is that where they are? Dirty pair of scamps :p

I think so :blush:
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I think they're at the tube station. You're all just filthy minded. :p:D

Whoops, wishful thinking :blush:
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always despair when people cry "how can I explain this to my kids?" - like that is somehow everyone else's fault that they can't be arsed to explain fundamental facts of life to their children. Tell any child that some men love men/some women love women and they will shrug their shoulders and carry on with life quite happily.

I also fail to see the logic in allowing children to watch murders and rape in soaps, but when two men kiss that is totally unacceptable and should be banned immediately. But they're 'not homophobic', honest...
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Small minded bigots who need to open their eyes to the world around them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Small minded bigots who need to open their eyes to the world around them.

You're aware these people do it to wind up people like you, right? Yeah some may be homophobic, but I guarantee you the majority online are just trolling.
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw that, a picture of Johnny and Gianluca kissing was put up on the EastEnders Facebook page, the comments below ranged from backward to immature. Nothing new for Facebook.
  • Options
    All-NighterAll-Nighter Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    I always despair when people cry "how can I explain this to my kids?" - like that is somehow everyone else's fault that they can't be arsed to explain fundamental facts of life to their children. Tell any child that some men love men/some women love women and they will shrug their shoulders and carry on with life quite happily.

I also fail to see the logic in allowing children to watch murders and rape in soaps, but when two men kiss that is totally unacceptable and should be banned immediately. But they're 'not homophobic', honest...

I find that one of the most weak reasons to criticise a soap/TV show. Do they realise EE isn't intended for a child audience. It's not exactly family viewing, is it?

You're so right as well, funny how murder, rape or just general, casual violence never seem to incite such strong criticism.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    My only complaint that he doesn't seem like Johnny's type. Hopefully future OTP Ben Mitchell will be cute this time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Antpants wrote: »
    My only complaint that he doesn't seem like Johnny's type. Hopefully future OTP Ben Mitchell will be cute this time.

so that johnny and ben get together?

because in real life if two gay people live near each other they have to fancy each other!

only in the soaps :)

personally i dont really care one way or the other on the gay storylines - its not a shocker anymore so just let them do it. do i like seeing two blokes snogging? not really but do i think they should be burned at the stake? nope.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    Presumably just sad Daily Mail readers who can't deal with the fact that two pretty boys kissing gives them a special feeling in their underwear region.

:D:D:D

Indeed, the phrase the lady doth protest too much is applicable
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member
    Oh F e c k off!
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Putting kissing gays in some backstreet toilets.

That's the best representation of gay people since George Michael was arrested. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Has to be a wind up. These 'fans' of the show seem to have a memory problem, we had a gay couple on the square. So whats the difference now?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

That's the best representation of gay people since George Michael was arrested. :o

:D:D:D:D

I wonder were the toilets in Club Tropicana
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

And again I'll say it: they're at the tube station! :p
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has to be a wind up. These 'fans' of the show seem to have a memory problem, we had a gay couple on the square. So whats the difference now?

People will deal with the fact there are gay characters on the show, but won't deal with the fact they are embracing. Too much for their nasty narrowed minded bigoted homophobic minds.
  • Options
    MutantXMutantX Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well everyone will always have an opinion..as they're entitled to.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Antpants wrote: »

and his head wont be the shape of a football. :blush: