The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be a lovely gesture for Jake to be involved with the film although it would definitely make it even more emotional, given what he and Heath went through together with Brokeback and how close they were as friends :cry:

It must be really difficult for them to know what to do with the film, but I hope that they will release it with the scenes that Heath has already filmed. It will be very emotional and so hard to watch but I think it will be a great tribute to him as well. I like the idea that has been suggested about how his character falls through a mirror a few times during the film so could easily change into different actors.

I just hope they don't cut his scenes entirely and replace him with a different actor. They should either scrap it or do as suggested and have Heath "turn" into a different actor or actors.

I've just been watching the Baftas and they did a montage of all the actors/directors/writers etc who have died in the last year....Heath was the last one shown, it still doesn't seem real somehow, I just wish we could turn the clock back :(

I saw that- it was really sad wasn't it. Sienna Miller looked like she was crying and Orlando Bloom looked like he was just about to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    johnen56 wrote: »
    I saw that- it was really sad wasn't it. Sienna Miller looked like she was crying and Orlando Bloom looked like he was just about to.

Orlando looked really upset, I just wanted to hug him! At least Sienna had her mum sat next to her. Must be awful sitting at those events when you know that the cameras are going to show you because you knew the person concerned.

I thought that it was a really lovely idea that Heath's wake was as much a celebration of his life as a memorial. I think when someone dies that young, you have to try to focus on all the good times and try to forget the bad if you can, and it looked like they were certainly doing that on the beach.
  • LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    johnen56 wrote: »

I felt sorry for Sienna and Orlando having the cameras focussed on them afterwards, especially as Sienna did appear to be crying.

The montage was a lovely tribute to all those who have passed away though, but really shocking to see young stars like Heath and Brad Renfro in there :(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, please be kind, this is my first post! I've been reading this thread since it started up when the other one got a bit :rolleyes:. I think it's a really lovely idea - no speculation or judgement, just nice celebratory chitchat. I do think Rugbyrose should post the pics of her stripey feet on here tho! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive just been looking at the memorial service pics and the wake, got all teary again, so sad! but nice to see all happy after at the wake! having been to both my mums and dads and them turning into a happy event after i know how important it is to celebrate their life after , not to sit and mourn!

hopefully over the year i will invest in some heaths films that i havent seen. sad that it took this to happen for me to do it but, well thats how it goes at times huh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what you mean - those pictures are so lovely at the beach with everyone laughing & in the sea. What a great way to celebrate his life.

Re the films, 10 things has been my easy watching dvd for ages - almost weekly (haven't watched it since beginning of Jan tho - can't quite face it yet), but I love knight's tale, four feathers, monsters ball, casanova, brothers grimm & lords of dogtown. Haven't seen BBM & think it will take some time before I can bring myself to watch it now:(. Will definitely give it a go tho!
  • Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Sillygirlflower and welcome. :)

Just for you lol...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/rainbowaura/P1010001.jpg

It was nice and a kind of relief to see people enjoy themselves at the beach wake. Although it felt intrusive seeing the pictures, it was nice to see Michelle and Kate smiling and looking a lot less distraught. It was good to see them laughing. Now is the time to remember the wonderful life he did have and the wonderful person he was, rather than his tragic demise.

I was at the cinema yesterday to see Cloverfield and as I walked in there was a huge Dark Knight poster, the one with Heath as the Joke with his back to us. Awesome poster, it took my breath away.

It was this one...
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i109/rainbowaura/darkknightformyspace.jpg
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Rugby Rose wrote: »

Just for you lol...

It was nice and a kind of relief to see people enjoy themselves at the beach wake. Although it felt intrusive seeing the pictures, it was nice to see Michelle and Kate smiling and looking a lot less distraught. It was good to see them laughing. Now is the time to remember the wonderful life he did have and the wonderful person he was, rather than his tragic demise.

I was at the cinema yesterday to see Cloverfield and as I walked in there was a huge Dark Knight poster, the one with Heath as the Joke with his back to us. Awesome poster, it took my breath away.

It was this one...

I think, although I don't know for certain, that the pictures were released by the Ledger family, they weren't intrusive pap pictures.

On another forum, several of us mentioned that, even in different places round the world, everyone seems to enjoy exactly the same beautiful sunset that day. Me and OH were driving home and were both entranced by it :)
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

I've just been watching the Baftas and they did a montage of all the actors/directors/writers etc who have died in the last year....Heath was the last one shown, it still doesn't seem real somehow, I just wish we could turn the clock back :(

I think I cried for a week after he died. I've never ever had a favourite actor before that I loved in whatever he did, I expected him to be around longer than I will, and to be one of the greatest actors of his generation ... But last night seeing that just started me off again. I never usually watch the BAFTA's. 2 years ago was the only time, cos of BBM. I actually taped the BBM bits onto a DVD ... and I often watch the bit when Jake wins and Heath looks so genuinely happy for him.

Stephen Fry's joke (in this school theme throughout the evening) about prefects Ledger and Gyllenhaal looking after the school sheep in the holidays always made me smile. :)

When I saw Heath in with all those people who had died, it didn't seem real in one way. I remember the thought that jumped straight to my head when I saw it was, 'Heath was here watching this 2 years ago'

I can never watch the BAFTA's again without remembering them in 2006.
    We even learnt that night that Jake was Matilda's godfather! The only downside to the night was Heath not winning. Apart from that it's a wonderful happy memory.
    Life can be cruel. :(
    Forum Member

Just for you lol...

It was this one...

I saw one of those for sale on e-Bay. 8ft by 5ft! That's big!

There's a smaller version of that free in a film mag this month.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Hi there- I missed the Bafta's last night and wanted to see the bit about the tribute to Heath- does anyone know if its on Youtube yet?

I saw those pics of the wake with eveyone in the sea, celebrating his life rather than mourning him- I suppose the only good thing about going before your friends and loved ones is that they'll all be around to send you off- isn't the thought of being 90 with no-one there much much worse???
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    veronagirl wrote: »
    Hi there- I missed the Bafta's last night and wanted to see the bit about the tribute to Heath- does anyone know if its on Youtube yet?

I saw those pics of the wake with eveyone in the sea, celebrating his life rather than mourning him- I suppose the only good thing about going before your friends and loved ones is that they'll all be around to send you off- isn't the thought of being 90 with no-one there much much worse???

There you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTGcboZGg0Q

Another site I frequent has just posted some caps from the webcam at the beach - they're from a distance, but seem to confirm that there were no paps bothering them, and it was a beautiful, beautiful sunset and send off for Heath.
  • Red-EyeRed-Eye Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    Hey guys.

Hope you don't mind me being here but I just want to pay a quick Tribute to Heath Ledger.

I know it's abit too late now but I just thought "nah go for it, better late than never".

I was never a fan of his, hell I barely even thought about him while he was alive but for some really odd reason his death has really shocked and affected me, I just can't seem to stop thinking about it sadly:(. After the shocking news of his untimely death I just couldn't help but to draw a picture of him in his memory. Here it is, it's the best tribute I could do I'm afraid...

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj237/DeEvalRedEye/?action=view&current=HEATHLEDGERTRIBUTE.jpg

My condolences go to Heath Ledger, his family and friends at this very sad time. R.I.P.

Now after that very sad note, I'm going to go now. Hope you guys are alright.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just for you lol...

It was this one...

Thanks for the socks pic Rugby Rose - it made me laugh so much on the other thread (& when everyone was talking about ordering stripey socks & gloves!). I have to say I've always loved stripey stuff (must've been a french onion seller in a past life!) so that giant pack of socks was very tempting............:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    I saw one of those for sale on e-Bay. 8ft by 5ft! That's big!

There's a smaller version of that free in a film mag this month.

Do you know which mag it is? Wouldn't mind buying it.

The poster at the cinema was hanging from the ceiling and must have been about the 8ft by 5ft if not bigger, probably more 10 x 5.
    Thanks for the socks pic Rugby Rose - it made me laugh so much on the other thread (& when everyone was talking about ordering stripey socks & gloves!). I have to say I've always loved stripey stuff (must've been a french onion seller in a past life!) so that giant pack of socks was very tempting............:p

lol You are very welcome. I was tempted to post a picture daily with a new pair on lol. Oh and round Merry Hill yesterday I saw some lovely stripey fingerless gloves in Accessorise, I was so tempted, but just way too bright for me. More subtle shades and I'd have had them. Then I saw a stripey scarf. I could have gone stripey mad and spent a fortune. I love stripey things too and got a few stripey tops aswell, but I really shouldn't because I got big bazookas. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, although I don't know for certain, that the pictures were released by the Ledger family, they weren't intrusive pap pictures.

On another forum, several of us mentioned that, even in different places round the world, everyone seems to enjoy exactly the same beautiful sunset that day. Me and OH were driving home and were both entranced by it :)

Oh good...thanks for letting me know. :) I missed that sunset but last night's was beautiful too.
  • Lola192000Lola192000 Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can never watch the BAFTA's again without remembering them in 2006.
    We even learnt that night that Jake was Matilda's godfather! The only downside to the night was Heath not winning. Apart from that it's a wonderful happy memory.
    Life can be cruel. :(

Yeah, I feel the same. I smile when I see how proud Heath was of Jake :) It was sad to see the tribute thing at the BAFTA's when Sienna looked like she was going to cry. I'm glad that they did the memorial thing on the beach/in the sea. I'm sure he would've wanted people to have fun :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    I couldn't stop crying after the tribute at the Baftas, i hadn't before because i thought it was silly crying over an actor i had never met. But last night i couldn't stop. I had even sat through Brokeback mountain on Saturday without sheding a tear....then i saw a close up of him in a knights tale and i couldn't hold the tears back.
    Forum Member
    Red-Eye wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Hope you don't mind me being here but I just want to pay a quick Tribute to Heath Ledger.

Hope you guys are alright.
    Hey Red-Eye, you are welcome anytime:), as is anyone else who is reading this and feels like posting. I started this thread so everyone who wanted to chat about Heaths life, loves and movies can come and have a chin wag with other like minded people.
    EVERYONE IS WELCOME.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for posting the bafta link, i had wondered if it was on there so you saved me a job of looking! thats me in tears again when it got to heaths pics, still cant believe i could get this upset over something like this, nice to know am not alone though! i guess this is what people must have felt like when james dean and such like passed away!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for posting the bafta link, i had wondered if it was on there so you saved me a job of looking! thats me in tears again when it got to heaths pics, still cant believe i could get this upset over something like this, nice to know am not alone though! i guess this is what people must have felt like when james dean and such like passed away!

Snap - those "who's passed away during the year" things always make me well up anyway! I watched that link & was in bits again. Don't remember feeling this upset when River Phoenix died tho. :cry:

Anyway onto more positive things - scenes that make me laugh - 10 things when he drills thru the book & when he sings to Kat & commandeers the marching band (you're too good to be true.............):D Need to go & think of some more:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    There you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTGcboZGg0Q

Another site I frequent has just posted some caps from the webcam at the beach - they're from a distance, but seem to confirm that there were no paps bothering them, and it was a beautiful, beautiful sunset and send off for Heath.
    Thank you- I had a look. Wish Heath didn't have to up on it at the end.
    Forum Member
    Do you know which mag it is? Wouldn't mind buying it.

The poster at the cinema was hanging from the ceiling and must have been about the 8ft by 5ft if not bigger, probably more 10 x 5.

I just found the cover online, cos I'd forgotten! It's Total Film Magazine. Pic of Ed Norton (I think it is) on the front, but at the top of the page is a small verion of the Joker pic to show you what posters are inside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just found the cover online, cos I'd forgotten! It's Total Film Magazine. Pic of Ed Norton (I think it is) on the front, but at the top of the page is a small verion of the Joker pic to show you what posters are inside.

Thanks a lot Flukie. I'll have a look in the newsagents tomorrow. :)
    Forum Member

yes it is total film, i bought it last week.
    BTW the sin eater is on c4 next week....will have a look and tell you when