Great Intelligence

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised how little the Doctor seemed to remembered of the Intelligence. After all it was during one of their encounters he met one of his best friends.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    I was surprised how little the Doctor seemed to remembered of the Intelligence. After all it was during one of their encounters he met one of his best friends.

Be fair though, that was 8 lifetimes and nearly 50 years ago :)
  • Dear ViewerDear Viewer Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a hint he knew more - the use of the 1967 Souvenir tin of the London Underground - but taking care when referring to future events involving his past incarnations.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Time for me to do "The Great Intelligence Through the Ages" for youtube methinks. Just wondering if the GI will return next year, cos if so I might hold back until after that ep airs ;)
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    Be fair though, that was 8 lifetimes and nearly 50 years ago :)

Well for The Doctor it was 100's of years ago now
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time for me to do "The Great Intelligence Through the Ages" for youtube methinks. Just wondering if the GI will return next year, cos if so I might hold back until after that ep airs ;)

I think this is setting things up for a retun at some point next year, considering rumours that
    the Yeti are meant to return
    Forum Member
    The wiki article isnt very clear, what is the Intelligence's purpose in creating the Yeti in The Abominable Snowmen, and what was its goal?

Otherwise, I conclude that the Intelligence can physically manifest itself and create a permanent body, but it takes a long time or something :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a hint he knew more - the use of the 1967 Souvenir tin of the London Underground - but taking care when referring to future events involving his past incarnations.

Hmm, i missed that, will have to rewatch :)
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i haven't heard anything about the yeti but i think ian mckellan is returning. apparently the season finale (so the episode before what ever happens on the 50th anniversary i guess) is filming in scotland. i did wonder (and am probably wrong!) whether scotland could be standing in for the himalayas..?
  • PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The wiki article isnt very clear, what is the Intelligence's purpose in creating the Yeti in The Abominable Snowmen, and what was its goal?

Otherwise, I conclude that the Intelligence can physically manifest itself and create a permanent body, but it takes a long time or something :confused:

i think the yeti were just guards created to keep people away from the cave where those spheres were kept..?
    Forum Member
    I understand that alright :)

Just in the article it says that the Intelligence begins to manifest in some other form, coming out of the spheres (unless that was foreshadowing the webbing in The Web of Fear?)