The Dumping Ground - CBBC

Comments

• Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,960
    Forum Member
    Sex wrote: »
    yea thats who i'm on about ... jody, she gets right on my wick:mad::o

In what way? The way she speaks or what?
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    In what way? The way she speaks or what?

i think it's because she reminds me o my younger sibling:o... relly annoying:o
  • *~TeePee~**~TeePee~* Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did you think of series 4 and 5 of The Story Of Tracy Beaker? Just asking because Tracy was absent in many episodes. She hardly appeared in series 5 even though Tracy returned to Elm Tree in episode 4 (Probably because Dani had exams at the time).

I didn't much care for series 5. It seemed like the Justine show at that point, but I'm guessing, as another poster has said, that at the time she would have been about 16 and facing exams, not sure. But the episodes without her lacked, I mean Justine had a whole new rival :s Wasn't into it. She had SOME appearances though, in comparison to nothing at all [which was probably her choice.]

Kudos to them for continuing to run it, and give the actors some more exposure and potential to showcase their talents..It just feels trippy, but no doubt I'll get used to it.
  • RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I felt it was a bit odd that Tracy wasn't in episodes while she still lived at the DG, I thought it was great that it was focussing on other characters - mainly Crash, Jackie and Roxy. When they cancelled it, I was disappointed because I'd grown attached to the other characters and I thought it could easily carry on without Tracy.

I don't think it was cancelled. Apparently, Dani didn't feel fiesty to continue the role as Tracy at that time. Since Tracy still had to stay at Elm Tree (because Gary and Cam were going on their honeymoon), I was hoping that more episodes would air until Gary and Cam return and then we could have seen Tracy leave for good onscreen while saying goodbye to everyone for the last time but unfortunately it didn't happen. I was a bit disappointed because the finale episode for series 5 was a bit underwhelming, it didn't feel like a strong finale comapred to last 4 finale episodes in past series but fortunately, we got TBR which was great. I still have high hopes for 'The Dumping Ground' and if it attracts a big audience in the next few weeks then we might see a second series next year!:)
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I don't think it was cancelled. Apparently, Dani didn't feel fiesty to continue the role as Tracy at that time. Since Tracy still had to stay at Elm Tree (because Gary and Cam were going on their honeymoon), I was hoping that more episodes would air until Gary and Cam return and then we could have seen Tracy leave for good onscreen while saying goodbye to everyone for the last time but unfortunately it didn't happen. I was a bit disappointed because the finale episode for series 5 was a bit underwhelming, it didn't feel like a strong finale comapred to last 4 finale episodes in past series but fortunately, we got TBR which was great. I still have high hopes for 'The Dumping Ground' and if it attracts a big audience in the next few weeks then we might see a second series next year!:)

I know Dani chose to leave (the first time around), but it was still cancelled, because the point is that they could have continued it without her, and I hoped that they would. But as I said, at least now they've come to their senses. I would have liked to know what happened to all the other characters though - Jackie, Crash, Roxy, Rio, Lol, Wolfie etc.
    Forum Member
    New episode today at 5 :)
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sex wrote: »
    yea thats who i'm on about ... jody, she gets right on my wick:mad::o

I like Jody, especially when she discovers someone doing something they shouldn't, and they ask her to keep quiet. She's always fails so spectacularly. And I think her addiction to chocolate biscuits is funny.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie Williams (Lily) and Miles Butler-Hughton (Tyler) are in the CBBC office now!:)
    Forum Member
    Jessie Williams (Lily) and Miles Butler-Hughton (Tyler) are in the CBBC office now!:)

Good thing they aren't giving away spoilers :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/05/the-dumping-ground.html

Info for episode 6.

Central episode for FAITH! YAY!:D
    Forum Member

Nice to see they are focusing an episode on Faith.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see they are focusing an episode on Faith.

Agreed. We will get to know her a bit more after that episode airs.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 3 is starting now!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sapphire was mentioned again.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what did you guys think of that episode?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just realised Gus wasn't in that episode!:eek: I guess the information on Wikipedia was true then.
    Forum Member
    Quite hard hitting at times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the episode was okay, but it's not one of my favourites. I liked the scenes with Carmen and Tee supporting Lily. I also liked seeing Tyler and Jody's friendship growing. The scenes with Lily and her dad were also a bit emotional and the ending was also very sweet. I'm also glad Sapphire was mentioned again. However, I do feel the episode was a bit rushed at some parts. I thought the first two episodes were better to be honest but it was decent at least. I am looking forward to next week's episode as it's focused on Jody again. :)

Here's a sneek peak!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p013nb7k
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Faith, I want to see more of her
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Electra's rainbow badge. Another hint? Will they have the courage?

Good ep.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    I really like Faith, I want to see more of her

Don't worry. We will be seeing more of her. Episode 6 will be focused on her! There will be a central episode for Faith! I like her too.:)
    Forum Member
    Still don't know why that episode with Gus is being aired on a Monday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still don't know why that episode with Gus is being aired on a Monday.

Even episode 6 is also airing on Monday for some reason?:confused: I still think they've made an error.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else think Johnny behaved completely out of character in this episode? He's my favourite character, but he was horrible this week, and totally deserved the prank they played on him. He redeemed himself marginally at the end, but I didn't think his behaviour made sense at all. Unless he was angry at Jody and Tyler for the way they treated him last week, but if that was the case, it should have been clearer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, I think Johnny has always been a bit of a git.