MGM HD Confirms Closure

2»

Comments

• Options
    DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mersey70 wrote: »
    The post on the Sky Help Forum dosen't really suggest there'll be an individual channel but rather the films will be broadcast over the existing movie channels and on demand.

Apologies I can't provide a link to it, I'm on my iPad and to be honest I don't know how to copy a link but it's pretty easy to find in the Sky Programming and Channels section of the help forum.

Press and keep pressing the address bar until it goes blue and you let you select all should appear. Then press that then press copy when it appears.

Then press long where you want to drop the link then press paste :)

PJ
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    I only ever watched a hand full of films on the channel, most of the films were not well known. I hope Sky get the films for on demand.

RIP.

One of the last films in invasion of the body stitchers so I will sure record this.
  • Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only ever watched a hand full of films on the channel, most of the films were not well known. I hope Sky get the films for on demand.

RIP.

One of the last films in invasion of the body stitchers so I will sure record this.

Apparently they have acquired the movie rights for On Demand.
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MGM have a good back catalog. I hope Sky getting the on demand rights mean we see a lot more classic movies than they have now. Their classic film selection on demand is pretty weak at the moment.

Would also like to see a separate section for British film from the 50s, 60s and 70s that just don't get shown on tv anymore.
  • Options
    Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    moviesman wrote: »
    Get real man.No wondering there closing. They showed the same things over and over loads of times.For all the stars out there and there flicks thats never on.Maybe if they had different stuff on they wouldnt need to close.

like sky same films over and over again they move them to different channels
  • Options
    ANDYW_9ANDYW_9 Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I miss this channel, all the money Sky gets of their subscribers and yet sky most probably disputed over carriage costs from Metro Goldwyn Mayer.
  • Options
    KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ANDYW_9 wrote: »
    I miss this channel, all the money Sky gets of their subscribers and yet sky most probably disputed over carriage costs from Metro Goldwyn Mayer.

The channel was part owned by Sky, so I doubt it. More likely Sky did a deal to buy the rights for its own branded channels, which it now has.
  • Options
    spearce8spearce8 Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    KesterK wrote: »
    More likely Sky did a deal to buy the rights for its own branded channels, which it now has.

Yes but when will they start to show them, I thought come the 1st Feb we might of seen a few appear through 'on demand', but nothing, just hope when they do show, they don't go to 'Sky Store'
  • Options
    CraigCraig Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spearce8 wrote: »
    Yes but when will they start to show them, I thought come the 1st Feb we might of seen a few appear through 'on demand', but nothing, just hope when they do show, they don't go to 'Sky Store'

Well after l posted above about the movies appearing on Sky's movie channels and on demand, the same question was asked on the Sky forum, and l replied with the same answer, after getting my information from DS, but Sky responded and said that no deal has been done.

They didn't say if they are trying either, just that it hadn't happened yet.