Newcastle United Supporters Thread 2014/15 Season

Comments

• PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Time will tell I guess. I'm not a huge fan of Pardew though I would hate to go back to the management carousel we were on a few years ago.
  • PDS1985PDS1985 Posts: 29,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilT1808 wrote: »
    I would hate to go back to the management carousel we were on a few years ago.

I wouldn't want that either. :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ayoze Perez has been an awesome signing this season. :cool:
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one could blame Pardew for wanting out of Newcastle.
  • PhilT1808PhilT1808 Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »

Yes. He's not the most popular of people on Tyneside with a number of supporters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »

The first 60 games (in the Premier League) we're good/great with him in charge, especially in the 2011/12 season when we finished 5th, but since then it's been terrible.

We we're nearly relegated in the following season (2012/2013) and last season we lost 14 of our last 20 games in the Premier League, also then their was the Meyler incident as well as this season were we have been inconsistent again.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this stage I'm not putting my hopes up on these Pardew developments. But we'll see.

The atmosphere about the club has been difficult for him for a while.

Good performance from us today on the whole.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    Good performance from us today on the whole.

I liked the match apart from when they scored their second with 6 minutes to go (plus injury time) :blush:

I'm glad we won though and at least we have more points on the board (26) at this stage of a season than when we were nearly relegated in 2012/2013 when we had 20 points.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    Can't believe [some] Palace fans want Pardew as there next Manager!! :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Brian McNally's Twitter:
    Alan Pardew set for Palace talks in next 48 hours.Clubs close to agreement on compensation & Toon boss open to London return.#nufc #cpfc

https://twitter.com/McNallyMirror/status/549342133350825985

:o
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    PDS1985 wrote: »

Thought he had retired last year, So not sure how reliable he is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Thought he had retired last year

I think he has retired, but Rob Draper (Chief Football Writer) of the Mail on Sunday has written this on his Twitter as well:
    Hearing Pardew + #cpfc pretty much agreed. Guess there could be odd glitch tmrw but seems it will happen.

https://twitter.com/draper_rob/status/549336923085746176
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilT1808 wrote: »
    Who would you think we could get in if Pardew does go?

Joe Kinnear :o:D
  • Maggie 55Maggie 55 Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure but I personally think it's time for a change .

You're the sort of supporter who persuades someone like Pardew to go.

He is rich beyond most peoples dreams and if he wants to say, 'Well have what you want, and see how you like it!', he can.

He has been abused terribly by a fair proportion of Newcastle 'fans', his crime? Well that would be not winning things like they are used to (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). The fact he has done well overall in the Premiership seems to escape these 'fans'.

Well you hopefully will get your wish. Who is available? I hear Neil Warnock is free!.

Perhaps it will be like when the fans called for Sam Allardyce's head for not going all out attack and they subsequently 'attacked' themselves into relegation. That would be amusing!

Maggie
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God knows who will get. First thought was pulis but couldnt see him working under Ashley.

Must say if this goes through then Ashley deserves some credit regarding that much mocked long contract but 5m compensation would be an amazing return for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maggie 55 wrote: »
    You're the sort of supporter who persuades someone like Pardew to go.

He is rich beyond most peoples dreams and if he wants to say, 'Well have what you want, and see how you like it!', he can.

He has been abused terribly by a fair proportion of Newcastle 'fans', his crime? Well that would be not winning things like they are used to (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). The fact he has done well overall in the Premiership seems to escape these 'fans'.

Well you hopefully will get your wish. Who is available? I hear Neil Warnock is free!.

Perhaps it will be like when the fans called for Sam Allardyce's head for not going all out attack and they subsequently 'attacked' themselves into relegation. That would be amusing!

Maggie

Oh dear, always one
  • k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Got a fear it's going to be Tim Sherwood, Spurs connections which links to Ashley's friendship with Daniel Levy plus his 'first team coach' label means that there won't be conflict over Ashley doing transfer dealings over his head.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    God knows who will get. First thought was pulis but couldnt see him working under Ashley..

I'm not sure, there's rumours on the Internet about a possibility of Frank de Boer but I doubt it will be him unfortunately. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure, there's rumours on the Internet about a possibility of Frank de Boer but I doubt it will be him unfortunately. :confused:

I always get excited over rumoured names but as above I fear Sherwood too.

Beardsley maybe worth a punt. Worked in Ashleys system for while, u21's doing well,would cost nothing to hire and demand lower wages then a lot. Would be happy to see him get a chance
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k0213818 wrote: »
    Got a fear it's going to be Tim Sherwood, Spurs connections which links to Ashley's friendship with Daniel Levy plus his 'first team coach' label means that there won't be conflict over Ashley doing transfer dealings over his head.

I agree Tim Sherwood is a possibility with Les Ferdinand as assistant manager as well.
  • Maggie 55Maggie 55 Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, always one

I think probably more than one, who is amused by the irony of the situation and the pretensions of a lot of the Newcastle fans.

Where do you think you should have been over the last few seasons and which manager (who would ever consider coming to such a club) could have delivered it? You're the club who hired Joe Kinnear as the Director of Football recently.

Pardew sucked that up, no doubt biding his time. Other mangers will have seen that situation, how many first class managers, with a good track record at the top level, would want to risk putting themselves at risk of the same sort of decision do you think?

Maggie
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Looking up on few past stories when he was linked with spurs job he called them sleeping giants along with Liverpool and Newcastle. So least he holds us in high regards
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking up on few past stories when he was linked with spurs job he called them sleeping giants along with Liverpool and Newcastle. So least he holds us in high regards

I think Frank de Boer would fancy the job seeing how well Ronald Koeman is doing at Southampton. Certainly the compo money from Palace would pay for him and his assistant..................Dennis Bergkamp.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feckit wrote: »
    Joe Kinnear :o:D

What about "Super" Ally?

With Ashley's connection to him, it wouldn't be too hard for him to get him out of his garden and into the Newcastle dugout would it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Certainly very difficult to blame Pardew for taking an opportunity to go to Palace with his previous links there.

It wouldn't be quute true to suggest that he was held in universal affection in the Newcastle support and he did last a fair innings.

One can argue about club potential, but I can see the pulling power of possible rather more job satisfaction.