Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    John Lennon , 1966.

Exactly, there's nothing new under the sun :D:D
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I remember last year and the papers saying he had said whatever.....and it was a load of r....sh and think you will find this is tot Has anyone got a recording of him saying this?;) I have my own thoughts about 2001 however I am not about to voice it here as I don't want to.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    There's no such thing as bad publicity so Matt's probably laughing his socks off at the way people are taking him so seriously. Anyone who loves Matt's voice will still buy the album;)

There's no such thing as bad publicity for someone who's trying to launch a career and coming off as a ungrateful douchebag in the process..:confused::confused:..?

If you were talking about Lady Gaga, then yes...all publicity is good. But she already made it. Matt is a nobody trying to become somebody, and so far the only thing he's becoming is an ass.

Maybe there are some fans who will buy his albums because they like his voice, but the majority of the fanbase that bought into his fake image on XF...which he is now turning his nose up at....I'm sure they'll be more than happy to drop their support for him.

Weak opening single performance and tepid album sales = forgotten by mid-2012. He'll be free to go back to his "credible" roots of playing in local pubs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore him.

He should know better than making comments that will upset many people who are trying to get on with their lives 10 years on.

And why on earth DS thought it was appropriate to feature him performing a song with that title to accompany the article is beyond me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    benami311 wrote: »
    There's no such thing as bad publicity for someone who's trying to launch a career and coming off as a ungrateful douchebag in the process..:confused::confused:..?

If you were talking about Lady Gaga, then yes...all publicity is good. But she already made it. Matt is a nobody trying to become somebody, and so far the only thing he's becoming is an ass.

Maybe there are some fans who will buy his albums because they like his voice, but the majority of the fanbase that bought into his fake image on XF...which he is now turning his nose up at....I'm sure they'll be more than happy to drop their support for him.

Weak opening single performance and tepid album sales = forgotten by mid-2012. He'll be free to go back to his "credible" roots of playing in local pubs.
    Well, this is how a vocal few DS members choose to interpret the articles about him, and we all know that DS isn't representative of the audience in general, let alone the noisy unhappy handfull of posters who keep repeating the same opinions and insults forever..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    Well, this is how a vocal few DS members choose to interpret the articles about him, and we all know that DS isn't representative of the audience in general, let alone the noisy unhappy handfull of posters who keep repeating the same opinions and insults forever..

At the same time, the pro-Matt DS posters aren't an accurate representative of the general public who may or may not be offended by how he's coming across...resulting in fewer albums and tour tickets sold.

Look at Kitty. Look at Katie. It was child's play to get the nation to turn against them, and they were giving the press a lot less to work with than Matt is. If you don't think there's going to be some sort of backlash, you're kidding yourself.

His single didn't sell particularly well. His album sales aren't fantastic. Do you really think that all of this verbal diarrhea he's spewing to the press is going to help his cause? It's ok to cause controversy when you're established, but not when he's starting out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly ... whilst I'm not denying that not everyone who voted for Matt will buy his album and people will go off him (for whatever reasons) just like most X Factor contestants loose support after the initial hoopla of the show and perhaps some may read what they want into his recent interviews and let that put them off supporting him ...

.. but I also sense a lot of wishful thinking from some quarters going on here :D

but like you say we all know that DS is no measure for public opinion .. whether that be from the Appreciation Threads or the amount of negative threads on the MF
  • Launch FanLaunch Fan Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    He's fast turning into the idiot from Blue with the blonde hair. This pushed me over the edge, as only thick deluded arseholes believe in this nonsense. Disgusting. Hope someone knocks him out as running your mouth like this is asking for it.
  • BieberIsMyLifeBieberIsMyLife Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has a very high opnion of himself.
    Forum Member
    At the same time, the pro-Matt DS posters aren't an accurate representative of the general public who may or may not be offended by how he's coming across...resulting in fewer albums and tour tickets sold.

Look at Kitty. Look at Katie. It was child's play to get the nation to turn against them, and they were giving the press a lot less to work with than Matt is. If you don't think there's going to be some sort of backlash, you're kidding yourself.

His single didn't sell particularly well. His album sales aren't fantastic. Do you really think that all of this verbal diarrhea he's spewing to the press is going to help his cause? It's ok to cause controversy when you're established, but not when he's starting out.

The pro-Matt posters are not representative either, but it doesn't make the antis representative.
    Calling someone a douchebag, an idiot, or a thick deluded arsehole is such an overreaction considering the original articles that it's hard to pinpoint what it is representative of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pro-Matt posters are not representative either, but it doesn't make the antis representative.
    Calling someone a douchebag, an idiot, or a thick deluded arsehole is such an overreaction considering the original articles that it's hard to pinpoint what it is representative of.

It's no different than people calling LIndsay Lohan an idiot for her latest shenanigans. Words alot stronger than douchebag have been tossed out against pretty much everyone that acts a fool in public.

I get that you like him, no matter what he does or says. That's fine. I'm not saying you have to turn on him. But Matt's in the public eye. When he does stupid things, he's going to get called out on it by the public. So yeah...for me all of this "I'm a credible artist." and "I massively compromised myself with X-Factor" and what have you spells massive D-O-U-C-H-E-B-A-G. In fact, there should be a picture of him with the fake tattoos next to the dictionary entry, because I have yet to come across a more accurate visual depiction of the word.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :D

Exactly, there's nothing new under the sun :D:D

Matt Cardle ain't no John Lennon, though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no different than people calling LIndsay Lohan an idiot for her latest shenanigans. Words alot stronger than douchebag have been tossed out against pretty much everyone that acts a fool in public.

each to their own but using Lyndsay Lohan and what she's done/doing at the moment as an example to compare with Matt and him saying a few things in the paper that people take offense at just shows how I feel some people are overreacting a tad overthese "quotes" .. although I sense that for a lot of them their initial dislike for him in the first place and their wish for him to fail fuels this overreaction
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Matt Cardle ain't no John Lennon, though.

Indeed, I never compared the two, merely answered the question, which was 'when did people take notice of what pop stars say'

Aside from playing fast and loose with the definition of star there describing matt, the 'bigger than jesus' thing is really the first one I can remember.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, I never compared the two, merely answered the question, which was 'when did people take notice of what pop stars say'

Aside from playing fast and loose with the definition of star there describing matt, the 'bigger than jesus' thing is really the first one I can remember.

Oh, I wasn't having a go. Just suggesting that John had more opportunity to "get away with it," than Matt does.

If I recall, all John's comments did was boost Beatles record sales, as the Bible Belt went out and bought them en masse to burn. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    each to their own but using Lyndsay Lohan and what she's done/doing at the moment as an example to compare with Matt and him saying a few things in the paper that people take offense at just shows how I feel some people are overreacting a tad overthese "quotes" .. although I sense that for a lot of them their initial dislike for him in the first place and their wish for him to fail fuels this overreaction

We've been through this already. It's not that there was one "quote". There have been numerous over the course of about 3 weeks now, all with different interviewers, yet all ironically playing around the same theme. If it happened once, I'd agree with you...people are acting prematurely. But as many times as Matt's opened his mouth, it's open season now.

I'm sure there are people who were non-fans that are gleefully celebrating his downfall. But there are also alot of people that were either casual fans or were indifferent about him that have now decided that they think he's a douchebag based on the COLLECTIVE SUM of his interviews with the media. And that's fair play.

For every Matt anti-fan who starts a celebration thread, there is a Matt fan who will spin and spin and spin to try to get the desired result. So you can probably argue that their are anti-Matt fans that are vicious, Matt fans that are deluded, and a whole set of people in between. And from reading these threads, it's not just the anti-Matt fans that have negative things to say about him in light of his interviews.
    Forum Member

I get that you like him, no matter what he does or says. That's fine. I'm not saying you have to turn on him. But Matt's in the public eye. When he does stupid things, he's going to get called out on it by the public. So yeah...for me all of this "I'm a credible artist." and "I massively compromised myself with X-Factor" and what have you spells massive D-O-U-C-H-E-B-A-G. In fact, there should be a picture of him with the fake tattoos next to the dictionary entry, because I have yet to come across a more accurate visual depiction of the word.

I am not a huge fan. He was my favourite during the show but I forgot about him until the start of the new season, and I haven't even bought his album.
    I just think that people have built up an idea of who he is through snippets from the tabloid press that can be totally misleading. The vitriol thrown at him because of the interpretation of small comments is unbelievable!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there are people who were non-fans that are gleefully celebrating his downfall. But there are also alot of people that were either casual fans or were indifferent about him that have now decided that they think he's a douchebag based on the COLLECTIVE SUM of his interviews with the media. And that's fair play.

I guess it all depends on what you class as "a lot" and where you're getting your info from

I still find the reaction on here to the stuff he's said a bit OTT .. people seem to be getting themselves all wound up and in a right tizzy ... I can almost here them bashing the keys on the keyboard :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I guess it all depends on what you class as "a lot" and where you're getting your info from

I still find the reaction on here to the stuff he's said a bit OTT .. people seem to be getting themselves all wound up and in a right tizzy ... I can almost here them bashing the keys on the keyboard :D

Just using these threads as an example. You know who the ones are that don't like Matt, and you have a number of others who post their disapproval of what he said...and there's quite a few.

And seriously...it's DS. People get into a tizzy and demand Kitty's death because she jumped in the pool at JH. Matt's gotten off lightly by comparison, especially considering he's given the media more material to run and work with than Kitty has.
  • wandashirkwandashirk Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just using these threads as an example. You know who the ones are that don't like Matt, and you have a number of others who post their disapproval of what he said...and there's quite a few.

And seriously...it's DS. People get into a tizzy and demand Kitty's death because she jumped in the pool at JH. Matt's gotten off lightly by comparison, especially considering he's given the media more material to run and work with than Kitty has.

Matt's fans seem to be awfully thin skinned.

As well as hard of hearing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,314
    Forum Member
    well i who knows what really happened that day and why. matt cardle just like us has opinions and by expressing them its a bit unfair to slate him for it.