Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to tell from the available evidence, but I suspect it will eventually come out that there was no "high-level paedophile ring" at the BBC, but there was at Jersey, the North Wales care homes and the Elm Guest House.
    I think the whole reason for the cover-up in the first place is because of VIP involvement in rings involving children's care homes. Those in Jersey and North Wales, in particular. So, I'd be very surprised if that was allowed to come out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    Hard to tell from the available evidence, but I suspect it will eventually come out that there was no "high-level paedophile ring" at the BBC, but there was at Jersey, the North Wales care homes and the Elm Guest House.

Savile may have been very well involved in Jersey. But I'm not sure about North Wales. And on the Elm Guest, is there any evidence he he was there?
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry Izzy, didn't mean that to sound as abrupt as it sounded. But I am surprised you haven't read the report as you usually do try to take the trouble to cover everything.

Its ok. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to understand such large documents as that to be quite honest, not coming from a legal background :o its alot of information.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I've read the whole Hillsborough Inquiry report together with all the available material from it, which includes the Taylor Inquiry and the other inquiry (the name escapes me for a moment). I personally find the Hillsborough Inquiry doesn't find anything that wasn't already found in the previous two inquiries, nor do I consider it particularly independent. But that aside, I don't know what you think another inquiry is needed for. Are you suggesting that there is a conspiracy and cover up? If thats the case its probably a matter best taken to the lizard forum.

Those reports you allude to above - they are reports of allegations made in the last three - four months. Not historic reports.

No, I'm not suggesting there is a conspiracy and cover up. Merely that we do not have the full facts.

First, the Hillsborough Inquiry did reveal new evidence.

The Guardian 12/9/2012

"Hillsborough: the truth about the causes of the disaster."

The Telegraph 13/9/2012.

"The Director of Public Prosecutions has announced that he is looking at all the new evidence uncovered by last month's ground-breaking report into the 1989 tragedy, to see if it could support charges that the authorities' chaotic response led to lives being lost."

BBC 13/9/2012

Previously unseen government papers about the 1989 Hillsborough disaster that led to the deaths of 96 football fans have been released to the public.

The report, by the Hillsborough Independent Panel, showed police and emergency services made "strenuous attempts" to deflect the blame for the disaster on to innocent fans.

In a statement to Parliament, Prime Minister David Cameron said he was "profoundly sorry" for the injustice the victims' families had faced.

The release of the documents prompted a widespread reaction, from campaigners, politicians and sporting bodies.

ABC News 13/9/2012

British prime minister David Cameron has apologised in parliament after an inquiry into the 1989 Hillsborough soccer disaster found police tried to blame fans for what happened.

Mail Online 13/9/2012

Documents show that police statements were systematically changed or deleted and PM confirms at least 164 were adapted by the police

Wikipedia - Hillsborough

In September 2012, the Hillsborough Independent Panel concluded that up to 41 of the 96 fatalities might have been saved had they received prompt medical treatment.[8] The report revealed "multiple failures" by other emergency services and public bodies which contributed to the death toll. In response to the panel's report, Attorney General for England and Wales, Dominic Grieve MP, confirmed he would consider all the new evidence to evaluate whether the original inquest verdicts of accidental death could be overturned.[9] On 19 December 2012, a new inquest was granted in the High Court, to the delight of the Hillsborough deceased families and friends.

I am not going to waste any more time showing you reports, on Hillsborough, JS, etc. because I'm beginning to think, no matter what evidence you are shown, if it does not suit your closed mind, you dismiss it all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tomorrow's Star front page
    https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/290220226304413698/photo/1
    Savile police will arrest 7 more stars.
  • Cletus Van DamnCletus Van Damn Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    The whole thing stinks to high heaven. There is no way he could have got away with what he has done without having connections.
    When are the politicians and the royal family members with who he was so close to be investigated?
    Te investigation so far stinks of a cover up.
    I am disgusted with the whole thing and hope the truth eventually comes out.

Two little boys and the young ones? That will come out soon
  • Cletus Van DamnCletus Van Damn Posts: 445
    Forum Member
    I think the whole reason for the cover-up in the first place is because of VIP involvement in rings involving children's care homes. Those in Jersey and North Wales, in particular. So, I'd be very surprised if that was allowed to come out.

I would be surprised also. The names supposedly involved are high up in politics and the Adams family. Disgusting stuff
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing stinks to high heaven. There is no way he could have got away with what he has done without having connections.
    When are the politicians and the royal family members with who he was so close to be investigated?
    Te investigation so far stinks of a cover up.
    I am disgusted with the whole thing and hope the truth eventually comes out.
    Two little boys and the young ones? That will come out soon

Exactly. So the police are going to haul in 7 more celebs according to that last tweet probably for a bit of groping in the 70's :rolleyes: Not saying its right by the way :o but i was a young girl in the 70's and it happened a lot! But it's not getting to the nitty gritty
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well we all know who the singer is. It's anyone's guess what they have on him though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday Express frontpage

"Savile was part of satanic ring"

:eek:

The Mail has a story about a young lady who had a relationship with Jim Davidson when she was 16.
  • Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Well we all know who the singer is. It's anyone's guess what they have on him though.

A lot of complaints, on the Television thread, about how Savile and DLT prohibitions are cocking up TOTP repeats. This is going to create even worse trouble!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of complaints, on the Television thread, about how Savile and DLT prohibitions are cocking up TOTP repeats. This is going to create even worse trouble!

They've shown Glitter stuff since his time in jail, so perhaps the full shows will be back. In the meantime, they could just edit them - or include bits from other shows (like the Old Grey Whistle Test).
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday Express frontpage

"Savile was part of satanic ring"

:eek:

The Mail has a story about a young lady who had a relationship with Jim Davidson when she was 16.

I do have to wonder at the Express, today they gave morre space to the weather on the front page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I do have to wonder at the Express, today they gave morre space to the weather on the front page.

It's usually Princess Di or the weather with them.

They're also giving away a free pedometer. Make of that what you will.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Especially with any Christmas retrospectives
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    inquirer64 wrote: »
    I am not going to waste any more time showing you reports, on Hillsborough, JS, etc. because I'm beginning to think, no matter what evidence you are shown, if it does not suit your closed mind, you dismiss it all.

Pot and kettle if I may say so. My mind was open enough to spend around 100 hours reading every single document in the portal. You, despite your username, haven't read beyond the (false) headlines. There was no new evidence. But I will be hugely grateful if you stop replying to me, thanks.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've shown Glitter stuff since his time in jail, so perhaps the full shows will be back. In the meantime, they could just edit them - or include bits from other shows (like the Old Grey Whistle Test).

I think that in future the shows should be kept as they are. They are part of pop history and the music is just that, music of the time. No-one has banned the stories and plays of Oscar Wilde although he (allegedly) once said "Little boys should be obscene and not heard". Yes, I know.:eek:
    However, his brilliance as a playwright and wit was undeniable therefore worth preserving.

TOTP is perhaps not in the same realm of brilliance :D but the music has its own place in our culture and heritage.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's usually Princess Di or the weather with them.

They're also giving away a free pedometer. Make of that what you will.

Someone is having a laugh perhaps. Sick or should we say sic?
  • sozzled2daysozzled2day Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd just shut up until the arrests are made instead of announcing it several weeks in advance - and then arresting someone for groping an adult woman 40 years ago. Half of us here have been groped at some point by a dirty old git with wandering hands, should we all go to the police? Or is it only 'news' if a celebrity groped us?

I'd like to know what all the bags contain that the police are removing from the accused's homes. I bet they're just taking out their rubbish for them but making it look like they're removing evidence. What physical evidence could possibly still be around 20, 30, 40 years later? I can only think of photographs or documents, but nothing big enough to fill bags!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they'd just shut up until the arrests are made instead of announcing it several weeks in advance - and then arresting someone for groping an adult woman 40 years ago. Half of us here have been groped at some point by a dirty old git with wandering hands, should we all go to the police? Or is it only 'news' if a celebrity groped us?

I'd like to know what all the bags contain that the police are removing from the accused's homes. I bet they're just taking out their rubbish for them but making it look like they're removing evidence. What physical evidence could possibly still be around 20, 30, 40 years later? I can only think of photographs or documents, but nothing big enough to fill bags!

They have to use those bags for evidence - even if it turns out to be of no value to their investigation.

Rumour is at least some of these next arrests will be about peadophilic activity - not sexual assaults (or otherwise) on those above legal age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I think that in future the shows should be kept as they are. They are part of pop history and the music is just that, music of the time. No-one has banned the stories and plays of Oscar Wilde although he (allegedly) once said "Little boys should be obscene and not heard". Yes, I know.:eek:
    However, his brilliance as a playwright and wit was undeniable therefore worth preserving.

TOTP is perhaps not in the same realm of brilliance :D
    but the music has its own place in our culture and heritage.
    I agree. They can just edit out Savile and Glitter if they want and still show the programmes. Do we know if they've stopped episodes with DLT presenting? If they have, that's bloody madness. I'm a huge TOTP fan and have really enjoyed reliving the musical memories from the 70s. Savile shouldn't get the last laugh by depriving us of part of our teenage history. TOTP was a massive part of my life and it would be ridiculous to stop showing it because of that bloody pervert.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Savile victim's fury as detective blasted for letting DJ off the hook is made key officer... in new Savile abuse inquiry

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2261452/Savile-victims-fury-detective-blasted-letting-DJ-hook-key-officer--new-Savile-abuse-inquiry.html#ixzz2HoO0DpK4
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have to use those bags for evidence - even if it turns out to be of no value to their investigation.

Rumour is at least some of these next arrests will be about peadophilic activity - not sexual assaults (or otherwise) on those above legal age.
    Ah, okay. I was wondering when they'd be focusing on actual paedophilia. Let's hope they leave no stone unturned and that all those investigating do whatever it is they have to, ie; no covering up for big names.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Savile may get 2nd knighthood - then lose it
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/National/article1193551.ece

Weird story.
    I was hoping for some decent analysis in the "quality" Sunday papers but haven't found anything yet.
    Although this is mildly interesting as background
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/saviles-escape-has-put-our-public-institutions-on-trial-8449250.html
This discussion has been closed.