Options

FA Cup 5th round TV picks

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with only Middlesbrough v Chelsea fifth round tie and only one replay Everton v Oldham I guess it be like this for TV.

Everton v Oldham live on ESPN - 26th February

Middlesbrough v Chelsea live on ITV1 - 27th February at 20:05pm
  • Options
    ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So with only Middlesbrough v Chelsea fifth round tie and only one replay Everton v Oldham I guess it be like this for TV.

Everton v Oldham live on ESPN - 26th February

Middlesbrough v Chelsea live on ITV1 - 27th February at 20:05pm

Middlesbrough v Chelsea can't be shown live TV. All the live fifth round games have been picked and shown.

Everton v Oldham will be on ITV, and ESPN's replay pick will be held over to next season.
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course there are 3 ties yet to be settled.

Manchester United v Reading is Monday night. If that goes to a replay, then I guess the replay of Reading v Manchester United will be on ITV, and Everton v Oldham on ESPN.

If Manchester United v Reading does not go to a replay, then Everton v Oldham will be on ITV1.

Of course its possible that if the Manchester United v Reading does not go to a replay, and Middlesbrough v Chelsea does, than the replay of Chelsea v Middlesbrough could be shown by ESPN on QF weekend, as a 5th round replay, like ITV did today with Chelsea v Brentford on 5th round weekend, showing a 4th round replay.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Middlesbrough reached the league cup final as well that season.

Must have been a strange season for Boro fans, 2 cup finals and relegation in the same season.

Obviously back in those days Bryan Robson, wasnt it, didnt decide to rest his players for the relegation battle, but played them in Cups instead, was that hte season, when Boro, had the likes of Juninho, Ravenelli, Emerson.

I remember thinking Juninho was like the bees knees back then, but Messi and Ronaldo are way better.

That was also the season wasnt it that Boro went down as they had 3 points deducted, because they said they couldnt fulfill there Match v Blackburn due to a bug going around
  • Options
    mattwmattw Posts: 1,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    Middlesbrough v Chelsea can't be shown live TV. All the live fifth round games have been picked and shown.

Everton v Oldham will be on ITV, and ESPN's replay pick will be held over to next season.

Which is probably correct given the contract, but, wouldn't really harm any party if the FA agreed to let itv / ESPN have 1 replay and 1 extra original tie instead of a replay. I can't see any reason for the FA not allowing it.

(Noted as per above posts that this may be academic if Man U - Reading goes to a replay).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mattw wrote: »
    Which is probably correct given the contract, but, wouldn't really harm any party if the FA agreed to let itv / ESPN have 1 replay and 1 extra original tie instead of a replay. I can't see any reason for the FA not allowing it.

(Noted as per above posts that this may be academic if Man U - Reading goes to a replay).

Well the argument would be then allowing all 8 ties to be on TV!

Anyway Manchester United v Reading is not now going to go to a replay, so Everton v Oldham will be on ITV1. I would have thought it would be on Tuesday February 26th.

ESPN can show any possible replay between Middlesbrough and Chelsea. If the match doesn't go to a replay the replay will be carried over until next season.
  • Options
    Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    Couldn't ESPN just pick up a second replay in the Quarter Finals, if there was more than two?
  • Options
    familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everton v Oldham replay is going to be show on ITV1 next Tuesday (26th February). :D

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013/Feb/everton-oldham-replay-itv-190213
  • Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picking the Three Biggest Capacity Clubs at home means the FA can put out the following press release !!!

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013/Feb/fifth-round-attendances.aspx
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Judio wrote: »
    Picking the Three Biggest Capacity Clubs at home means the FA can put out the following press release !!!

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013/Feb/fifth-round-attendances.aspx

"Picking"? Think the correct word is "drawing".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both the words still give the impression that it is random and the balls are not really warmed in the oven !!!

The sooner they use a lottery machine the better !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    Both the words still give the impression that it is random and the balls are not really warmed in the oven !!!

I'm old enough to remember when it was sound only, Radio 2, half past 12 on Monday lunchtime, earpiece in at school...

Really, they could have just been rattling a few Monopoly dice in a pencil case for all we knew, and just deciding which ties would get the most glamorous teams through to the final stages. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The cries of the draw being fixed would I think be even higher than now if they actually started using a lottery machine to draw the balls.

There are people out there that think the lottery is fixed. Given the choice between that and the balls being drawn out by hand, I'd rather they were just drawn out by hand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have unfamous people who are trained to NOT LOOK in the bowl when they pick the balls out !!!
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    They should have unfamous people who are trained to NOT LOOK in the bowl when they pick the balls out !!!

What makes you thing the "famous" people" can see the balls in the bowl when they look down?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV 4 will (similar to last Monday) show a 45 minute highlights show on Weds night for the non televised Middlesboro v Chelsea at 2230